A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 121038 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2008 05:45:10 AM »

Love the cute baby booties!

The frog pillow is great too!

What is pocky?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lootyaj
« Reply #191 on: March 02, 2008 06:52:46 AM »

I love that wallet.  I had some of the same fabric that I lined a Fat Bottom Bag with, it is so cool! I went back to Joanns to find it a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have it anymore.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy Jo ~
My Wist
Penguinotic
« Reply #192 on: March 02, 2008 07:41:25 AM »

What is pocky?

Pocky is a Delicious Japanese snack. It's super popular over there. Vending machines everywhere, i hear. It's like a cookie stick covered in chocolate or some other flavoring. I can accidentally eat a whole box without knowing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2008 10:53:52 AM »

I am so happy to say that I have received my very first swap package from ksta, my swap partner of my very first craftster swap!
Here are her show and tell items which include some "Georgia stuff", a very cool magazine AND a football card from when her dad was a professional football player!  This is the closest I've ever gotten to a celebrity!

This is the sweet little tag and charm that she put on the front of a paper-bag scrap book:

Here is the scrap book which not only contains her pictures and letter, but I can put more stuff in there as well.  These are also her postcards, a pen from her church, and wicked cute stationery:

Kick-ass jewelry which is perfect for me to wear when I'm feeling particularly tough or want to keep the kids and grandkids in line: Wink

Van Gogh calendar for my softer side (this is going straight to my tastefully decorated office, where the knuckles and skull wouldn't go over so well)  Smiley  And also the sweetest kids' books in anticipation of my new grandbaby that will be born any day now!  I'm getting all choked up again at this sweet and thoughtful gesture!

Crocheted hat which fits almost everyone in the family just perfectly, really well made!  AND... scarf made from bamboo yarn which is just knocking my socks off!  Ksta also sent me a sample of the yarn and I just can't stop touching it!  It is the softest stuff in the world and I gotta get me some more of it!  AND... a knitted fortune cookie, which is so cute!

And this is the message inside the fortune cookie. Smiley

THANK YOU to ksta for making my very first swap experience amazing, I just can't get over the happiness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2008 11:01:28 AM »

LOL! oh my gosh, i'm sorry I just had to comment on the fortune cookie. I would have giggled so hard if i got that! That's too cute! I also like the MAF 2008 tag, makes me feel like this is going to be a lasting swap, and it will be as long as you all are intrested. I already have plans to start round 2 sign ups in may. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2008 12:08:08 PM »

I think this was an AWESOME idea for a swap, and I love my swap partner.  Well, not really LOVE her... but you know what I mean.  Wink

I think there are so many people who would want to do it every time that it could keep going for a very long time.  Smiley 

I'd definitely sign up again.  Smiley

Wow, the amount of stuff in everyone's packages makes me feel like I sent way too little stuff!  It's okay, though.  yelley's getting extras next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaissa
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2008 12:27:49 PM »

Wow, the amount of stuff in everyone's packages makes me feel like I sent way too little stuff!  It's okay, though.  yelley's getting extras next time.

me too! I'm a little anxious about that myself.  hp_nerd's getting extras next package too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2008 01:46:52 PM »

Ooh.. that fortune cookie is adorable! (And too true too Wink Tongue twister!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2008 02:07:52 PM »

GRRR... My internet ate all of my pictures just after I'd written everything down.  I'll try this again.

I got my package from sighonthebreeze yesterday and it was fantastic.  I was having a bad day and the package made everything better.

Here's a group shot:

Everything is sitting on the tissue paper the package was wrapped in.  I didn't have access to a camera yesterday and was far too impatient to wait to open it.   Smiley

The stationary things:

The blue pen is now my favorite pen. I'm going to use it to motivate myself to actually write every day like I want to.  It's got pretty beaded tassels I can play with when I get writer's block.  There's also two little notebooks, one blank that I can decorate and carry in my purse and a tiny one that says "Shhhh" because it opens all the way up in a secret way.  Sighonthebreeze also included the website with instructions so I can make my own.  The cards are polka dotted and striped and have some of my favorite color combinations on them.  I'm looking forward to using them.  The stamps were originally sent for the little boy I nanny for, but he's a little young (eight weeks), so I'll use them with a friend's five year old who loves stamps because then she can have tattoos like her mom.   Smiley

The post cards are spectacular.  One is a yellow hibiscus from a family vacation to Hawaii and the other makes me want to eat dessert first and was taken at dinner at sigh's school.

These are some of the little things and the show and tell things.  There is one of my favorite books, which I've not yet managed to own.  It's one of the series with the animal pictures and they are adorable.  Zigity is in the little tin and it looks like it will be fun.  I'm planning on making my little brother play it with me and taking it on the road when I go visit my college next weekend.  She also included a tiny pikachu cell phone charm and a little hello kitty tin, both of which will be added to my tiny toys on my bookshelf.  A green chainmail style bracelet was wrapped around the stamps in the other picture, but I had to try it on and it fits very nicely.  She made a wonderfully soft white and blue scarf and sent some koala cookies, which I ate right away.  They had chocolate creme in them.   Grin

There were some beautiful pictures of some places sighonthebreeze had been on vacation and some other funny ones, but my dad's camera died as I was trying to take more detailed shots of them.  They can sort of be seen in the group shot and I'll try to explain them a little and will post more pictures of them later.

There was a close up of a watch band with the infinity symbol on it which looked very artsy and interesting, a picture of her first drink, which reminded me of mine (o good times.. Smiley), and a picture of a friend knitting a huge sweater for their school's mascot. My favorite picture was one of the restaurant Serendipity 3, which was closed for renovation.  I don't think it was supposed to be as funny as it was to me, but as my life has been a roller coaster lately, I can relate to serendipity being temporarily closed.   Smiley 

That's my fabulous package!  I was so excited and showed off everything immediately.  Thanks very much, Sighonthebreeze.  And DesignVigilante, I'll definitely be signing up for the next round!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2008 03:12:26 PM »

i get so excited everytime i log on and see someones elses packages...this is so great!everyone is doing the most amazing jobs on everything! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Squeeze and Solitude - AHEC and RCA Collaboration
Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Techniques
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
How to Make a Cigar Box Pocketbook
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...