A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 123215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kristianne88

Skulls & Leopard Print... How Could U Go Wrong?

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 12, 2008 04:47:21 PM »

Everyon'e stuff is so awesome! I can't wait to receive mine! It hopefully should be turning up this afternoon or tomorrow ( but then I have to go to the post office and get it etc etc). So excited  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 12, 2008 07:06:35 PM »

i've had mine for a while but still need to unwrap it. i was going to crochet it out but its a little heavy and i don't wanna ruin the yarn so i think i'll do it tomorrow sometime since i'm going to be going over to my new friends house and crocheting!! hehe as soon as i do i'll be sure to post pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babiestarlite13
« Reply #432 on: March 12, 2008 07:31:28 PM »

so i recieved about a week ago and have been a terrible craftster friend, but i now have pictures of the amazing package honeystarr sent me!!! here we go!

This is a picture of my stationary.  The star and fairy papers are handmade! they are so beautiful!  and then some really pretty store bought paper too!

the show and tell items.  from left to right: wind up sushi, play dough, a cup for the girls nights, a watercolor starter set, one of her personal bracelets that i LOVE! Stars! yay! and then a frankenstein candy holder cuz she was married on Halloween!

"small items" left to right again.  A beautiful star bowl  Grin, FIVE pairs of earrings (4 handmade) a star ring (bottom) two beautiful handmade bookmarks, a fairy magnet and two bottle cap magnets, and a star sponge.

handmade postcards, 3 small containers, pictures, some stickers, a bath fizzle, mini pens (stationary) and an old prescription bottle with a little piece of Boaz, where she is from.  it has dirt and general outside stuff for my own piece of Boaz!

the swapper, a local paper that she reads for the personals and opinions, a few pages from the phonebook for events and something i thought was really cool, a map of Boaz with her house highlighted!

just thought you guys would like some close ups of the beautiful stationary.  these are tea stained and the edges of some of the artwork is burned. i am so in love with them.

[size=12pt]Thanks honeystarr your amazing! [/size]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #433 on: March 12, 2008 08:38:32 PM »

Yeah, Molliemoo! I'm glad you liked the package, I totally put in a lot of reading material!

<----Dork! And did I not snip off the yarn end for the coffee cozy? Lo siento!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
cinnamon teal
« Reply #434 on: March 12, 2008 09:03:52 PM »

I received today from sinisterbutterfli!

Here's the postcards she sent.  The first one shows her city on the map and the other is of the crazy scary tornados that they get there.  As a California girl myself I gotta say that I whole heartedly agree with her that earthquakes are way less scary than giant swirling death that falls out of the sky!

Stationary: She sent some cute usps love stationary, her favorite writing pens, lovely cloud paper and these awesomely adorable monkey stickers.  (I love the monkeys!)

Favs: Her favorite candy, haribo gummy bears, her favorite gum, 2 of her favorite non-alcoholic drink recipes (they sound really yummy!), favorite all purpose yarn, and stickers from her favorite disney movie.

Small items: 2 headbands (you can never have enough!), pin cushion and key chain (love the polka dots!), cute crocheted hat in cinnamon and teal colors Grin, lovely bamboo knitting needles, and the orange guy is a squeaky toy for the new puppy.

Puppy action shot: you can't tell from this photo but he absolutely loves the toy and he's been running all over the living room like a crazy wild animal, thrashing the toy all about. Cheesy  (In case anyone's wondering, the puppy's name is Caleb, he's a golden retriever, 9 weeks old and we've had him since saturday.  Smiley )

* Not pictured items: She also sent me a letter and a fun cd of photos of her and her friends.

Thanks so much, sinisterbutterfli!  I love it all.   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008 09:09:10 PM by cinnamon teal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #435 on: March 12, 2008 09:14:33 PM »

awww caleb!  he looks like he's thoroughly enjoying his toy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #436 on: March 13, 2008 06:01:00 AM »

My turn now to post some crafty friend GOODNESS!!! Check this out!

