Okay - here is the pattern (and a few pics of the 'new' hat I did tonight) - keep in mind that I'm currently under the weather and doped up on flu medicine ... so, if I make a mistake, feel free to correct me - but, do it gently! lol
I used Lion Brand Thick and Quick and an N hook - so, this works up FAST!!!
1) ch 2
2) work 6 hdc in 2nd ch from hook (sl to join)
3) ch 2 for turning
4) work 2 hdc in each stitch around (sl to join)
5) ch 2 for turning
6) work 2 hdc in first stitch, 1 hdc in next stitch (continue around) (sl to join)
7) ch 2 for turning
work 2 hdc in first stitch, 1 hdc in next 2 stitches (continue around) (sl to join)
9) ch 2 for turning
10) work 2 hdc in first stitch, 1 hdc in next 3 stitches (continue around) (sl to join)
11) ch 3 for turning
12) work dc in each stitch (you could do hdc, but I think that the dc makes a nice 'transition' from the crown to rest of cloche). (sl to join)
12) ch 2 for turning
13) for next 5 rows, work hdc in each stitch, sl to join at end, ch 2 for turning.
14) on row 12 work dc in each stitch (this is where you can insert a ribbon, if you like (just weave in and out and tie bow where you want it) - if you're not going to do a ribbon - this row could be hdc - also, you can move this row up, if you want your ribbon higher - it was actually higher on the first hat)
15) on row 13 work 2 hdc in first stitch, then 1 hdc in next stitch - continue pattern around, sl to join, ch 2 for turning.
16) on row 14 , work as row 13
16) bind off and add ribbon or flower or whatever.......
This is the one I did tonight, with a flower..... Sorry for the odd picture - again, I have the flu - didn't want to show my sickly face..... lol
Hope the tutorial is okay - hope my drugs haven't interferred too much! lol