A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Awesome party ideas for someone with lame friends?  (Read 835 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinFish
« on: February 04, 2008 07:37:08 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends- they just have VERY different ideas of what entails a "party" than I do. I grew up with big fat theme parties, complete with custom-made cakes (no we weren't rich, my mom would make everything herself) to match said theme and all kinds of activities and stuff. My friends... they think a party is ...going to dinner at TGI Fridays. Or sitting around at someone's house watching TV.  Roll Eyes Tongue

So anyway! I'm turning 22 in a bit over a month and I'm at a bit of a loss as to party ideas. Last year, we went to the Chatterbox Pub because they have board games and nintendo, and I got the party room which is free if your party spends over $500........ unfortunately my friends are also COLLEGE students so they're all too poor to shell out that kind of cash and I ended up paying over $200. Considering that I had asked for tattoo money for presents, it kind of ended up being really pointless as I spent nearly all of my tat money on the darn party room.  Undecided

Here's what I need, then:
-not at a restaurant, preferably. I'm vegetarian now and the number of restaurants that my friends can afford and that I can find food at... are very limited.
-not too "party games" oriented, because, again, lame friends. A pinata might go over well. But then I'd have to find a place to put it wherever we end up.
-no movies, no tv. my friends may love that crap but I can't stand it. SO not a social activity.
-no costumes. (my friends are so lame!)
-no bowling. some of my friends hate bowling, too. (agh!)
-nothing that costs too much.

Ideas I've had- some kind of dinner party at my place, though that might be hard because I know some real carnivores and I don't cook meat. ...also my place is pretty small. Way too small for a party of more than, say, 7 people. Ideally I'd like to invite at least 15.
Maybe The Square (restaurant, yes) because it's one of the very few restaurants that is both cheap and veg-friendly... but then what else? Dinner out does not a party make.
Board games are good, my friends quite like those.
Drinking is ok but none of my friends get drunk, so it can't rely on that.

PLEASE help me out, I'm dying here. I hate boring parties, but my friends will totally drag their feet if I try to do anything fun!

oh one more thing. I did manage to have ONE theme party that my friends enjoyed- a boob theme party, coz I was getting reduction surgery- and we had boob cake, boob themed foods, pin the boobs on the breast reduction patient, and a water balloon fight- so some party games might be ok, but not too many!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008 07:44:13 PM by PinFish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeesaLove
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008 09:23:44 AM »

is there a community room at school you can reseve cheap or free??
for food how about a hearty veggie stew & soe veg or vegan muffins or bread. OR a pasta salad with lots of veggies & cheese if you eat cheese & italian  dressing. (ther is a pasta sald on here or on Pioneerwoan.com  that is pasta, canned diced tomnaotes, canned artichones, & canned olives. woth oil or oil & vingigar & spices.)
a big fruit salad.
some awesome veggie fiendly cupcakes.

games.. maybe twister?  or twister for quaters, some thing like that.
get one f the differnt veriaons of monolpy (simpson, batman  etc...)

maybe just a simple beer & game night?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Capt_Jordi

Beachin it up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008 05:01:12 PM »

Maybe a pot luck dinner? That way there can be a big variety?

Games, no clues? Maybe have a video game tourney? Or maybe get a fun board game! Cranium, dicecapades, would you rather, and scattergories are always lots of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Notice TV Editing Tricks
How to Join a Reality Competition Show
The Harry Potter Glossary from the Fans
Deathly Hallows Predictions
How to Film Underwater
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...