A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pink & Green Garden Wedding - DIY by others (pic heavy)  (Read 12648 times)
Tags for this thread: favors , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

akehurstm
« on: February 04, 2008 03:06:10 PM »

I'm getting married in an outdoor wedding in August. I know that people seem to be tired of pink weddings, but for me personally there really is no other choice. So I thought I would share a bit about the DIY. But unlike most people, I'm not very crafty at all, so, instead I enlist all the help I can to exploit my helpers best talents.
First, my inspiration board. I'm going for colors of bright pinks and lime greens.

The wedding and reception will take place on my parents landscaped (park-like) property. My mom owns her own greenhouse & landscaping business.

The Dress:

The dress is being made by a close family friend of ours. She is a professional couture wedding dress creator. She will be making a dress inspired by Maggie Sottero's Rasharna. However the dress will be made in cotton candy pink.

The Invitations:

My graphic design artist friend will be making similar invitations to these cosmos in pink & green.

The Food:

Mr. Groom loves all smoked meat, but LOVES pig. Through a connection, we found a great deal on a man that smokes whole pigs at the reception site. Yay! With that, I have several helpers lined up to serve the rest of the buffet which is green salad, rolls & crock-pot baked beans.

Decorations:

Above the tables and through the trees we are going to hang garlands of pink twinkle lights an Martha Stewart tissue paper pom-poms

Flowers:
For flowers we have lots of options! Ms. Mother in Law's best friend owns a dahlia farm who is offering cut dahlias. As apart of my mothers greenhouse business we also have cosmos, pink hydrangeas, snapdragons and various other options available. The bridal bouquet will most likely be made of pink & white cosmos. The boutonnieres will be made of small pom dahlia's, and the table centerpieces will be potted arrangements of english daisy's. The rest of the flowers, including ceremony & reception will be huge urns, hanging baskets and wreaths of potted flowers.

The favors:
My father sells tree seedlings to the timber industry. We will be giving away baby trees for our guests to plant in remembrance of our celebratory day. We will tie a pretty ribbon & a small card to each tree.

The Details
For our wedding cake topper, we will be borrowing my grandmother's 1920's kewpie doll cake topper to sit on top of our white with pink polka dot cake. The topper is less than 2" tall.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

all cut up
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008 03:17:16 PM »

I love it!  The colours are great together and I love that everything flows.  Make sure you post pics of the wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008 03:22:05 PM »

hey, we're using the same graphic as you did on your save the dates!  everything's so pretty, i wish we could've had a pink wedding Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
pamdelangel
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008 03:23:07 PM »

Wonderful! I looooove the planting a tree idea!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbkang
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008 03:33:30 PM »

Pink & green are my favorite colors...but husband wouldn't go for it...we had forest green & white instead...nice, but not as much fun! Smiley

I love your party favors, those are excellent!!

Congrats to you on your big day.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008 03:34:56 PM by barbkang » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...if you're happy & you know it, knit all day...
*MAR*
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008 03:34:33 PM »

Bright cheerful colours! Love everything! Cosmos are a really refreshing idea for bouquets, I never really thought of them before. That looks great. You really have a foot in the door with all those people in the growing biz! Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
akehurstm
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008 03:38:52 PM »

Ruby Soho - we found our graphic on istock after i saw the save the dates that I fell in love with but can't afford. What color was your wedding?

Arbor Day foundation offers trees including labels for $3.00, but I know that there are lots of other places that offer this. Just search wedding favors... but for the same price, I like that part of my money goes to Arbor Day...
http://www.arborday.org/shopping/gifttrees/GiftTrees.cfm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

unruhlyone

One of a many unruhly bunch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008 03:45:03 PM »

Go pink and green! My DH and I were married last July and our colors were pink and green. The bouquet pic on your inspiration board is actually what my attendants carried. Good luck with all your planning. I love all your ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008 03:53:12 PM »

our is red, black, silver, and white. 

the flowers were black and shades of silver, though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
gannon
Those who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person doing it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008 05:35:34 PM »

What a unique wedding favor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can read this, thank a teacher! 

Visit my blog :  http://clayplaycafe.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Staples to Stock Up on for Work
Have You Ever Looked as Good as Olivia Palermo in a Storm?
Primark Lookbook 2014
4 Date Night Outfit Ideas!
See All the Celebrity Super Bowl Style!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...