A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 124201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RusskiMom
« Reply #450 on: March 14, 2008 04:20:09 PM »

Arzu,

You made my day with such an enthusiastic post. After seeing all of the cool crafts and packages, I was getting very nervous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Nonsense is good only because common sense is so limited." - George Santayana
sinisterbutterfli
« Reply #451 on: March 14, 2008 04:38:41 PM »

Ok, finally getting my pictures up. I hate being sick... Cry

Anywho, here's the fab box that cinnamonteal sent me for our first round. I opened it to find numerous numbered packages (no puppy to open mine, sadly)

First, after her letter, I got me some postcards. One's from her hometown, Santa Barbara, and 2 others are cool vintage ones. I actually collect postcards so the vintage ones are pretty neato.

Her photos were "artsy" photos, rather than pics of herself & her family, so here they are. I really dig the one with the trees. It kind of looks like it should be on a poster with some kind of motivational saying on it.

She sent me a bunch of cool cards, some of which were from her collection and some of which she made. I can't decide if my favorite are the B-movie spider ones or the pink-and-black skeleton type ones (ya, that's a pink and black Jack Skellington - it's fly).

For her show & tell items she sent me her favorite candy (sour patch watermelons), her favorite recipes, a sketchbook (because she draws), a knit washcloth that she made, and an apron for cooking (one of her favorite things to do).

No action shot for the apron, because I look really bad right now from being sick...

Last, but not least, for my random other goodies I got a giant petal pincushion made with Indian fabric. I LOVE Indian things, and I think it's hilarious that we both sent each other the same pincushion. I also got a tie on rainbow headband made out of super soft yarn, the Jack Skellington stamp she used to make the card, some ribbon that looks like measuring tape, a knit ring she made, and some Jelly Bellies from the factory by her house.

I love everything, thank you cinnamonteal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #452 on: March 14, 2008 05:18:19 PM »

I've been stalking this gallery for a while now...and I am SO jealous! You guys aren't even half way through, but I'm already hoping for a round 2. Grin

This is a genius swap idea! Can't wait to see more pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: March 14, 2008 05:52:03 PM »

I almost bought some of that measuring-tape ribbon! Is it fabricy, or plasticy? I wanted to make bracelets and such from it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #454 on: March 14, 2008 07:31:13 PM »

Yay my partner received! I checked the status on my parcel and it says it has finally cleared customs. So hopefully I'll be getting her package monday or tuesday  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristianne88

Skulls & Leopard Print... How Could U Go Wrong?

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 14, 2008 09:36:39 PM »

Woo hoo! I got my package! I feel like I have won the lottery! Tanzie is soooooo amazing and I freakin love everything!!!!!! Thank you Tanzie! Grin  GET READY FOR IMAGE OVERLOAD!!!

Stationery - I LOVE THIS! They are all pics by my fave artist Mark Ryden

Some cute note cards, A photobook with some HILARIOUS photos in it like ROCK LOBSTER! A beautiful hand drawn photobox

A Tie from my wists, a makeup bag, cute stars fridge magnets, a bracelet and necklace

Action shot!

A Decoupaged mirror

The cutest Pink cupcake handtowels from my wists! Tanzie's hands were pink for a week from dying these! Ninja head, her fave candle and chocolate and some lipgloss!

These were things I requested as we don't have Mod Podge or freezer paper in Oz! And some self adhesive ribboon with skulls and stars on them

Some Elvis fabric (I have already decided what I'm doing with this!), a note book, Cherry scented body spray (divine!) and chocolate stick things

2 Doggy collars for my monsters

You have no idea how difficult it was to get these photos. They are wearing the collars which you kind cant see

Thank you sooo much Tanzie! You are freakin awesome!  Cheesy
Sorry for the massive amount of photos!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008 10:29:02 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sinisterbutterfli
« Reply #456 on: March 14, 2008 10:07:43 PM »

I almost bought some of that measuring-tape ribbon! Is it fabricy, or plasticy? I wanted to make bracelets and such from it. Cheesy

It seems fabric-y... I haven't popper it open yet, but I can tell it isn't vinyl or anything like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starryeyeddiy
« Reply #457 on: March 14, 2008 10:22:53 PM »

Ohhh man you got spoiled by tanzie. I had her in my first swap and she was the best. She doesnt know how to do something tahts not just completely awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living and loving my life with my lil guy Dexter and Hubster Cody<3 Anxiously awaiting the arrival of a little girl in March 2011
GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #458 on: March 14, 2008 10:24:51 PM »

Oh yay!  I love the Mark Ryden cards, too!  Very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
calluna
« Reply #459 on: March 14, 2008 10:41:13 PM »

Awesome haul you got there, and cute doggies!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008 10:32:18 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about ISO Sensitivity
How to use the Metering Mode - Canon 40D DVD
How to work with shutter Speed
How to Change Your Focus Squares - Canon 40D
How to use the Canon Rebel XSi DVD - Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...