A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 122893 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yesa
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2008 01:52:30 AM »

Ooh that gong is beautiful! Don't they usually weight tons? What is it made of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2008 02:13:24 AM »

Ooh that gong is beautiful! Don't they usually weight tons? What is it made of?

Isn't it fantastic?  An amazing show and tell! It's hard to see in my photo but it's very ornately detailed and brass, it is heavy but it's also a good size for my dolls too they may have to do a gong show style photo session lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2008 07:06:10 AM »

Great stuff! Grin  This swap is the awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
babyfatchance
Brattiness Extraordinaire

Sugar never tasted so good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2008 07:47:14 AM »

Cheesy Seeing everybody's swap stuff is so cool!  This swap is definitely awesome, and I'm glad I signed up.  I just wish I had put more stuff in my first package after seeing all the glorious booty people have been sending!  That's why there's 2 more packages, right?  LOL!!!  This swap ROCKS!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is having a scratch for every itch.
FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2008 08:31:47 AM »

UPDATE was made to my package post on page 22.

I used my fun fabric to make a pair of pj's and my yummy yarn to make slippers.

This swap has been incredibly awesome. So many great packages!!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008 08:34:19 AM by funthreads » THIS ROCKS   Logged

keeperrox
« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2008 10:48:28 AM »

Okay, so I've been a not-so-great swap partner to SnapsAndDragons.  I received my package on the 20th and I'm just posting pictures now. Undecided  I am SO sorry, Sarah, for being such a procrastinator.  However, I took a rediculous amount of pictures of the awesomeness that I received.  I narrowed that down to 40, and then from there, down to 18.  I appologize in advance to those with dial-up, but I couldn't narrow it down anymore. Roll Eyes  Plus, she really sent me a TON of stuff!  Without further ado...

All the loot together

Stationary

Some beautiful floral cards and envelopes; cool mini-notepad in an awesome paisley pattern; gel pens; and the letters about her, her favorite things, and the small items she sent.

Card with an origami... thingy...  I don't think I want to use it.  I might display it in my classroom instead.

Postcards

Although these are showing Nashville and Tennessee, my partner just moved to West (by God) Virginia! Wink

Pictures!

Sarah is into book binding, so she made me a Big Book of... Her!  I love how she put this together.  All in all, there were 20 pictures (her family, her friends, beer, bikes, peacocks - because she wants to own a pair, her pups, her community house, a sea dragon, her wedding day, etc.) and there is a caption for each one at the top.  They all fit nicely into the hollowed out book, and then there is a pocket on the opposite cover, which is where I found my letter.  See what I mean about the awesomeness???

SnapsAndDragon's Favorite Things

Fabric

The blue one on the left is a Cyanotype Fabric Print (of a dog maybe?), which combine 2 of her favorite things - photography and fabric.  The one on the right is in her favorite colors.  So, I took half of it, made her a headband, and promptly sent it back in her package!

Edible

Earl grey tea, Jasmine tea, Rosemary, Spearmint tea, Gummy Bears, Peppermints!  No, she did not send me an empty gummy bear wrapper, but they sure didn't last long once they got here.

Metal Bike

This has already been claimed by my husband, as he's the (road)biker in the family.  This is another 2 favorites combined - bikes and metal!

Embroidered Pillowcase and Hanky

Even though we are VERY different, we definitely share an affinity for vintage and handmade items.

Small Things

Purchased

Two coffee cups (one broke in transit... I guess that means I won't have to share my espresso), Espresso beans, Cinnamon Candle, Bath Confetti. Two things to get me wired, and two more to bring me back down. Wink

Pillows and Make-up Bag

Very cool pillows.  I'm not sure where I will use them yet, though.  Also, a make-up bag in an awesome, textured fabric.

Handbound Journal

I've never owned a handbound-anything before, so now I can say I do!  I love the paper she used, with flower petals in it.

Sock Monkey!

Another sock monkey to add to my collection!  My one pup, Brady, is convinced that this was meant for him.  I've had to rescue it multiple times already!

Apron

And because I love to cook... what better than an apron?!?!

Thank you so much for everything, Sarah!  I can't wait for package #2!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tygir

I am a leaf on the wind

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2008 10:52:32 AM »

Yay! I got my package from uknowuluvit Smiley

Here its being guarded by one of my cats. The post office put a hole in the envelope so I'm hoping nothing escaped...

I can't wait for part 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2008 10:57:01 AM »

wow, awesome packages!

Another sock monkey to add to my collection!  My one pup, Brady, is convinced that this was meant for him.  I've had to rescue it multiple times already!

my dog appropriates my stuffies, too... one of the first sock monkeys i made she took for herself and has been dragging it around for almost two years Cheesy  i'm kind of impressed by my craftsmanship, though - it's still in (mostly) one piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
marlie2
« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2008 11:01:50 AM »

Jessvict where did you find Erie postcards?! I couldn't find them anywhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keeperrox
« Reply #339 on: March 07, 2008 11:02:26 AM »

wow, awesome packages!

my dog appropriates my stuffies, too... one of the first sock monkeys i made she took for herself and has been dragging it around for almost two years Cheesy  i'm kind of impressed by my craftsmanship, though - it's still in (mostly) one piece!

Unfortunately, Brady isn't allowed to have stuffies.  He tears them open, eats the poly-fill (or as we call it, doggy cotton candy), and then although it passes through him, he can't... um... get it all the way out.   Chasing my dog around the back yard with paper towels to pull undigestable poly-fill out of his bum WAS NOT in the job description when we adopted him! Roll Eyes 

Okay, mea culpa.  That was gross.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best and Most Bizarre Burgers in America
Taste A Cronut? Just One Of The Hot NYC Food Trends
Burger of the Week: Football Fans Devour Opponents
Anita Lo: Serving Innovation
Recipes From Across America
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...