A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 124175 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1080 on: June 13, 2008 09:28:46 AM »

I received from cardigsan a little while ago, but have been completely swamped with school and forgot to post o_O

everything all together

my favourite of everything was the neon pink flamingos they look killer under blacklight ;]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1081 on: June 13, 2008 12:50:00 PM »

I got my package in just the other day - was it yesterday?? This entire week has melted together!!

anyhooooo.... I will update hopefully with an action shot of the tshirt being modeled by my husband maybe tomorrow probably more likely Sunday since I *think* he is playing d&d on Sunday (yeah nice family thing to do on a father's day - but hey, he's the father so if he wants to go play d&d with a bunch of people he barely knows that is his prerogative, right?
anyhoooo... now for the loot!

dice!  The mini ones in the tube Collin has claimed for his own..
The larger ones Logan has claimed.
The tshirt is for hubby
The dice bag is being fought over....
but have no fear!  Sewknitter thought ahead!
She also sent two tshirts to do up (to go with the fabric paints from box#2) one for each of the boys and the leftover material from the dice bag so I will be making both boys their very own dice bags..
and oh by the way?  She is amazingly talented - that design on the dice bag - yup. She digitized that for the embroidery machine. She rules!
Logan has stolen the book thong...

So you are thinking that the loot only went to the boys this round?
Think again!
I love boxes... I got 3 containers (one I didn't get the best shot of so I will be updating later with a shot of it as well - and that one was the coolest - it is oblong shaped and she decopaged it for me!
Oh and box tops for kids - Last box I sent her a package of brownie mix and in my note had apologized for nabbing the box top from it before sending it and then I forgot to nab the boxtop - schools here in Alabama need every penny they can get so she sent me some!!

flower seeds for me - I love flowers - and will be starting these soon for fall planting...
and a knitting button for my project bag and some thumb tacks - Collin tried to claim them but I do believe I am going to win that battle.....
This container - was an old cigar box from her grandfather's collection!  No, he didn't have a girlied up cigar box, sewknitter made it amazing for me!

And if that box wasn't enough feast your eyes on this lovely - complete with flowers did up for me - and she sent me a bit of the paper she used so now I can copy what she did =bwwwaaahaaahaaa!  She also added the butterfly too Wink

chocolate has since been allocated to various stomachs in the household and is no longer in package....

and the tatted teacup - how cute, aye? complete with a potpourri teabag and all  Wink
in the background is the cool container that I mentioned before.  I am kicking myself that I didn't get a better shot of it!

Sewknitter and I have been plagued with ups and downs in our lives throughout this swap and I am so happy to have made such a lasting friend!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008 12:51:42 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #1082 on: June 14, 2008 11:52:20 AM »

I've received my third package from my partner! Thanks so much Maltiriel - again you've been awesome!
On to the goodies Wink
  • hand dyed shirt
  • hand dyed ravenclaw yarn
  • pincushion
  • wrist pincushion
  • needle/scissor case
  • dragonfly dishcloth
  • Calorimetry
  • covered bangle
  • beautiful fabric
Photos!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #1083 on: June 14, 2008 05:03:18 PM »

Ok We're up to 96 people with feedback and from my records, that leaves 30 people still needing feedback. Please PM me if you are eligible for feedback but not have received it. Please provide a link to your final packages when asking me for feedback.

Thanks everyone for a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
sinisterbutterfli
« Reply #1084 on: June 14, 2008 05:43:08 PM »

My partner's package is split, because of life issues getting her down lately (sick hubby, sick dog, poor thing). So she sent me her medium items, and they're all really great.

First, we have a space invaders potholder and a can/bottle cozy with potion bottles from Nintendo & Zelda. These are super awesome! I've been wanting one of these potholders for a while, and the cozy thing is just too cute. The above is the "A" side...

...and that's the "B" side.  Cheesy

She also sent me a "Jar of Whimsies" (though not technically a jar, it is full of whimsies). There's a ton of colorful feathers, some rocks, beads, tiny cards, clay, and more. It's all very cute. The feathers are trying to escape and make new homes around my house.

Thanks cinnamonteal! I can't wait to see the rest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #1085 on: June 14, 2008 07:25:59 PM »

Those potion drink cozies ROCK SO HARD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
Arzu
Cookies and Lasers! Brilliant!

« Reply #1086 on: June 15, 2008 07:04:44 AM »

I received a while ago from RusskiMom, but having gotten a job at a camp up north it wasn't until last weekend that I was actually able to make the trip home to pick up my package.  Here are my goodies!

Bamboo <3 Knitting Needles!  A lovely little notepad, which went right away into my knitting bag because I used to have a little notebook there but I lost it on the plane as I was flying home.  A very pretty handmade calendar, and a stitch counter bracelet which is so classy that I wore it to my brother's wedding.  I actually wisted a similar bracelet not too long ago, and RusskiMom had already made this for me before that!  She knows me too well, hehe.

Next, a wonderful lacquer box (is this the kind known as shkatolka?) to remind me of her.

And lastly, a fantastic bag that is made of felted alpaca on the outside (sooo soft and fuzzy) and a gorgeous fabric lining on the inside with LOTS of pockets.  This has become my new knitting bag and I take it with me everywhere now.  My previous one didn't have any pockets at all, so my stuff was always getting lost inside it.   

