A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 121487 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #440 on: March 13, 2008 09:14:26 AM »

I love those sall and zero cards too!!  I wish I knew how to paint.  Cool International package Kitten wrangler.  Awesome swap!
Thanks! Wink All it takes is some practice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
miss Em
« Reply #441 on: March 13, 2008 10:56:40 AM »

Yea! I picked up my package from the post office today! Here are all the goodies I received from Psyche-

Paint brushes, hand painted leopard frame, kitty toys, sewing kit, cute stationary with playing cards and pinup girls, and the letter in the back round..

awesome zebra box (wonderfully hand painted), vintage pin up girl cards, candy bars..yummm

close up of the playing cards..they are too hot

cute make up bag..can you tell I love leopard print?..candles and lip gloss that she made..bad ass dvd..

postcards and photos

her fav magazine..which I had never seen before, but is rad.

my cat, Carly Simon, enjoying her new toys..

Thanks soooo much Jess..you rock!! I love everything!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008 12:15:26 PM by miss Em » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #442 on: March 13, 2008 10:58:56 AM »

impressive animal print painting skills on your gear, miss em!  i love the zebra and leopard prints.  Cheesy

plus carly simon has awesome coloring.  she's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #443 on: March 13, 2008 11:39:47 AM »

Great package! 

One of my cats, Lizard,  has the same coloring as Carly Simon (tortiseshell calico)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
miss Em
« Reply #444 on: March 13, 2008 12:14:36 PM »

impressive animal print painting skills on your gear, miss em!  i love the zebra and leopard prints.  Cheesy

plus carly simon has awesome coloring.  she's gorgeous!

thanks. she's a trip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arzu
Cookies and Lasers! Brilliant!

« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2008 01:28:54 AM »

This morning, as I was walking to the bus stop, I happened to check my mail, and what should be waiting for me there  but a package from Russia!!!  My partner sent express mail, and alas mine was sent only regular post, so hopefully mine will arrive in a timely manner.  But I digress.  So, I was walking along, with my keys out, trying to get through the packing tape to get the box open, while still walking (luckily my brother was there to carry my umbrella so I wasn't flailing that about) and nearly missed my bus, but after getting on the bus was able to get it open at last, and reveal the goodies that I shall show you now!

Stationary:  I'm truly blown away by RusskiMom's talent with paper crafts.  The handmade cards are so breathtakingly lovely, and she made me customized stationary as well, by CARVING a stamp (it says 'Arzu') and using it to stamp the paper and envelopes.  She sent along the stamp with a little inkpad, so that I can make more of my own!  She also sent a Cyrillic Alphabet stencil!  Huzzah!

Next, her show and tell items:  Some of her favourite yarn (it's ultra soft, like a little cloud against your skin), a guidebook to the city where she lives - Vladivostok - and she included a map in the front with little arrows pointing out places of interest such as her house, and her school where she works!  She also included her postcards and pictures inside the guidebook, at the most relevant points, so that I can not only get a postcard, but also read up on what it's about.  Way cool!!  Next her favourite kind of knitting needles - bamboo, the kind that I've always looked at longingly in the store, but couldn't justify buying.  After that, her favourite chocolate - yum!  And lastly, a Russian craft magazine, packed full of cool craft ideas, and just waiting for me to be fluent enough to read it!

And lastly we have the small items (plus the cute card she sent her letter in cause I forgot to put it in either of the other pictures - the anime-ish one at the bottom, which is really cool because it embodies the fusion of my two favourite cultures!) so to the left of the card is some almond pocky-type stuff, which has become my new favourite kind.  Chocolate is wonderful, but chocolate plus almonds is heavenly.  The box is half gone and still disappearing as I write this.  To the right are some matroshka doll stitch markers that she made, which will come in very handy since the only stitch markers I have right now are for sweater-size needles. Incidentally, all my memories of matroshka dolls come from playing at my grandma's house because she had a set that we would play with every time we visited her.  So lots of warm happy memories associated with those.  Above those is a really ingenious bookmark, made from wire.  I've never seen a bookmark of this sort, but I can see how useful it would be to have one that doesn't fall out of your book if you accidentally drop it or knock it off your bedside table.  Sitting underneath the bookmark is a wonderful little album she made, and I realize I should have taken a picture of it opened up, but forgot to.  It took me a little bit to figure out how it unfolds to reveal the pages, but it basically folds out to become four times as big, so that you reveal large album pages.  It's really nifty!  At the top there is a ruler with Russian grammar rules on it - definitely going to be referring to that LOTS and LOTS - and left of that is a little copybook for me to write down my Russian homework!

