A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The books & board  (Read 6076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artteach7
« on: February 04, 2008 07:59:31 PM »

OK, not such an original title!

I am trying to start a card business this year (on top of trying to craft more, eat healthier, be more environmentally friendly...yada, yada, yada...)  Anyway, I did a few things to help this little business plan along.

1) Create a book for sketches (so far this year only about 10 pages are filled...and I didn't photograph any of them)
The big one is for home, the little one to take with me.  They are books I had lying around (I have a rather large collection of blank books...now that I make my own, I need to find a way to re-use or re-purpose them!)

2) Create a cork-board to keep notes on (this image also shows the website I have created along with a logo/business name/business card and my plan for what to do )

3) Beyond just crafting more and making more cards, I wanted a challenge to last all year.   I found a website (http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/paper08/) that I plan to follow for the year...this is the journal I created out of scraps I had lying around.  I am trying to make more scrapbook pages too (I have never done one before this year!)  I showed to pages I liked as well as the front of the journal.  I am super happy with how this turned out.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008 08:00:11 PM by artteach7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How important are the visual arts in our society? I feel very strongly that the visual arts are of vast and incalculatable importance. Of course, I could be prejudiced. I am a visual art" ~Kermit T Frog
calluna
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008 10:02:24 PM »

That journal is too lovely for words! Hooray for pretty paper scraps.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Tanna
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008 02:21:30 AM »

I am trying to start a card business this year (on top of trying to craft more, eat healthier, be more environmentally friendly...yada, yada, yada...)  Anyway, I did a few things to help this little business plan along.

great! good luck!

i really like the agenda!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ren
Ren

controls bunnies writing literary works of genious

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008 04:15:35 AM »

I wish I could be just half as productive as you so that I could finally get my business off the ground! Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008 08:32:38 PM »

the books are gorgeous! Smiley good luck on the business ^^ but judging by your books, you probably won't need any luck ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Awesome Monkey
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008 09:44:12 PM »

that journal for 08 sounds like a great idea!! i think i would like to do that, too. thanks for posting the link =] i just have to catch up on the 7 projects, not too bad...
i also love the journal you made. it is so pretty, hopefully mine can turn out to be at least half as good...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008 10:22:57 PM »

Wow! I love it all! As nerdy as it sounds, it makes me feel very happy and excited to be organized. xD I also love the business name and the journal things. I LOVE journals/notebooks just because they make me feel even more organized.

Ahem.. Anyway, nice resolution and plan! I wish you tons of good luck with your business!

(Psst! I'll take some extra blank journals. x])
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Keep Your Hair Looking Good Between Washes
How to Lighten Your Hair Naturally
How to Make Your Own All Natural Hair Conditioner
How to Prevent Hair Breakage
How to Protect Your Hair from Chlorine and Saltwater
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...