A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 130001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #540 on: March 24, 2008 03:10:28 PM »

So this is the third time I've tried to post, and the last 2, something has happened (internet out, getting signed out of craftster) and I've lost the whole thing! Bah!

But anyway, I'm trying again Cheesy Here is my lovely first package, a bit later, from my lovely partner Miss Em! All clickable thumbnails!

First off, postcards and a few of the photos (the arty ones, rather than the people ones!) Cheesy Also hiding in this photo: really cute buttons with the numbers 1-4 on them. Must find the perfect project for them...

Next is the stationary items: double sided paper, multi-coloured cardstock cards, and cute notecards with robots drawn on them!

Then her 5 show-and-tell: her favourite magazine, Nylon (one of my faves, but I hadn't got this one yet!), a Betty Boop candy thing (she <3's Betty Boop), Lucky Charms (happily in my tummy), and bobby pins. Not pictured: a big teal mug (coffee for her... but I used it for tea, and it was in the wash Wink )

And her 6 (or more?) items for me: a record of a local band (maybe this didn't count, because she found out after she had bought it that I dont' have a working record player as of now...), some Asian skull & bows stickers, two types of duct tape since I do lots of work with it (teal and very bright silver), Batman fabric (yay!), a crafted kitty (love it's expression), mini gel pens, and a cute duck-like-animal cell phone charm with a tail that cleans your screen (hehe).

Thanks Miss Em! I really liked this package and can't wait to receive (& send!) the second Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #541 on: March 24, 2008 05:25:22 PM »

Calluna sent me the first half of my second package, for use on the airplane to London!
She sent 2 spindles, and a large braid of roving Smiley  I haven't been able to keep my hands off it- spinning has turned out to be so satisfying and surprisingly fast paced.
It's been a lot of fun to learn!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/2354021385_23d0dcaaf7.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2117/2354851472_cbd993649b_o.jpg
(Not the most consistant yarn yet, but I'm learning!)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2351/2354021019_3e878a6973_o.jpg
The roving Calluna sent looks like the mane of a unicorn!

This has been a wonderfully fun way to kill time in airports!
Thank you, again, Calluna!

Holy cow, that is gorgeous! Congratulations on your first spin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yelley
« Reply #542 on: March 24, 2008 07:07:19 PM »

i got package number two from jenicat, and it is ridiculously insane! seriously... she sent so much stuff... you are all going to be so envious and i am having some serious swap anxiety about the package i sent out today....

on to the pictures!

first, check out how huge this box it. that's my 12 inch ibook on top of it for scale... it barely fit in the package mailbox!

here's all the little wrapped packages inside... (that box that says medium item on it? it's lying! there is no medium item in there... it is more like... xxxl item!)

an awesome link t-shirt that she stenciled... i am totally obsessed with zelda ^_^

the rest of the small items together... i love love love the sushi socks!

a beautiful pin, a ring that fits perfectly, and kitty stitch markers from my wist!

leaf marble magnets (they all came unglued! i will fix them because i so need these ^_^) and a blank notebook - she decorated the inside edges of the pages too ^_^

pressed ivy leaves (my favorite!) from her yard... this will go up on the new shelves we just put in the dining room

a tiny octopus stuffie with a heart... she says this is a jason (my boyfriend) octopus and that the yelley octopus will be on its way once she knows what color she should be... i think yelley octopus would be either green or pink! (when i first saw this i thought for sure that she had bought it somewhere...)

feeling the envy yet? it gets better... a super ridiculous awesome jewelry making kit! i've always wanted to learn because i have a hard time finding jewelry that suits my tastes, but i never started because it's kind of expensive... now i have no excuses! she included lots of wire and findings, a book about wire jewelry making, some handwritten illustrated guides to help me get started, a ton of gorgeous beads in all my favorite colors (which is pretty much just green ^_^), and an extra bead case. seriously... i got so spoiled!

i can totally picture her getting all excited about labeling each compartment... that's exactly how i would have been too ^_^

jenicat, thanks for such an amazing package! i loved everything! <3<3<3
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008 07:10:55 PM by yelley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #543 on: March 24, 2008 07:10:16 PM »

That is one awesome octopus! I love the eye detail and the little heart Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

« Reply #544 on: March 24, 2008 09:07:00 PM »

holy crap that is ONE AMAZING PACKAGE!love love love the beads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
keeperrox
« Reply #545 on: March 24, 2008 09:09:01 PM »

Geez, jenicat, you're putting us all to shame!  Awesome, awesome package! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #546 on: March 24, 2008 09:23:53 PM »

that is freaking awesome! jewelery is so much fun, and that kit is huge!! *envious*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
calluna
« Reply #547 on: March 24, 2008 09:24:37 PM »

I wisted the labeled bead box--incredible, thorough, and thoughtful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
myklia
« Reply #548 on: March 25, 2008 03:21:44 AM »

Geez, jenicat, you're putting us all to shame!  Awesome, awesome package! Cheesy

Agreed.

I do bead jewelry, so I definitely know how absolutely amazing that package is.  Definitely xxxl.  Everything is great and the octopus is really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #549 on: March 25, 2008 04:54:57 AM »

Holy cow!  What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Dragon Sushi Roll
How to Make Vegan Sushi
How to Make Traditional Indian Paneer
Meet Sushi Expert Mamie Nishide
Sushi Etiquette Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...