A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 124745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2008 03:43:15 PM »

*takes a look at the wealth of stuff already posted here*

*runs to a corner of the basement, and huddles in a ball, rocking and telling herself "It's okay, it's okay, the parcel you sent is fine, it's fine, don't worry*

I love the cuffs and the badges! Yay for badges!

Wasn't the line about 'you can't hug with nuclear arms' on Futurama once? Or has it been around longer than that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2008 03:46:39 PM »

I received from Ma Rut Today! Here  are all the goodies I got:

First the packaging. I thought it was way cool how she neatly gift wrapped everything with news paper and twice lol and i liked the message on the inside flap which says "Please consider reusing this box for your next package. So far it has been reused this many times: 11" I am so going to reuse it!

Brochures for Rome, Georgia and the funniest, yet nerdiest comic strip ever on a magnet! If you cant read what it says, it says "why? why is it so hard to find someone who is straightforward and easy to read?" "because very few people come in helvetica"

Nerds candy (i am so going to be hyper, munching on that all day lol), martha stewart's baker twine, and a gardenia candle

way cute magnet frames in my favorite color schemes! The letter "D" ( i thought that was random but its hanging on a ribbon so im going to put it on my wall above my desk to designate my area Grin ), and a keychain of Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends! Yay!

WONDERFUL chandelier cards, sooo designer-y and graphic-y, I don't think I want to use them lol I'll probably display them somewhere, they're so pretty! Oh and of course, sugar n cream twist yarn in pink and white, and some cute epoxy stickers.

and finally the letter, photos, and....KNITTING FOR DUMMIES! Pocket Edition! Grin I will definitely be using that, and i dont mind being called a knitting dummie, hehe!

Thanks again, Ma Rut! <3 Hope you like yours! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
calluna
« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2008 03:56:18 PM »

Everyone will agree that your package is awesome, Kitten Wrangler.  Smiley

And speaking of awesomeness, I just got Fabric's package!!! But you're just going to have to wait to see how freakin amazing it is, because I still have so much left to go through, and then photos to upload (trying to get it all into as few pics as possible and deciding which ones will take me a while too!)! I was (am) so impressed, and so grateful, it is wonderful! A couple quick highlights, though, since I'm already here and can't resist - she sent plant cuttings from her indoor garden!! And a color map of the world she regularly sees in her dreams, with annotations, which completely blows me away!
Thank you thank you thank you!!   Kiss Grin

I'll have a better post later with pics, but right now I'm juggling the awesomeness of my swap partner/friend and the fabulous package she sent, with cleaning up my dog's diarrhea from the carpet... Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2008 04:49:58 PM »

I got my box from GougeAway today! It was the best day-- first I found new pants and a top at Goodwill, then my husband and I went to the Chinese buffet for lunch, and when we got home, there was a box waiting for me! It was the cap on the awesomeness that was this day. Cheesy

As she mentioned in her post, we share a love of papery goodness. And MAN was there a load of goodness in this box:

TONS of paper and envelopes, a gorgeous notebook/journal (and my journal is almost full-- how did she know I'd need another?), a shadow box for my decorating pleasure, and one of my favorite things-- a Russian themed notebook (I took Russian in school, and since this has the alphabet on the back, I can finally remember how to speak it! Sorta)!

Man I love that thing. I'm going to use it to store my crafty notes, so I'll look like a spy when I go to the fabric store (I need a fedora, I think).

One of her favorite things was a magazine about nurturing kids. It's taken the place of my Rolling Stone I was keeping to read before bed. I did take a picture, but I realized it's got her address on it (or her mom's), and I doubt she'd want that on the w.w.w. Smiley

GougeAway sent actual print photos, which are so darned pretty that I'm going to frame them. I love landscape/nature photos! Also in the photo are the assortment of Portland maps/guides, which fill me evermore with the burning desire to travel westward. The stripey thing on the right-hand side is her "letter," which unfolded and was full of awesome tags, stickers, photos, and of course her letter. And DANG IT there's something wrong with that photo.... ah well...

Grr, blurrr!

Chai! Spicy chai! I just drank all mine, so this was super great! (Reese's PB Cups are my favorite, and if I hadn't just eaten WAY too much Chinese, they wouldn't have made the photo.)

