A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,037
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 140652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suinoko
Strangely Multi-...talented?

GEEK

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #410 on: March 11, 2008 06:52:13 AM »

I had lots of sweeties too! A sour lolly, a cow chew? and a big bag a Jolly Ranchers! I told Annie that we can't get them in the UK anymore, so she duly put a bag in the box for me!

I miss Jolly Ranchers too - they should bring them back to us. They had a weird but distinctive taste as far as I remember, like nothing else we have sold in the UK, so I suppose that might be way they were discontinued. I was glad that Kitten Wrangler put some spicy ones in for me, without me even having to tell her I liked Jolly Ranchers or spicy candy. Spicy candy, sour candy and liquorice are the best - don't you just hate how when Maynards bought out Lion, they discontinued the liquorice flavoured midget gems in favour of blackberry? So unbelievably wrong it's stupid.

Yeah, I'm like a candy connoisseur. If you're interested, the most sour candy I've come across to date was 'center shock' (I think it must be an American brand due to the spelling Tongue) - it's a bubble gum that's coated with this really sour powder, with a jelly centre. They're really rare to find, though. I think they may have even been discontinued. I used to be able to get them from the ice cream van that comes down my road a few years ago, but nowhere else.

And that iPod cosy is so cute, I want one. Wink I attempted crocheting myself an iPod cosy for my first project but it didn't turn out very well. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live only for the present moment, there is no other moment.

Here, take a look at my new Wist!
SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: March 11, 2008 09:21:40 AM »

This is my package from my awesome partner, i got all of this stuff last thur. But i haven't been able to get photos of them till now. Sorry about that. Everything in the box was awesome, and it was the perfect thing to have waiting for me at my new house, after the worst moving experiance of my life... ( the bus we were driving caught on fire, it was scary..)

this was everything that she sent me

this is all of the stationary and then letter that she wrote

this is the awesome photos of her as she was growing up. i have so much respect for anyone that plays rugby. i knew a ton of girls that played while i was in school they were always the toughest people.

all of her fav things. she send me these awesome magnets of beers  that used to be made in the town she lives in..
i never knew how close she was to lancaster. The make turkey hill iced tea there and it is sooo good... oh and i started reading the book she sent me so far it is really good.

theses are all of the small things that she made me. The head bands are awesome, and there is two neckless, one is a tree and the other is a quote from Jane austen...great apron also

This is me wearing one of the headbands she sent, i think i have worn it the whole time since i have gotten it.
Thank you sooo much Melissa, everything is awesome
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008 09:31:01 AM by SnapsAndDrangons » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #412 on: March 11, 2008 09:38:12 AM »

ok just to clarify a little bit...b/c i'm bad and didn't write a letter explaining what everything was  Undecided so the stationery that coryjo said was from my hometown is actually from a place called beulah, michigan. its where my b/f's parents live and its stationery thats made from an old school printing press by gwen frostic. (she's dead now, but someone else took over the company) you might have heard of her, her stationery is renowned all over the world and it was also featured in the martha stewart magazine and the only store is the little tiny one in beulah.
the craisins are actually dried cherries straight from traverse city mich. the cherry capital. delish!

I knew there was something I forgot to comment on!  I recognized the Gwen Frostic, I LOVED going to that store when I was little!  We even have a few autographed notebooks around my parent's house.  She spent her winters in FL, so I think there may be a store somewhere down here too.   I miss the Cherry Festival!  I haven't been there for years!  I'M JEALOUS  Wink  But I wouldn't trade my partner for the world, either. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
coryjo
« Reply #413 on: March 11, 2008 10:25:11 AM »

SnapsAndDrangons lucky you getting Rebecca.  I love that book, and when you're done you can rent the movie.  It's an oldie but goodie  Cheesy

I finally have my MYB from CrochetAdikt unwound.  Here are the goodies that were in it (sorry for the pic quality, I took it quick this am w/my cell):

Stitch markers that were in a cool tin she had me pick out at Micheal's.  They are marked with different crochet hook sizes so I can use them to mark what size I'm using on a WIP!

