A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My "Custard" Craft Room [IMG Obese]  (Read 2201 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 03, 2008 10:34:02 AM »

Because no man has a custard colored room, right?   Wink

In our old apartment my craft room somehow turned into a "crash" room (I blame the futon) so I vowed that in our new house, my craft room would be just that .. my craft room!  No dog kennels, no guest beds, no Army gear pouring out of closets.  So after a weekend of unpacking, organizing, and throwing all of the stuff that I listed above into my husbands "room of stuff", I present my craft room!  Hope you like Smiley

Rounding the corner from the hallway, you know you are entering my space by the Weasley Family clock outside the door Smiley

The view from the hallway (sorry the picture is so dark, but hello natural lighting!!!)

The closet, which houses my rather pathetic yarn stash, various wips and "I will someday do this" projects, an amigurumi hippo that has needed to be pieced together for almost a year now (oops?), and boxes of pictures that I will go through someday .. maybe Wink

Closeup of the sign next to the closet .. my crafting, and life, mantra.  (Also shows the closest actual wall color)

Closeup of my pathetic yarn stash once again .. it was about double the size until Christmas showed up .. stupid Christmas  Tongue

My grandpa was an animator for Disney long long long ago, and he used to make a TON of pictures like this for all the grandkids after he retired.  When my Dad passed away he stopped drawing and painting unfortunately, so this is the last thing he ever made me Sad  It's lovely though isn't it?

Shelving I put up all by myself (er .. sort of) .. top shelf holds various stuffies & ami's, HP related stuff, and my  House Elf and Sorcerer Mickey hat!

Middle shelf holds stenciling stuff (and my Disney pin collection), Bottom shelf holds books, sketchbooks, misc. crap (fabric, stickers, stationary), my Dad's Giants hat (Gooooo Giants!), and a Squirtle in a Pocket Monster's ball my husband gave me when we first started dating <3

My crafting desk (hi Brian!) that will someday hold a sewing machine.  Someday.

My faaaaavorite part of the whole room .. netting lights from IKEA that I very cleverly attached things to that I like looking at.  Cards from my parents & friends, a picture of my Dad, stepmom, & little sisters, and random other things.

Wall next to the desk has 3 shadow box picture frames my best friend Lo made me

Top of my VCR/DVD combo (how ELSE am I going to watch my old BSB videos Tongue) .. sewing kit, jar of pom poms,  harry potter tin full of ribbons/notions/random crap, and mug o' pens/pencils/markers.

My second favorite part of the room .. a martini glass full of buttons & safety eyes.  I just think it looks cool Wink

That's all!  Who wants to come craft with me?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008 10:36:24 AM by MrsGraves - Reason: Pictures work now (I'm an idiot :P) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
Blue Rose
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008 11:07:24 AM »

Looks very neat Cheesy I like the color ^_^
Happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
em0tionalprayer

On a scale from 1 to awesome...I'm the ish!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008 05:46:04 PM »

Okay...
#1 I love your room! I wish I had a room dedicated just to my craftyness!
#2 HP stuff = Awesome
#3 and most important...YAY! Brian!  I lurve him!  I keep telling my boyfriend I am keeping my VCR for a good reason and mine is the same as yours!  YAY BSB!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet an iPad Case
How to Arrange a Nativity Scene
How to Build a Bookcase
How to Build a Bunk Bed
How to Build a Marble Roller Coaster
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...