A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 122790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2008 10:31:26 AM »

Wow  Shocked  these packages are great and I can't believe how closely she matched your dishes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2008 11:34:39 AM »

Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2008 11:39:46 AM »

I hope Funthreads doesn't mind - but here's a link to the tutorial I used when I made mine: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=89563.0

Yes, this is the owl tute I used. Thanks for posting the link. Super easy. Aren't Japanese craft books awesome!

The robot pincushion was from the book Pretty Little Pincushions. But it's just a rectangle and two circles to make it.

The mats are locker hooking. It's done with fabric strips, canvas and a needle that looks like a crochet hook on one end and a needle eye on the other. Super easy to learn how to do. Here is a youtube video I found showing how easy it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iQwz-JesM

WOW! I love, love, LUUUV those dishes. Even more fun than I pictured. What a perfect match!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008 11:48:56 AM by funthreads » THIS ROCKS   Logged

coryjo
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2008 11:49:13 AM »

I love the 'back away from the coffee' coaster!  I received my stuff yesterday.  In person.  Nah, nah  Cheesy

Here is everything from CrochetAdikt:

We decided to do magic yarn balls so not all of my stuff has been exposed so far.  What I did get though is:  cool stationary, some of it is from her home town!, postcards from Michigan and from the Gerald Ford museum, sudoku, earrings, magnets, a cool eraser puzzle, a lovely box, coffee, hazelnut drink mix (in the nestlee container), a cd of pics, what i think are craisens, her favorite coffee mug w/the favorite tea, her favorite book, and a candle of both of our favorite sent lilac.  I feel so spoiled and i REALLY hope she likes her stuff as she unwinds her yarn ball.  I've already started unwinding mine Grin  And some closeups:

Beautiful local stationary.

Earrings.  Rachael said they remind her of perfume bottles, and she's right. I love them.  Sorry for the blur

The awesome coffee cup:

And missing from the big picture is her favorite coffee mate.  Raspberry chocolate.  I had it this am and it's sooo good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2008 12:04:06 PM »

yummy i love the chocolate raspberry....have you ever tried the blueberry cheesecake coffee mate?OMG to die for...great package i can;t wait to see what was in you MYB  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2008 12:07:34 PM »

Yarn balls. What a fun idea!

The coffee mate sounds yummy. Haven't noticed that at the store before. I'll have to look for it today. 

Sudoku! What a smartie. I can only play it on the nintendo ds when it's set to alert me of my mistakes Roll Eyes

What a great package so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2008 01:20:00 PM »

funthreads - did you make the book of your scrapbook yourself? The design of it looks freakin great, with pockets/sleeves and sewn-together pages and such! I can't see the decoration and actual "scrapbooking" very well and I'm sure it's just as awesome...I don't want to imply that one part of it is good and another isn't!  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008 01:21:48 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2008 02:02:34 PM »

I received from Mave today! She only sent it yesterday, so this may in fact be the fastest the UK postal service has ever delivered!  Smiley

Lots of lovely stationary items, including really cute cards decorated with buttons (gotta love buttons!) And an UBER CUTE mix and match stationary set, which I very much look forward to using!
Lovely postcards, my favourite is the one with the "Doors of Beverely"
That little sheep you see is amazing, it's tail pulls out to be a tape measure, and when you press it's tummy, the tape rolls in.  I have literally had to fight my cat over this!  Cheesy  It's lovely. 
She sent me an eraser and pencils that were made from recycled items like cd cases, who knew they could do that??  Mave is REALLY into recycling, maybe TOO much into recycling as the notebook made from recycle Rhino Poo may attest too, lol!!  It actually makes rather lovely paper though, who knew?  Also she made me a lovely notepad with inspiration words on it like "think, create, plan and enjoy" 
She gave me a craft magazine which is practically a book, Called "Craft"  and a book called "Get crafty"  I can't wait to read these!
She made 2 neat coasters, and a little needle holder which she made with embroidery.  Also a little storage tin for bits and pieces.
And as a bonus, she sent me a DVD for my birthday (was in February) which I thought was really sweet, and I can't wait to watch it!
I hope I'm not forgetting anything!
Oh yes I am, 2 heart shaped candles!  and they smell lovely! And a candy bar!  I think that's it  Smiley  Oh, and some tea, lol, there were SOOOO many things in this package!!   Grin
I know the picture isn't the greatest, but my camera is losing charge and I can only take one picture at a time... very annoying!
I love everything Mave, thank you very much!  I really didn't do your package justice, but it was just great, plus my hubby is super jealous!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2008 03:06:12 PM »

funthreads - did you make the book of your scrapbook yourself? The design of it looks freakin great, with pockets/sleeves and sewn-together pages and such! I can't see the decoration and actual "scrapbooking" very well and I'm sure it's just as awesome...I don't want to imply that one part of it is good and another isn't!  Smiley

It's grocery bags! I cut them and then sewed around the edges using a decorative stitch and varigated thread so that the print of the bag is inside. I think the pages were 8x9 inches. Sewing on the grocery bag worked really well. Better than I expected. Then just stack, punch holes and tie binding with fabric strips. It didn't hold tape real well so I had to glue everything down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2008 03:42:02 PM »

It's grocery bags! I cut them and then sewed around the edges using a decorative stitch and varigated thread so that the print of the bag is inside. I think the pages were 8x9 inches. Sewing on the grocery bag worked really well. Better than I expected. Then just stack, punch holes and tie binding with fabric strips. It didn't hold tape real well so I had to glue everything down.

The scrapbook is one of my favs! I showed it to my mom today and she just couldn't believe it! I will keep it forever and ever!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008 03:43:03 PM by pjherbert » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Food Festivals Survival Guide
How to Make Homemade Apple Sauce
How to Roast Chestnuts
Chipotle Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe
Organic Farming in Scott Arkansas
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...