A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking For Website - Funky Furniture Decorating Ideas  (Read 666 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princess evangeline
« on: January 05, 2008 08:38:09 AM »

Huh
I have been trying to find websites with examples of young, fresh, funky, artsy, off-the-wall, crafty furniture re-decorating ideas and keep coming up empty handed! I have been painting my wood end table, wood shelves..... anything wood and getting creative with my home decor, but I want more ideas.
I'm really into LowBrow Art, Mexican Folk Art, Gypsy style, funky trinkets etc. So far I have done a square table in lemon yellow with a ribbon trim glued around the outer tabletop edge and attached lime green w/ pink polka dot fabric like curtains between the table legs, so that games and books can be stored underneath and not seen. I have done my small dining table in eggplant purple with orange and lime rings painted around the spindle legs and large yellow stars stenciled onto the tabletop in each corner and one in the very middle of the tabletop. I have done an old dining table chair in lime green with turquoise and orange flowers stamped onto the seat and orange rings painted around the back spindles. Also, cut the legs on 2 bar stools to make them shorter and painted one bright pinkish mauve with a silver seat top and one is bright dark purple with a silver seat top and lightly dusted with silver along the legs.
This gives an idea of the look I'm going for. Very artsy, very eclectic, not matching, not HGTV...... but I want to do more. I want diversity, not just painted furniture with stencils or whatever. I want dangles and trim, jewels and tile. I want to feel like I'm living in an art museum or studio. I have my own art all over the house, now I want my furniture to reflect my style......
I am looking for websites or anything, where I can see funky furniture and get more ideas, pull from each what I want and use it in my own way.....
Anybody help me out here? I have tons of furniture left to play with and anything goes!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008 08:57:35 AM by princess evangeline » THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess evangeline
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008 12:47:54 PM »

I guess no one has a clue on this one, thanks anyway, I'll keep searching.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ica171
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008 10:29:55 PM »

Decorating blogs are good places to start, because most of them have tons of links.  I know there are ones that are more suited to what you are looking for, but right off the top of my head you can start at http://decor8.blogspot.com/.  There's also http://www.dominomag.com/ and http://www.livingetc.com/gallery/main.php.  I'm on DH's computer right now (laptop charger's broken so no batteries Sad ) so I can't get to my bookmarks, but I know I have a ton more. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Halo Braid on Short Hair
Graphic Eyeliner at the Custo Barcelona Spring 2014 Show
Perfect Red Lips at the Monique Lhuillier Spring 2014 Show
Anthony Vaccarello Spring/Summer 2014 - Paris Fashion Week
The Best Beauty Vitamins
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...