A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 120976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #860 on: May 01, 2008 04:54:36 PM »

Wow that is a fantastic package! I can't think of anything else you might need, and the fabrics are cute. Love the polka dots. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #861 on: May 02, 2008 12:50:38 AM »

I've just received the last package from Mave.  Now that we've finished the swap, I think we both feel like we really accomplished something, lol. 

Here we have a set of 2 decorative spoons, and a, well I'm not sure what you call it, but it's a box with a handle.  It's covered (and also the recipe box) with these super cool decoupage of mini retro advertisements.  I don't know where you find those Mave, but let me know, because I LOVE them.  I want to plaster everything I own with those, lol!  Of course there's a recipe box, with handmade recipe cards, and at the far left there is an interesting box, it's cardboard, but it looks like a book, and on the front she's pasted a Mrs. Beeton's cover on it.  (as in the famous Beeton's cookbook)

Top left is a really cute little painting that Mave's hubby painted.  It has adorable little animals on it, my favorite is the little bunny.  Please be sure to send my thanks to him, Mave. 
On the right is a great embroidery, that is set on a hot pad.  (so you can set pots on it, I think) but I'll probably just hang it on the wall because I love embroidery, and this one is a really nice one. 
At the bottom is a tea towel, there are 3 cupcakes at the bottom. (I know you can only see 2, but I wanted you to be able to see some of the detail)

It's clear that Mave's recent acquisition of an embroidery book has really paid off, she is like the embroidery queen now!
Thanks for everything Mave, it's been a great swap, and a long one.  I don't think I could have struggled my way through with anyone else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maltiriel

I touch the fire and it freezes me

« Reply #862 on: May 02, 2008 07:40:47 AM »

Yay, I'm so glad you liked everything, xx_bumblebee_xx!  I made up the supply list for your kit by going through old threads on here, so it should be Craftster approved. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There IS a choice: Vote Libertarian!
Wer mit Ungeheuern kmpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Mave

do-dee-do-do-dee-do-dodododo

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #863 on: May 02, 2008 10:54:06 AM »

Yay!  Glad you liked it Retromiad!

We did accomplish something big!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my (very short!) wist http://www.wists.com/MaveH
auntiem
« Reply #864 on: May 02, 2008 12:29:30 PM »

This swap has been so much fun! I love looking at the gallery - so many great packages.
I received package 3 from myklia today and boy, was I spoiled!
First, pocky sticks - I keep seeing them in the gallery, but have never tried them so they might not last the day. A shot glass from Chicago (to add to my collection). A super fabulous tea towel in my kitchen's theme - mushrooms (this one got a happy gasp when I first saw it - it is perfect!).

Next, a crochet cloth with cheery colors:

More sciplus fun, another nut bush and a fun toy that makes you see sideways:

Oh, no we are only halfway done! A beautiful necklace in perfect colors, and two row counting bracelets. I know exactly what I'm going to change into when I get home to wear the necklace. I really like the magnetic clasps on the bracelets! I'm wearing the green one right now. The row counting bracelets were needed since I used the one HelenM gave me so much that I broke it last week (don't worry Helen, I managed to round up the beads so it can be fixed).

And coolest of all - a melted bead vase! My boss really really likes it so I may keep it in the office for the summer. We have a client that brings us dahlias from his garden and this would be perfect for them. After that I know exactly where I want to put it at home.

Also, some Jones soda candy in a cool tin and several brochures from her trip including a cupcake place that sounds really cool.
Thank-you so much! This have been great fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #865 on: May 02, 2008 12:43:30 PM »

that vase is awwwesome.  how'd you do that, myklia?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
myklia
« Reply #866 on: May 02, 2008 12:59:17 PM »

Yay!! So glad you love everything.  The most fun was making the necklace and the row counting bracelets.  Let me tell you, those cupcakes are to die for.  If only I could have shipped one of those too.

Making the vase was fun too.  I was inspired by all the people who make melted bead creations on Craftster.  I found somewhat conflicting tutorials, but this is what worked for me. 

*I lined a pizza pan with aluminum foil and spread out the beads with the red, blue, and purple plastic beads.

*I melted in them in the oven (one tutorial said something like for 200 to 300 degrees, but it takes too long.  Another tutorial recommended I think 500 degrees, but I changed it to 450 degrees and that worked (this is all Farenheight (sp?)).  I would do my first check after 10 minutes and mabye every 5 minutes after that.

*I took it out when it looked melted and there were holes the plastic didn't cover, so I put clear plastic beads on the holes and put it back in the oven to melt.

*After that I took the foil out with the plastic on top.  Put a new piece of foil on top of the pizza pan and put a tall glass upsidedown, take the foil off the plastic circle and then put on top of the bottom of the glass and back in the oven to melt around the glass.  Just don't do what I did and not put foil on the glass.  That bugger was hard to unstick from the glass after it melted, so wrap the glass in foil.

The result is what you see.  Some people complain a lot about the smell, even with all the windows open.  I had all my windows open and the smell didn't bug me much, but I don't have a good sense of smell.

I hope all of you don't mind me posting this here, because I wasn't planning on posting the vase in a different section at all.  Otherwise I would put all the information there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #867 on: May 02, 2008 04:11:15 PM »

That's awesome! Thanks for the tute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #868 on: May 02, 2008 05:21:41 PM »

yay!  thanks, myklia!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #869 on: May 02, 2008 06:52:15 PM »

I agree, myklia - that vase is great!  I like the colors you chose.  What a neat swap item.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peter Walsh Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Kieran Scott Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Ellen Crosby Talks About The Riesling Retribution
Joel Osteen Talks About Living in Favor, Abundance and Joy
Douglas Kennedy Talks About Leaving the World
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...