A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 121821 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marlie2
« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2008 04:56:38 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything! I didn't know you were addicted to puzzle books too! And that's too funny that your husband tried to eat the soap, I'll include some real jelly candies for him next time.  Cheesy I'm bouts to pm you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #401 on: March 10, 2008 11:15:37 AM »

okay, both Holliewood and I have received our goodies, so im gonna post all pictures

first, what I sent to her:

my favs: yarn, movie,mag, candy, lipgloss and nail polish

postcards from good ole Tennessee:

"smalls"- we have 2 cup cozys, a scrabble tile necklace, stitch markers from her wist, and not pictured: the scarf and store bought Mark(from Avon) mini-eye shadows

also not pictured, the stationary i made. some has whale stamps on it, some are just colorful scrapbook paper with mix/match envelopes i made also. oh well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2008 11:29:16 AM »

okay, b/c i cant make my pics any smaller ( if only i knew how to do the thumbnail things everyone else does) i am gonna make what Holliewood sent to me, a seperate post. so here ya go:

all packaged up so cute like: ( we packaged ours the same, are we meant to be...friend or what?!)

postcards from good ole Oklahoma:

stationary things: cute pens/pencils and the mack daddy of stationary holder things!!!!! more pics of this beaut below:

the wonderful awesome stationary holder thing opened up: begin drooling:

some closeups of all the paper items:

her fav things:

and of course the "smalls"- some marble magnets, a journal, a post it notebook, a oklahoma magnet, and a cuff from my wist in my fav color combo(that obviously fits perfectly), AND the felt wallet from my wist!!!! isn't it all sooooo wonderful??!!

thank you soooo much for an amazing first package!!! im soooo glad there are 2 more to come!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

squirrelgirl

I'm a hot pink llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2008 02:44:29 PM »

That wallet and stationary holder are amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart comics! Visit my store website!
http://www.guapocomicsandbooks.com/

EL WISTO:
http://www.wists.com/alliemaries
SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2008 04:37:56 PM »

I got my package finally!!!! from perlabella... I was eagerly awaiting it....

Here it is just taken directly from the box

then out of the bubblewrap and the stuff out of the envelopes...

these were two postcards from New Jersey and New York... they are pretty!!! and the pictures were beautiful too.....

This is the stationary she sent me.... beautiful.... a journal thing, tiny notecards with the letter A, a magnetic memo pad, and "A" Post-it notes...

Then here is the show and tell.... a candle that smells good it's coconut Lime Verbena....... a Ferrero Rocher chocolate... can't eat it but my sister can..... some lotion with cocoa butter.... Orbit Gum Spearmint.... and a cute crochet pineapple!!!

Then my smalls.... a Sudoku book and a Kakuro book!!!!!!!!! they are awesome!!! I love them both... I actually sent her a Sudoku book too... haha... a chocolate covered strawberry memo pad.. to bypass my chocolate allergy.... a knitted pepperoni PIZZA... so cute... a cute knitted star.... I think it's a coin purse, cute.... Smiley

And each set of stuff was wrapped in cool fabric.... one had purple, one had stars, and the other one had moons and stars... I love stars!!!!!

Thank You Perlabella!!!!

@~}~
Athena
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

« Reply #405 on: March 10, 2008 09:01:06 PM »

yay you got some great stuff MYN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

« Reply #406 on: March 10, 2008 09:38:28 PM »

Okay...I finally got my butt in gear and took pictures of the beautiful package that MissDisney sent me.  She is the most awesome person to swap with!!!! 

First--I did get my letter, but didn't take a picture.

