A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 130470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mysterious

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1090 on: June 18, 2008 03:15:22 PM »

Okay so I received my second package from Craftykaida forever ago, and am just now getting around to posting pics! I'm so sorry Alexis!

Anyway, here's all the stuff together

I got this awesome bag with compass star/map designs on it, and lined with turquoise, a shrinky dink kit, a cool little booklet on backpacking through Europe, and a small booklet of knitting patterns, her letter, a grow your own pirate with activity book, and last but not least, a magical creature origami kit.

a horribly blurry pic of one of the pages in the backpacking book,

and of course, an action shot of the bag filled with my knitting Grin Thank you Alexis!

Also a couple pic of what I sent, since they never got posted-

Package 1
Stationery stuff, small stuff,
about me stuff, and postcards.

Package 2
Box I painted, the inside lined with starburst wrappers,
flip flops I created new straps for, and a polymer clay kit that was inside the box.

And I didn't get good pic of the last package, but it had a dress, a box collaged with photos from package 1, some shrinky dinks, and a macram bracelet.

I hope you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cardigan
« Reply #1091 on: June 18, 2008 06:41:33 PM »

Really late, package 1 from teddybearbones

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1092 on: June 30, 2008 01:58:24 PM »

Laaate... But I couldn't get good pictures of the skirt. I got a great package three from Gemusia and these are some of the things she sent:

I had trouble getting a good picture of the skirt, but it's really great. It has a underskirt in the blue silky material and the flowery fabric is very light and nice.

This bear is the first one she ever made, isn't it awesome? It lives with my fiance at the moment.

I haven't made anything from the beads she gave me yet, but I'm tryong to come up with something special for them!

Sorry for taking forever to post them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mysterious

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1093 on: July 02, 2008 04:00:29 PM »

Well today I received from our all powerfull organizer DesignVigilante, who was nice enough to send me a third package. Grin

First off here's everything-

Here's what I see first, So of course I put it on

Then I find this cool, purple scarf and put it on. But wait, there's more - another awesome hat! (that matches the scarf Grin)(and isn't my face just awesome?)

and a close up of the hat-

So then moving on, I find some of her fav stuff - Chocolate drink mix, tootsie roll box with emercency chocolate, a bandana, and you guessed it - mustard! Cheesy

And she having gone to Vegas recently, she got me a couple postcards, and a little more local (I'm assuming anyway) some trader joes chocolate! (there were also a few of the most addicting peanut butter cups ever that somehow didn't make it into the pics Grin)

And then I see this cool box-

Which is cool enough as it is, but check out what was in it-

The yellow paper says " Knitting Survival Kit! Everything but the needles Smiley"
and includes a little bit of yarn, sisscors, a tape measure, yarn needle, safety pins, a row counter, two stitch markers, and a pencil with a pad of paper.

And thats it! Oh wait - theres also a little lolly pop wand that only made it in to the first pic - its on the left on top of the bandana, it  broke a little in the mail but I'm sure its still good  Smiley

Thank you so much Diana!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #1094 on: July 02, 2008 06:38:07 PM »

As already mentioned, I exchanged packages with the wonderful Mysterious since her partner could not send a final package.
This is kinda like the package 1 guidelines but better Grin
I will try to go in order but im too lazy to double check the letter Wink

Jelly belly candy and trail mix. I havent tried them yet but i love jelly belly! Grin

a postcard of where she lives...planet earth...lol

some random glow stick bracelets and water bombs!

a fabulously cute crochet hook row! i love the colors and the polka dots!

an insanely cute WIP bag that matches the crochet hook roll and was loosely inspired by the bags i mentioned i liked by gothchics http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249875.msg2774827#msg2774827
(i think she did a very good job and adore my new wip bag!)

some white wool yarn with kool aid so i can dye it and felt it! Me thinks this will be a bag one day!

All that in itself made an awesome package! But just when i thought it couldnt get any better....

AN ADORABLE SHORT SLEEVE SHRUG!!! I've been dying for a shrug! I'm always making them for other people but ever for myself. I love love love it!!

You would think that would be it right? WRONG!!

A quilting kit! Quilting is on my craft wish list and i cant wait to get started!!

Thanks so much Rachel! I loved everything you sent, and I'm glad to have you as a friend. Grin
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1095 on: July 03, 2008 04:08:24 PM »

Calluna received! (I sent so late, school was totally overwhelming for a while there)

Here's what I sent! The theme is "Supplies for an adventure"

1. Vegan Dreamer Food (Chocolate Spice Cookie Mix) to cook up anywhere along the road

2. Exotic Supply Box

Contents:

-Clues and Artifacts (collection bag), full of little hints and treasures (but with room for more!)
-Directional Orientation Device (compass)
-FIRE (strike anywhere matches)
-a button that says "you are loved" in russian
-Pendant of Light (a glowstick necklace)
-Record and Remember (crayons and water colors)

3. Owl and Squirrel stamps, kind of in the vein of letterboxing

4. ATC set 1: Metamorphosis

a) pearl/egg, b) caterpillar, c) cocoon (made from yarn from the spinning kit she sent me Smiley, d) watercolor butterfly

5. ATC set 2: Then and Now.

a) city vs country, b) bikes vs brains, c) traditional vs digital, d) old lingo vs new lingo

This has been such a great swap! Thank you for making me a friend, Calluna! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008 04:10:05 PM by Fabric » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

« Reply #1096 on: July 03, 2008 09:46:02 PM »

i love those stamps!i have to find some like them... what a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
calluna
« Reply #1097 on: July 03, 2008 10:49:49 PM »

It is all really wonderful; I couldn't stop grinning when I was going through that exotic box! It is all so appropriate for me as I'm embarking on a new chapter of life (or maybe its a sub-chapter; I'll know in a few years!)...And I love the thought process behind it, too!

Fabric also sent me a set of marble magnets, stickers, the prettiest stationary ever--which she made, I believe--and a copy of the stereoscopic (did I get that right?) 3D video she made, with the necessary 3D glasses! I think I'm forgetting something, and I'm going to be incredibly embarassed when I figure out what that something is...(forgive me, I'm in moving-mode so I'm scattered in more ways than one)

Here's a close-up of the greatest card, with  the cocoon made from handspun hanging from the top of the twig (it's angled a little wonkily because of the scanner):

And here's the bottom of the letter she sent, with gorgeous illustration and metallic edge:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 08:52:10 PM by calluna - Reason: added pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
faemystique
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

RN who crafts like she's on Crack!

Making my art a priority in 2014!

« Reply #1098 on: July 27, 2011 11:05:12 AM »

Quilted, I have often thought of you and that challah cover... did you ever take a picture to send me of you using it? I worry that its holding up okay... I hope so!! How are you?  Carey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Most Unforgivable Style Mistakes
Dethroned Miss Delaware Files Lawsuit Against Pageant
The Perfect 5 Minute Brows
How to Fake a Full Eyebrow
Tricks That Prevent Your Hair Color from Fading
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...