A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitting classes in syracuse?  (Read 2397 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindseycore

cat lady till the day i die.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 03, 2008 06:47:40 AM »

hi, i'm wondering if anyone has ever attended any good knitting classes around here.  i know the big craft stores (joann's, michaels) offer things like that but i don't know what they're like.  i used to knit when i was little (like 8 years old), my grandmother taught me.  yesterday i decided to pick up some new needles and give it a go again.  i can crochet pretty well, and since i'd done this before i expected to pick it up pretty quickly.  well let me tell you, i spent many many hours yesterday casting on, knitting a few rows, then ripping it out because something somewhere was going wrong.  i've searched the internet high and low and just can't find a solution to my problem. my poor grandmother's eyesight is going (she's 95 years old!) so she doesn't craft all that much anymore, but i'm hoping i can find someone to help me in person and show me where i'm going wrong.  thanks if you've read this far.... i guess, like i said, i'm just wondering if anyone knows of any good (preferably free, or cheap) knitting classes in the area.  thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what i have made: flickr
what i am making: ravelry
what i want: wist

i love personal swaps, especially for handspun yarn
isolt
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008 08:04:36 PM »

when i was looking for a place that had knitting classes besides the usual big box stores i found a place called a yarn for all seasons (I think).  I remember it was 60 dollars, and it was a small shop. I never got the guts up to do it since I have never knitted before, but it seemed like a nice enough place.  I just moved here as well.  I found a link http://www.ayarnforallseasons.net/album1_003.htm

hope that helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Nathan McCall
Jane Costello Talks About My Single Friend
Manny Howard Talks About My Empire of Dirt
Jimmy Gownley Draws Superhero Amelia
The 90-Second Fitness Solution Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...