I show my approval by drinking a cup of Chai that's roughly the size of my face:

An awesome soldered pendant which is, sadly, photographed sideways:

I'm pretty sure this is my FAVORITE thing. It's a pendant she made with my Etsy name on it. I pulled it out of the box and said, "Oooh, ooh, look! That's my Etsy shop name!" to my husband. Then I pawed through the box more and later picked the pendant back up and flipped it over. I squealed and yelled, "AND IT'S GOT MY OTHER NAME ON THE OTHER SIDE!!" I was honestly that giddy. The pictures are perfect, too, for my alter-egos. Cheesy

Not pictured, 'cos I'm a dork:

-A wee metal box full of tea and chocolate
-A handcarved stamp of one of my favorite images from Craphound, which handily is published in Portland

GougeAway, you are so friggin' awesome. You just made my week. I think if we lived in the same city we'd be annoying our significant others by constantly hanging out at the fabric shop and coffee joints, drinking chai and giggling. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
FunThreads
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2008 04:52:58 PM »

The wrist cuffs are great and the stuffed shigella is too cute to cause a stomach ache Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Huff
You paid what??

I could make it for half that price!

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2008 04:55:57 PM »

I got my package from Bugaboo1!!  It arrived very first thing this morning (Tues) and let me tell you I'm feeling spoiled!  On with the pics...

The whole lot still wrapped

Post cards from New York and the area where Bugaboo1 lives

Awesome photos of Buggy's house and other stuff in her area, I love the ferris wheel!

Tonnes of stationery!  We decided that we both use cards more that anything else, and I scored a heap of beautiful hand made cards with fabric and stitching and all kinds of fun!  Plus stickers and a cool stamp!

Show and tell!  Vanilla nut cream coffee, promptly stolen by the husband! 4 different flavours of kool-aid, I can't wait to have a go at dying with these, dark chocolate and M&Ms yummmy.  Lemon-heads, I ripped right into these they are fantastic!  And most especially Spiedie Sauce!  You use it to marinade your meat BBQ it and then serve it on italian bread, mmmmmmmm, can't wait to give this a go!  

Then I really got spoiled!  There's an orange hat, red metallic thread crochet earrings, a donut pincushion and a little ring pincushion (tooo cute and very handy!), a needle book which I desperately needed, some peaches and cream yarn (really hard to get here!), and a gorgeous book cover (I put my current read straight in) it even has it's own bookmark! Here's the lot

Tiny pincushion

Book Cover in action

Action shot of hat and earrings (with no make-up and looking like a 12 year old! I swear i'm in my mid 20's!)

Thankyou so much for all this wonderful loot Bugaboo1!  I'm having a wonderful time with this swap and have made a fantastic friend as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scrapnqueen
« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2008 05:37:41 PM »

everything is great! this is a wonderful swwap so far. Twistedwhispers and I talk about once a week, I am having so much fun getting to know her. I am a but nervous about my package, i think she will like evrything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2008 06:25:43 PM »

Good lord, everything is so cool, I'm going to go CRAZY waiting for my package to reach Brazil and for mine to leave it Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2008 06:40:50 PM »

Everyone will agree that your package is awesome, Kitten Wrangler.  Smiley

And speaking of awesomeness, I just got Fabric's package!!! But you're just going to have to wait to see how freakin amazing it is, because I still have so much left to go through, and then photos to upload (trying to get it all into as few pics as possible and deciding which ones will take me a while too!)! I was (am) so impressed, and so grateful, it is wonderful! A couple quick highlights, though, since I'm already here and can't resist - she sent plant cuttings from her indoor garden!! And a color map of the world she regularly sees in her dreams, with annotations, which completely blows me away!
Thank you thank you thank you!!   Kiss Grin

I'll have a better post later with pics, but right now I'm juggling the awesomeness of my swap partner/friend and the fabulous package she sent, with cleaning up my dog's diarrhea from the carpet... Lips sealed

Awww yes!
I'm so glad you like it/are impressed/are happy about the whole thing!
It's insane how nervous I was getting haha
How nerve wracking is it to send a package that really truly represents who you are, and then sit around hoping the recipient enjoys it?
Sigh.
I'm glad to hear the little clippings have found a good new home Cheesy

(And good luck with the mess, Calluna! Yikes!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2008 06:43:01 PM »

GougeAway, you are so friggin' awesome. You just made my week. I think if we lived in the same city we'd be annoying our significant others by constantly hanging out at the fabric shop and coffee joints, drinking chai and giggling. Cheesy

I'm so happy you received!!!  I had a lot of fun putting it together - and you're right about the fact that we'd totally bug the guys if we lived close!!  Tell the kids I love the socks!  Wow - I heart you and this swap like nothing else!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coolhaus Ice Cream’s Dirty Mint Chip Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make French Rose-Raspberry Macarons
Easy One-Pot Lemon Curd Recipe
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Croissant Recipe
"Nutella" Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...