A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 122844 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: March 23, 2008 01:57:36 PM »

I wish I could join in on the spinny goodness. I am sure I would love it - but it seems to be a woolly thing - which is an itchy rashy oh I wish I didn't get near it thing for me...  Cry
I guess there are only so many cotton balls one would want to spin before it got really old!

I see all the pics up on Fiber Fridays and they look so wild kind of makes your heart skip a beat.  All is good in the end.  I can live vicariously through others!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008 01:57:57 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Yesa
« Reply #531 on: March 23, 2008 03:13:46 PM »

I wish I could join in on the spinny goodness. I am sure I would love it - but it seems to be a woolly thing - which is an itchy rashy oh I wish I didn't get near it thing for me...  Cry

Tell me about it! Angry I would also love to spin my own yarn but I'm doomed to buy cotton/acrylic yarn for the rest of my life. And before I was officially diagnosed to have atopic dermatitis, which makes my skin even more sensitive, I had already collected tons of wool yarn to knit with. Thankfully I can use these swaps to use the wool yarn for my partners' items even though the knitting itself can also get the rash to my hands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: March 23, 2008 04:42:01 PM »

yesa - sounds like you are a bit better off than me with the wool then - if I even walk past wool any more it gets to me.  I was asked about 2 years ago to knit up and also crochet up a bag for Caron using their felt it yarn - it was a sample for one of the conventions and that killed me.  The machine knitting wasn't that bad since I didn't have to touch it all that much but the crocheting was just torturous for me - and then all the bits of fiber in the air and all over the couch.. I vacuumed every day for like 2 weeks to get it out of the living room. I was in agony... of course I have turned down any more woolly projects from them... as much as I love the look of felted stuff it just brings tears to my eyes.. literally  Cry

awwww weepy bunny not so smiley...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
LizzieMcGuire

loves knitting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: March 23, 2008 04:47:48 PM »

Tell me about it! Angry I would also love to spin my own yarn but I'm doomed to buy cotton/acrylic yarn for the rest of my life.
You could try spinning viscose or nylon! I haven't tried spinning these yet, but I've heard that it is possible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #534 on: March 23, 2008 05:11:54 PM »

I thi
Tell me about it! Angry I would also love to spin my own yarn but I'm doomed to buy cotton/acrylic yarn for the rest of my life.
You could try spinning viscose or nylon! I haven't tried spinning these yet, but I've heard that it is possible!
i think you can spin just about anything, right?
Just depending on what you'd like to do with it...

I've been thinking about spinning a yarn made from random stuff I pick up on my journey through London this week... newspaper, bags, candy wrappers, stuff from the wedding, etc...
You could even include little memories like photos or ticket stubs...

Of course that is not a helpful suggestion if you're looking to knit a sweater though.
(or maybe... haha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #535 on: March 23, 2008 05:13:13 PM »

Deb, I just read about alpaca -- it is a lanolin free fiber. Do you think it is the wool or your lanolin alergy? I wonder if there are other <wool> bearers that have lanolin free fibers.

Also, if I could find someone who sold silk cocoons for less than a dollar a piece, I'd send you a bunch. You just boil the cocoons a bit, and then stretch them into a square or over a bowl. then spin from the center. They dye beautifully, too. Sometimes you can buy them as silk hankies or silk-hats.

Let me know if you'd want something like that, and I'll try and get you a silk spinning kit for your "large item."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008 05:13:40 PM by sewknitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2008 05:19:31 PM »

I saw a woman once spin using xmas tinsel... it was pretty funny to say the least...

I will have to feel up some alpaca and see what it does for me..
for now though I think I'll leave the spinning for the pros... I've got my fingers all knotted up from the man who wants website content....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
mimiw
« Reply #537 on: March 24, 2008 09:41:12 AM »

I received package #2 from Penlowe today!  She did a great job putting together a whole weekend's worth of activities for me and my 2 stepsons!

A tie dying kit complete with load of t-shirts, rubber bands and tons of dye!

Popsicle makers and mix, toys and stuff for the boys to play with while we wait for stuff to dry.  And 2 bookmarks for me!:

And a great book on dying fabric!  I am obsessed with craft books so I can't wait to read through this one!

Thanks so much Penlowe - this was such a great package and I know the boys will love it!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008 11:26:53 AM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #538 on: March 24, 2008 10:07:45 AM »

You'll just have to make the rubber band ball after you dye Smiley Then the rubber bands will be all colorful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #539 on: March 24, 2008 11:27:24 AM »

You'll just have to make the rubber band ball after you dye Smiley Then the rubber bands will be all colorful.

Oooo - good idea  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 10 Romeo and Juliet Trivia
Courtney Thorne Smith on the New Atkins Made Easy
Greg Sestero on The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room
Rachael Ray on Her Book Week in a Day
Kosslyn and Miller on the Trouble with Left/Right Brain
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...