Thank you so much RusskiMom!  Everything you chose for me is just perfect.  We seem to have quite similar tastes (just wait until package number 3 arrives from me, lol) and this swap has been amazing.  I hope to visit you sometime in Russia! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lootyaj
« Reply #1087 on: June 15, 2008 07:39:50 AM »

I've been having some issues with my camera (won't recharge) but I had managed to get a pic of my last package from assilem421.  She sent me a huge package for #3 and I LOVE it all. 

This shot is of everything.

She sent me:
A cool pattern book for the Knifty Knitter she sent me in package #2

A little kit to make a turtle paperweight

Some pretty printer paper with clouds on it

An awesome pin cushion in the prettiest fabric ever (it even had some pins in it, which my hubby found when he squeezed the 'pillow'. )

An awesome cake decorating kit, with everything I would need to decorate a cake.  She must have read my mind cuz I've been wanting to do some cake decorating for some time know.  Know I have no excuse and must make cakes! 

And last but not least, she sent me a DROP SPINDLE!  I was jumping up and down when I saw this because I have SOOO wanted to start this craft.  She sent some practice roving and also some freaking gorgeous roving for when I get better at it. 

She also sent me a teaser, not pictured above.   Apparently she is still working on a project for me, and will send it separately.  It involves yarn, and really great colors at that!  Thank you so much assilem421!  Everything was perfect. 

And, like a dumby, I sent her package to her and forgot to take pictures.  She moved during the last month of the swap and doesn't have internet at home, so we will have to wait till she gets it back up to see the pics of what I sent.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy Jo ~
My Wist
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #1088 on: June 16, 2008 02:24:14 PM »

Deb, sorry for delay in posting reply!

I'm sooo happy that everything arrived safely, and thrilled that it went over so well! the hubbies put up with so much, I'm glad to give him a package, too!

Can't wait to see the action shot!

giving credit where due:
gala_apples did the shirt.
Avesthel supplied the dice.

this was a great swap and Deb was a wonderful and PATIENT partner.

I've been crafting a web site (have put ads on craftster, too. More support for this wonderful forum.) So Deb and I are emailing each other as we are working. She is doing a new site, too. We have so much in common, is has been great!

I got my package in just the other day - was it yesterday?? This entire week has melted together!!

anyhooooo.... I will update hopefully with an action shot of the tshirt being modeled by my husband maybe tomorrow probably more likely Sunday since I *think* he is playing d&d on Sunday (yeah nice family thing to do on a father's day - but hey, he's the father so if he wants to go play d&d with a bunch of people he barely knows that is his prerogative, right?
anyhoooo... now for the loot!dice!  The mini ones in the tube Collin has claimed for his own..
The larger ones Logan has claimed.
The tshirt is for hubby
The dice bag is being fought over....
but have no fear!  Sewknitter thought ahead!
She also sent two tshirts to do up (to go with the fabric paints from box#2) one for each of the boys and the leftover material from the dice bag so I will be making both boys their very own dice bags..
and oh by the way?  She is amazingly talented - that design on the dice bag - yup. She digitized that for the embroidery machine. She rules!
Logan has stolen the book thong...

So you are thinking that the loot only went to the boys this round?
Think again!
I love boxes... I got 3 containers (one I didn't get the best shot of so I will be updating later with a shot of it as well - and that one was the coolest - it is oblong shaped and she decopaged it for me!
Oh and box tops for kids - Last box I sent her a package of brownie mix and in my note had apologized for nabbing the box top from it before sending it and then I forgot to nab the boxtop - schools here in Alabama need every penny they can get so she sent me some!!
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/debcrafty/got%20from%20swaps1/caramaf33.jpg
flower seeds for me - I love flowers - and will be starting these soon for fall planting...
and a knitting button for my project bag and some thumb tacks - Collin tried to claim them but I do believe I am going to win that battle.....
This container - was an old cigar box from her grandfather's collection!  No, he didn't have a girlied up cigar box, sewknitter made it amazing for me!

And if that box wasn't enough feast your eyes on this lovely - complete with flowers did up for me - and she sent me a bit of the paper she used so now I can copy what she did =bwwwaaahaaahaaa!  She also added the butterfly too Wink
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/debcrafty/got%20from%20swaps1/caramaf32.jpg
chocolate has since been allocated to various stomachs in the household and is no longer in package....

and the tatted teacup - how cute, aye? complete with a potpourri teabag and all  Wink
in the background is the cool container that I mentioned before.  I am kicking myself that I didn't get a better shot of it!
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/debcrafty/got%20from%20swaps1/caramaf34.jpg

Sewknitter and I have been plagued with ups and downs in our lives throughout this swap and I am so happy to have made such a lasting friend!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008 02:00:41 PM by crafty_dame - Reason: please don't quote pics! thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
coryjo
« Reply #1089 on: June 18, 2008 07:57:41 AM »

I know I promised these awhile ago, but I forgot  Roll Eyes  So here are some better pictures of my third package from CrochetAdikt.
Everything all together:

And a close up of the painted yarn so you can see the colors:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Yes No Parameter to Control Visibility
CADclip REVIT House Kit 2008
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Convert to Surface
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Animation Recording
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Motion Picture Tools
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...