Here we have some paper stuffs. There is a lovely shiny book about Bath, and the Roman ruins there. Evidence of psychic ability #1 I quite like Roman ruins. Ruins of any sort, really. So when I get a chance, this book is going to be a good read. There's three postcards there as well - of Dorset, of Piccadilly Circus and of Corfe Castle. And.... what's there in the lower right hand corner?

1.38 pounds. (I'm not going to look for the currency symbol!) Of all the coins I have Evidence of psychic ability #2 - I have a 'collection' of coins I've yet to get any British ones. So this is awesome. Extra hilarious awesome is found in the fact that their portrait of the Queen is exactly the same as OUR portrait of the Queen. And as they're millennium coins, it's the Fat Queen image!

Evidence of psychic ability #3 Maps! Train map! My boyf and I amuse ourselves at time by picking two adjacent stations here in Melbourne, and seeing if they could be used as a name for a child. A Tube map is going to provide us with so many more options.

Stationery! There's some beautiful Japanese stuff in here, as well as robot (ROBOT. Human. ROBOT. Human) cards. They're so cute! Tiny little puffy stickers, folded gift cards and some shiny pens. Yay! Shiny!

Food type items. There were two packets of Starburst there, but I scoffed the first packet pretty damn quickly. Evidence of Psychic Ability #4 I LOVE starburst... the babies are my especial weakness. The suspicious looking parcel at the top is a hot white chocolate mix, and if it mixes up as rich and as creamy as Italian hot chocolate I will be a VERY happy girl. Underneath it all are oven-shrunk packages - Suinoko wanted to attach magnets to them but apparently they are the one surface to which no glue will stick. I have no idea what to do with them, but I'm strangely excited about their presence.

Finally, there's a last burst of goodness.  My white balance is off, but there's a crocheted scarf in lovely cream/tan, grey/blue and a rich purple. To answer the query in your letter, Suinoko, yes it CAN get cold here in Melbourne. Not European cold, but cold by my standards - from about 4C in the mornings to 16C or so in the depths of winter. At this precise moment however, there's a late-season heatwave going on. Adelaide's just had 11 days of 30-40c+ temperatures in a row and Melbourne's about to cop that weather band. It's 29.8C at midnight, and tomorrow should hit 40+. Oooh, there's also a little heart-shaped box (Oh, Kurt.....) covered in Starburst wrappers, a keyring from Kings College and a friendship bracelet with little strawberries on each end. I'll have to make Suinoko a friendship bracelet too.... I used to make them ALL the time. There's a little Mario Bros 1+ mushroom made out of pipecleaner (he's soooooo cute!). And there's a story book in Japanese about a very famous dog called Hachiko. It's such a sweet story... and little does Suinoko know, but not that far from where I grew up (not that far in Australian terms) we also have a monument to a dog... the Dog on the Tuckerbox . But I think I like Hachiko's story better.

Thanks SO MUCH! I love all my stuff so hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
crafty_rach
« Reply #437 on: March 13, 2008 06:14:38 AM »

My boyf and I amuse ourselves at time by picking two adjacent stations here in Melbourne, and seeing if they could be used as a name for a child. A Tube map is going to provide us with so many more options.

I'm sorry to interrupt but this caught my eye in recent posts and I just had to butt in and play!!
Kensington Newmarket (mmm, classy)
Royal Park Jewell (fancy!!)
Preston Bell (not bad)
Footscray Middle Footscray West Footscray (no, that's just silly...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #438 on: March 13, 2008 06:20:30 AM »

Laverton Aircraft is my favourite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: March 13, 2008 06:41:15 AM »

I love those sall and zero cards too!!  I wish I knew how to paint.  Cool International package Kitten wrangler.  Awesome swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
What It Means to Be a Strategist
Why a Psychologist Chooses Design Career
Design An Arts Education
Design An Arts Education - HGTV Star Danielle Colding on the Arts
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...