Second, here are my postcards--from my most favorite place in the whole wide world--Walt Disney World.  One postcard is for Italy in the World Showcase, the other is of Soarin' (or in DL, Soarin' Over CA).  I had to get the new dog, Wrigley in the picture:

Third, we have the beautiful scrapbook that she made.  I swear, this girl is amazing!!!  It has all kinds of pictures of her, places she's been, her family--it's awesome!:

Fourth--my stationary!!!  She made me a beautiful polymer clay pen, notecards, Mickey notecards, and beautiful envelopes for the notecards.  I wish I could have taken better pictures, but I really wanted to get this posted and the camera was about to die!:

Fifth--getting to know her!  Well, we also have the scrapbook (it tells me all about my MissDisney!), a plaque with an Irish blessing, a Mickey patch, a Maroon 5 CD (I'll be taking that to work to listen to!!!), and a scrapbooking magazine!!!:

And last, but not least, the six small things--MissDisney never does anything small!!!  We have a Hawaiian-themed bookmark, a beautiful crocheted hat (I'm so thrilled with this because every time I try to make one like this, I screw it up), a pretty jewelry box, a Mickey bracelet, and four stitch markers that represent all of the wonderful snacks that we get at WDW and DL--a frozen chocolate Mickey ice cream, a dole whip, a Mickey Krispie Treat, and a drink! 

Okay...this one is way more blurry than I thought it was--I'll have to take a better picture when the camera gets charged again! 

Thank you, MissDisney, for everything--it is truely an honor to know you and to get to swap with you!!! 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008 09:40:09 PM by DisneyFan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #407 on: March 10, 2008 09:58:48 PM »

i am so glad that you loved everything!

i just dont see the sleeping beauty castle box...thats the thing i wanted you to like the most lol...

the scrapbook was definitely a piece of me, i am glad i got to share that piece with you...ooh and you are right, i cant ever seem to do things small very well..haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 11, 2008 12:03:07 AM »

Here is everything from CrochetAdikt:

We decided to do magic yarn balls so not all of my stuff has been exposed so far.  What I did get though is:  cool stationary, some of it is from her home town!, postcards from Michigan and from the Gerald Ford museum, sudoku, earrings, magnets, a cool eraser puzzle, a lovely box, coffee, hazelnut drink mix (in the nestlee container), a cd of pics, what i think are craisens, her favorite coffee mug w/the favorite tea, her favorite book, and a candle of both of our favorite sent lilac.  I feel so spoiled and i REALLY hope she likes her stuff as she unwinds her yarn ball.  I've already started unwinding mine Grin  And some closeups:

Beautiful local stationary.

Earrings.  Rachael said they remind her of perfume bottles, and she's right. I love them.  Sorry for the blur

The awesome coffee cup:

And missing from the big picture is her favorite coffee mate.  Raspberry chocolate.  I had it this am and it's sooo good!

ok just to clarify a little bit...b/c i'm bad and didn't write a letter explaining what everything was  Undecided so the stationery that coryjo said was from my hometown is actually from a place called beulah, michigan. its where my b/f's parents live and its stationery thats made from an old school printing press by gwen frostic. (she's dead now, but someone else took over the company) you might have heard of her, her stationery is renowned all over the world and it was also featured in the martha stewart magazine and the only store is the little tiny one in beulah.
the craisins are actually dried cherries straight from traverse city mich. the cherry capital. delish!
and lets see if i can find a better pic of the earrings...i know i got one around here somewhere...

there we go. hopefully soon i can unwrap my yarn ball. i'm trying to finish some other crochet first and then thats my next project. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babyfatchance
Brattiness Extraordinaire

Sugar never tasted so good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: March 11, 2008 06:36:07 AM »

Grin  I'm so glad you liked everything!  I was starting to get a bit nervous after seeing all the awesome stuff in this swap!  Plus, I didn't think I could hold a candle to the amazing stuff you sent me!  Sorry for the tissue paper mess, it was all wrapped up nicely at one point, but the Post Office geniuses made me switch the box like 3 TIMES!!!  Tissue paper is not meant to undergo that kind of abuse, and come to think of it, neither am I!  I'm so happy everything got there safe and sound and was so very well received!  The ipod cozy was my favorite, too!  I made the same exact one in the reverse colors- it's from a Eunny Jang pattern I got online.  I now realize that EVERYTHING should have a lovely hand-knit cozy!  Hooray!  This swap is just too much fun!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is having a scratch for every itch.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Delete Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Custom White Balance Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Copy Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Macro/Close-up Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Beach/Snow Function
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...