A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 122820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2008 05:14:55 PM »

I got yelley's package!  I was out of town for a few days, and when I came back, her package was here waiting for me.

Okay, FINALLY I found my camera and was able to get some pictures!  I rearranged my living room a few days ago, but was unable to completely clean and organize it because I had that trip to go on... camera was hard to find... yada yada. 

I have a partner that was a total over-achiever (heh heh...); she WAY outdid herself, and I love everything!  I'll explain them as they come, so without further ado...

Here are the pictures!

Below are the things that yelley sent as her show-and-tell items!  We have gummy bears, a DVD of the film Rudy (she went to college at Notre Dame!), her favorite chapstick and lotions, some Mensa publications (smarty pants), and some luggage tags (which, coincidentally, I was considering purchasing just LAST NIGHT!  How funny!)

This photo shows all of my "small" items.  There are two skeins of wool yarn that yelley dyed with Kool-Aid... I like to think of them as "Rainbow Sherbet" and "Under the Sea," if I had to name them.  Wink  Then she sent a bath set.  Ugh, her talent disgusts me!  Look at the awesome washcloth, face scrubbie, and body poof thing - I love green, she's so totally awesome, and I am going to use them tomorrow morning!  The bottom right shows a set of bowls and flatware she sent for my daughter, with cute undersea creatures on them.  Oh, so so cute!  Then there's the crocheted E. coli she made.  Ha!  I love the plush microbes, and HOW COOL that she made it herself!  Plus, yelley works in the bio industry, making sure that all of our roughage is free from this sort of virus, so I have to give her credit for the personal flair.  Wink  Last, but absolutely not least, are the stitch markers she made for me, which she says I can cut up and re-wire (I teach wire-working classes), but I will do no such thing!  They look so awesome and I am absolutely going to use them in my next project!

The next two pics show you a close-up of the adorable E. coli and the beautiful stitch markers!  Yay!

The next picture shows you the postcards (Wow, she sent 4!), recipe cards (as a bonus to her show-and-tell - a few of her favorite recipes), and a brief view of the amazingly creative stationery yelley sent me.

Here are a few close-ups of the stationery - I told you they were creative!  My absolute favorite is the rain cloud card with raindrop paper.  Yelley had told me awhile back in a PM that she was finished with the stationery and thought it was cute, but looked like a ten-year old made it.  Whatever, yelley.  Liar.  It's so awesome, and I KNOW everyone on here will agree with me.  The next close-up is the "leaf" set that she made.  So pretty, and the pictures don't do any of this stuff justice, of course.  And the last is the underwater stationery!  AWESOME!  She's such an art-eest!  I love the jellyfish.  Wink

yelley, everything was PERFECT!  I feel SO spoiled.  You did such an awesome job with everything, and I can't wait to get another package.  Heehee.  I love it all!  I opened everything in front of my brother, who said "wow..." to a lot of it, and my husband said "she made that?" about the raindrop/cloud stationery, and then "that's awesome!" after I confirmed that you created it.

I'd like to say that as always, pictures don't properly convey how awesome everything looks!  Also, my photography is terrible.  Sorry for all the cat hairs... I have two very furry cats.  Smiley

SO WONDERFUL, you're the best!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yay, exclamation points.   Grin
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008 08:57:06 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LauraCore
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2008 06:21:10 PM »

Yay! Tisteeni I am glad you liked it. I also hope you like my long rambling video I made (in place of the letter).  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yelley
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2008 09:28:11 PM »

yay! i am so glad that you liked everything... after the awesome package that i got from you i was feeling some serious swap anxiety! ^_^

eta: i'm glad that you had a means to take pictures... i was so excited to wrap it up and send it to you that i forgot to take pictures first!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008 09:45:14 PM by yelley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2008 01:02:56 AM »

yelley, I almost did that too!  I remembered at the last second and had to unpack everything for photos, lol.  For some reason I just never really think about taking pictures.  Not just for swaps either, in life.  I'm just not much for taking pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
assilem421
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2008 05:33:15 AM »

Oh I love everyone's package so far!  This has to be be coolest swap ever (it's my first!).  This is so much fun!  How exciting! Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mel
Smiley
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2008 06:13:19 AM »

not to waver to much...but i personally love the qoute the most...JUNO! i need to get the Moldy Peaches album ( i didnt know the name of the band till now) this weekend

Your best bet is ordering them off the internet as their albums as well as Kimya Dawson's are hard to find. Might be easier now due to the success of Juno, but I know when I started listening to them in 2003, I couldn't find their stuff anywhere. Kimya is in Moldy Peaches, but I highly recommend her solo albums. They're really low-fi but it makes them that much more lovable Smiley Also, Dufus is another great band to check out in the same sort of genre.

yelley, could you possibly post a tutorial for that awesome body poof? I would love to try to make one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yelley
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2008 06:33:40 AM »

yeah, if i remember i'll write one up while i'm at work today... not like i have any work to do! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2008 07:00:32 AM »

Awwww.... Everyones stuff is so cool!!!  I hope Red Paint likes what I'm sending.   I'm kinda nervous after seeing all this awesome stuff! I have to wait to send the stuff till next week, I have a few odds and ends to get.  (The Husband only gets paid once a month, and thats next week)  I am glad I was finished with making stuff before I saw my eye doc this week, I'm without glasses until next month!

Great job everyone! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2008 07:12:12 AM »

yeah, if i remember i'll write one up while i'm at work today... not like i have any work to do! ^_^

Yeaah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2008 07:15:22 AM »

Kimya is in Moldy Peaches, but I highly recommend her solo albums. They're really low-fi but it makes them that much more lovable

i agree with this one thousand percent.  i am fully in love with kimya's solo albums...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jackie Collins Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Jeffrey Ross Talks About I Only Roast the Ones I Love
John Carter Cash Reveals His Favorite Music
Courtney Sheinmel Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Monica Holloway on Cowboy and Wills
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...