A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 139138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #600 on: March 31, 2008 06:37:45 AM »

So how stinky is resin? I'm pretty sensitive to chemical-y stuff and my youngest is extremely sensitive to them (like, can't use spray on bug spray near her sensitive). Baking polymer clay is barely tollerable in this house. Is it try-able for me? Or am I just going to have to swap for cool resin goodies?

I use the Cast n' Craft brand I found at AC Moore, and I made my very first batch inside. I let them cure outside, and every time since then, they've been made outside. (And on non-humid, no rain days.) I think that might tell you how bad the fumes are. Wink  It's been a few years since I baked polyclay, but I remember that being stinky in a way that was somehow less chemical smelling. Or at least it never made me dizzy or consider wearing a mask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #601 on: March 31, 2008 06:49:53 AM »

bummer Sad Thanks for the honest replies though Smiley

...maybe I can get her into the pre-K next year.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2008 09:19:16 AM »

So how stinky is resin? I'm pretty sensitive to chemical-y stuff and my youngest is extremely sensitive to them (like, can't use spray on bug spray near her sensitive). Baking polymer clay is barely tollerable in this house. Is it try-able for me? Or am I just going to have to swap for cool resin goodies?

I think you could do it if you took enough precautions.  When I used resin for a sculpture class, the tech made me wear a respirator mask (the kind that look like gas masks that are made for vapors - like this one), gloves, glasses and work outside at the far end of the sculpture yard.  If you get a good respirator you can't even smell the fumes.  And of course, keep the little one away while you're using it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #603 on: March 31, 2008 09:23:17 AM »

another note: make sure whatever you set it on to cure is LEVEL...i just ruined a BUNCH of my stuff, some of it is irreplacable..BUT i learned a valuable lesson....btw, i was coating the top of something with a damn, my molds havent leaked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2008 12:31:57 PM »

PACKAGE #2 IS DUE TODAY!

Incase anyone forgot, today is send out day for package #2.

I'd also  like to call to everyone's attention that you do not have to send me your DCN and what not UNLESS you are in my group. Incase you forgot who your group organizer is, please find your name on the first post of this thread.

I'd also like to announce that in the next week or so I will be setting up a webpage for annonymous feedback on this swap. Basically, I will post the link of a webpage with questions for you to fill out and submit. You do not have to put your name or username, this will be annonymous. There will be questions like what you thought of the packages, what do you think should be added, what rules do you think should be added or taken off, etc. This is in preparation for Round 2. Signups for round 2 will begin promptly in May right after the last send out date.

One last thing, I'm also going to have a webpage with an application form to become a co-organizer in round 2. Some of the current co-organizers don't wish to do it again or don't have the time, etc. Or I might just need more people in reserve incase Round 2 of this swap gets even bigger, so watch out for that too!

Thanks everyone, you can now go back to your regularly scheduled crafting. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
DIY ho
ho ho ho

« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2008 12:59:54 PM »

This is in preparation for Round 2. Signups for round 2 will begin promptly in May right after the last send out date.

One last thing, I'm also going to have a webpage with an application form to become a co-organizer in round 2. Some of the current co-organizers don't wish to do it again or don't have the time, etc. Or I might just need more people in reserve incase Round 2 of this swap gets even bigger, so watch out for that too!

Thanks everyone, you can now go back to your regularly scheduled crafting. Grin

I am SO happy you're already thinking of a round 2. I've loved seeing these packages, but I've got a bit of jealousy that I missed the swap. Wink  I will go research becoming an organizer to see if I might be able to help out on round 2. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2008 01:02:54 PM »

I am SO happy you're already thinking of a round 2. I've loved seeing these packages, but I've got a bit of jealousy that I missed the swap. Wink  I will go research becoming an organizer to see if I might be able to help out on round 2. Smiley

I'm glad to see there's still interest in this swap other than those already in it. Grin I'll be posting here when i have an application up but just so you know co-organizing this swap is a lot more work than any other swap because of all the people, the strict rules, and the length of the swap. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2008 02:44:20 PM »

I'm glad to see there's still interest in this swap other than those already in it. Grin I'll be posting here when i have an application up but just so you know co-organizing this swap is a lot more work than any other swap because of all the people, the strict rules, and the length of the swap. Smiley

and you have to put up with designvigilante! hehe Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY ho
ho ho ho

« Reply #608 on: March 31, 2008 04:20:53 PM »

and you have to put up with designvigilante! hehe Wink

Cheesy 

Isn't that part of the fun? Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

emisaurus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #609 on: March 31, 2008 04:38:28 PM »

i recieved today!

kit to make some baby clothes
(my current pastime Tongue)

candy and whats that?
a blob of bubble wrap??

its a cat shaped box of course!

my name!
and since i didnt want to break or lose them...

ta daa! all hung on my walll.
and the diamond ones actually match a pair of shoes i wore today Tongue

thanks jadeye!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Styling Tips
How to Get Red Carpet Ready Hair
Unique Parting Tips
Onesta Beautiful Hair Foam Review
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...