RusskiMom, I love everything so much!  It's felt like my birthday all day today.  I had the package with me today all day at school, and my classmates were admiring everything (the magazine especially was a big hit) and kept telling me how they couldn't believe someone would put so much time and effort into making gifts for a stranger.  I told them we're not strangers, we're friends!  Cheesy  (And then I told them all to sign up at Craftster, hehe)  This really made my day, and I hope my package doesn't take too long to get to you.  Thank you so much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suinoko
Strangely Multi-...talented?

GEEK

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2008 05:43:41 AM »

Yay I'm glad you liked all the stuff I sent you, Kitten Wrangler. And glad it gets cold enough in Australia for you to wear the scarf. Tongue And seriously, Hachiko makes me cry every time I read about him. I'm so soft. I actually picked up that book to read when I went to bed one night (Japanese language practice bedtime reading, anyone?) hoping it might be something happy for me to fall asleep to, but it just made me cry. and cry. and cry. and cry. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live only for the present moment, there is no other moment.

Here, take a look at my new Wist!
porfavoray
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2008 12:31:48 PM »

I received my package from Lizzie Maguire!

And it is wonderful.

Here is all of it:

There are postcards, purse-shaped cards, a little rubber stamp made from an eraser, orange chocolate cookies, minty chocolate, fruit candy things. Which happen to be very addictive!  Um, burgundy yarn, a glass she painted, a journal and picture frame that she decoupaged, two adorable cow-shaped candles, hand-made soap(smells so yummy!), puffy stickers, beads, earrings, and a German magazine with the coolest little logic puzzles. They are so hard, but so fun. I really want to get good at them!

The lovely little journal and picture frame she decoupaged:

Postcards from Jena, Germany, where she currently resides:

A glass. She painted Tilly and the Wall all the way around! They are my very favorite band!:

This German book with these really cool puzzles. I still haven't got them down completely, but I spent a long time on them yesterday, and am getting it!  They are my new sudokus.

Altogether, there was a lot in my package!  Thank you so so much, Elisabeth!

Amber.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog
Etsy
wists

I would like to do personal swaps!
Mave

do-dee-do-do-dee-do-dodododo

« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2008 02:38:59 PM »

Great packages everyone!  Those puzzles look so fun...

Can you believe i received Package #2  from Retromiad already?!!

And it's the most amazing package!  Retromiad has not been knitting for all that long, but since the day we signed up she has been knitting for me!!  I'm so excited.

She sent me a matching scarf and hat in really lovely purple and green with touches of other favourite colours.  I'm so pleased with the hat - i tend to buy hats too big, and this is just right!  It's the first hand-made hat i ever had!  The scarf has my intials on, and you should have heard me squeal when i discovered that! and there are some mittens which are a lovely bluey greeny colour.  I suspect that Retromiad knew that mittens are one of my favourite things! 

She also sent a little trinket box, and a bear!  One day, I will get her to tell  me how she makes her cool plastic canvas things.

It's all so cool, and I know how much work went into everything, which makes it all extra-special!  Love ya, partner!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my (very short!) wist http://www.wists.com/MaveH
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

« Reply #449 on: March 14, 2008 02:43:24 PM »

Excellent action shot!!  It looks great on you, so glad you liked it  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Self-Tanning at Home With the "Shower Tan"
How to Apply New Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer
Adam Levine Proactiv+
Sweat-Proof Your Makeup Routine
How to Use and Clean Your Clarisonic Brush the Right Way
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...