A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 123520 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #780 on: April 14, 2008 04:51:42 PM »

sweet! Another punchneedle kit!!! yay!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #781 on: April 14, 2008 05:21:44 PM »

Yay! I'm so happy that you liked the stuff! I know I didn't have a letter so I will explain what I was thinking with some of the stuff.

I made the scarf because I know that Squirrlegirl loves sushi and she had alot of food scarfs on her wist.

We both have the owl on our wists, we both know how to knit, and I would have loved to make her one but I didn't have the time so I thought a learn how to knit this specific toy would fit into the learn a new craft. Plus we can do a knit along together in the future.

The punch embroidery kit was the only cute kit they had and she mentioned that she wanted to learn how to do it.

The salty licorice is one of my favorite candies. It's called drop. I don't know very many people that like it. I tricked my nephew into trying it one time and he said "that candy can go to hell!"

And the bag was also from her wist. I forget the original artist (I think she's here on craftster) but I saw her bag on etsy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skarinja
« Reply #782 on: April 14, 2008 06:31:52 PM »

skarinja, are those Dresden Doll posters behind you??? Grin
Oh yes they are Ma Rut!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog pleats n' eats!!

http://pleatsneats.tumblr.com/
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: April 15, 2008 05:33:56 AM »

That was an awesome package!!  The sushi scarf was totally great and I thought I would wet myself laughing at that recycle bag! Grin

Excellent Job putting that all together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #784 on: April 16, 2008 12:32:41 PM »

Here is what Perlabella sent me a couple of weeks ago... I just didn't post pictures... but here they are

first is a knitted neckwarmer... don't mind the harry potter stuff in the background...haha

then there was the Coca-cola tin with coca-cola gummies and sour blue coca-cola gummies... the mother and boyfriend stole these...

finally there were Easter Bubble Gum Eggs... which my dad and nephew stole from me...

and I got a long letter.... I think that was all that was in there... I do wanna know where she got the Coca-cola flavored gummies because the one I found aren't the same here.. Smiley

Thank You Perlabella!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #785 on: April 16, 2008 12:38:51 PM »

Okay... I know Perlabella has problems with photobucket so I decided to go ahead and post what I sent her....

I sent her lots of stationary items so she could use them....

a how to crochet book with samples of each stitch in there... Texas Uno.... and I forgot what else...

Crochet Tip Cards...

A bottle full of paper stars because I sent late...

AND... her medium item.. a crocheted shawl.... I was using a pattern but it was turning out to big so I shortened it.... width wise..... Smiley

close up of the squares

That's all... Smiley

Hope you liked everything Tiff... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: April 16, 2008 01:34:04 PM »

Nice package!  I like the crochet kit it was really cute.  I'm gonna have to make some of those stars.  RedPaint sent me some and they are so cool.  My friends are always tryong to steal them.  LOL!

Good work! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #787 on: April 16, 2008 03:25:39 PM »

Yay! I received my second package from the fabulous Ma Rut today! And I absolutely love everything, I got quite spoiled!

First a picture of everything in the hello kitty easter basket

better picture of just the hello kitty easter basket which i SWEAR im going to carry around my crochet or knitting WIP in. And if i ever get around to joining a local group, i will take it there too. I can't think of anything better to carry my WIPs in! Grin

This was the first thing i opened. Everything was wrapped and i saw this awkward shaped thing and had to open it. She got the idea from my wist since i have a lot of lunch accessories on there, hehe

Second thing i opened, also because it was odd shaped and again another lunch accessory! I absolutely love it!

Ok can i just say, i think she read my mind because I just started getting the hang of knitting thanks to the help of the wonderful bugaboo1 and i was thinking of buying this book!

Since there is no such thing of a hobby lobby on the entire west coast, she got me this fabulous yarn! don't know what im going to do with it but i love the color and the softness!

FABULOUS fabric! I have to make a bag set for myself with it! It really is my style!

And the last things i opened were all the little wrapped things. I got shrinky dink earrings, beaded earrings, polymer clay "chocolates" bracelet like the one on my favorites, alphabet crochet stitch markers since ive been making tons of these for other people and i think i mentioned to her that i havent had time to make some for myself, and size 13 bamboo knitting needles which is perfect since i dont have very many needles right now since they're kind of expensive haha. Grin

Thanks again Ma Rut! <3  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
cinnamon teal
« Reply #788 on: April 16, 2008 04:28:16 PM »

I got my second package from sinisterbutterfli yesterday! 

I really love to cook, so the whole thing is kitchen themed.  I love it!  Here's what she sent:

Cute silicone spatulas, whisk, and basting brushes (I almost bought these for myself just the other day!)

An oven mitt (which I've totally been needing after a certain un-named family member burned a hole in the only one I had while BBQing Roll Eyes)

Pretty, crocheted hot pad (or dish cloth, maybe? It looks like it could work well as either.):

And my favorite!  She made me a beautiful apron.  It's really cute and very well made.

Thanks so much, sinisterbutterfli!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #789 on: April 16, 2008 06:46:02 PM »

DV - Stitch & Bitch is quite possibly the greatest beginner's knitting book ever. I'd been taught knitting long ago as a kid, but never knew how to cast on or cast off.... plus I'd often create new stitches out of nothing, or drop stitches. I had no idea of how to repair a mistake, so I used to frog the lot and start again.

The best thing I learnt from that book was how to repair mistakes. Knitting is so much more pleasureable when you're not having to start over and over again.

Before you know it, you'll be onto double pointed needles, cabling and all sorts of trickery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of VIBE: Chor Boogie & His Street Romantic Voodoo Modern Hieroglyphics
Artwork Stolen From Cuban Museum Worth $1.5 Million
Bristol Street Art Tours
Bristol Street Art Graffiti Workshop
How to Draw Better in 2 Minutes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...