Magnetic purse snaps and lip balm.  The lip balm is because she always needs to have some with her.  And I'm so glad it was in there because I'm constantly losing my lip balm.  2 this week alone  Roll Eyes  Not pictured are the skittles (her favorite candy) because I ate them already and the Reese's Pieces (her pregnancy candy & interstingly my favorite candy) because my dog helped me unwind the MYB while I was at work and ate them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008 10:27:49 AM by coryjo - Reason: add not pictured stuff » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #414 on: March 11, 2008 12:01:53 PM »

I recieved my package with perfect timing! I got a note in my mailbox yesterday and today I could pick up my package at the post office. Perfect after a long exam!

The box... I removed most of the packing tape while waiting for the bus, but didn't open it properly until I got home. Where I found...

Another box  Grin

And here are all the goodies inside:

Postcards from Gdansk where she lives now, and from her hometown. The picture is from the day she got engaged and there's also a wedding picture and a picture of her with a friend.
Show and tell: instant chocolate, irish cream tea, a lipstick she likes, seeds for me to grow this spring and amber from the sea.

Stationery items

Stationery, a notepad, a crocheted jar for pens or crochet hooks (when/if I learn to crochet) and cute erasers. I used to collect those as a child so they made me very happy.

Here's a closeup from the show and tell:

Amber she found at the beach. So cool, she loves amber and she sent me half of what she found.

Small things:

Tha cat coaster was on both our wists, so funny! A beautiful bookmark and crocheted jewellery. (there are close up pictures in my picture folder)

Slippers! I put them on as soon as I had snapped the picture with everything together. I love the colours and there is some kind of anti-slip-something under them so I've got great traction Wink

Oh, just one close up...

Look at these, aren't they beautiful? I'm wearing them now and the photo can't show how pretty they are. There are tiny beads crocheted in.

Awesome package gemusia! I'm wearing slippers, earrings and lipstick and drinking tea. I'll try the chocolate next, it looks yummy!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008 12:40:31 PM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
keeperrox
« Reply #415 on: March 11, 2008 12:49:24 PM »

SnapsAndDrangons lucky you getting Rebecca.  I love that book, and when you're done you can rent the movie.  It's an oldie but goodie 

Did you know that Hitchcock told Joan Fontain that everyone on set hated her, to play up on her insecurities of being the newcomer and not Olivier's then girlfriend, Vivien Leigh?  I just love how Fontain's reactions & timidness come across so real in movie, because, well, they are. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008 12:52:35 PM by keeperrox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

« Reply #416 on: March 11, 2008 01:35:01 PM »

What a horrible thing to do to someone!  My opinion of Hitchcock just went way down.  I've never been one to subscribe to the notion that "the ends justify the means."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suinoko
Strangely Multi-...talented?

GEEK

« Reply #417 on: March 11, 2008 01:59:10 PM »

What a horrible thing to do to someone!  My opinion of Hitchcock just went way down.  I've never been one to subscribe to the notion that "the ends justify the means."

I actually think that was quite cool. Tongue I suppose it was a bit mean, but at least the people on set probably weren't actually horrible to her, and I doubt he was either. Apparently, in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film, the people standing outside the gate weren't told that Willy Wonka was gonna do the fall over and roll thing so the reaction was genuine. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live only for the present moment, there is no other moment.

Here, take a look at my new Wist!
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 11, 2008 08:47:01 PM »

I actually think that was quite cool. Tongue I suppose it was a bit mean, but at least the people on set probably weren't actually horrible to her, and I doubt he was either. Apparently, in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film, the people standing outside the gate weren't told that Willy Wonka was gonna do the fall over and roll thing so the reaction was genuine. Smiley

same with when they walked in to the factory and saw the candy garden for the first time w/ the chocolate river. i love that movie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: March 11, 2008 08:58:39 PM »

Y'know what I find funny? How half of us sent those initial notecards, and the other half sent the chandelier cards. Yay for Michael's, I guess.  Cheesy Shall we all send the same things in the second package? I vote for sour cherry balls, and if your partners don't like them, well, you can just send them to me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Potstickers
How to Make a Pork Stir-Fry
How to Make a Smoked Salmon Roll
Chicken Curry Stew Recipe
How to Make Nasi Goreng
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...