A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 306,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seija Set and FBB  (Read 1724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sappho
« on: February 02, 2008 07:32:12 PM »

So I got my HH for christmas and finally got around to posting some pictures. I made the Seija Set for my baby niece using Bernat satin and Vanna's Choice (for the pink, because the Bernat satin pinks were too bright for my taste). I loved the colour combinations in the book - as a general rule I like to my own thing but I love pink/brown/white.

My apartment has terrible lighting, but this is pretty close to the colours. The white is creamy, not a crisp white, I quite like it.

And my first FBB. I have coveted this bag since I first saw it and (since discovering SWS) knew I'd make one in Natural Crimson. I got some not bad cotton plaid and the handles at Fabricland. The lining actually matches better than it looks like in the pictures.

And the lining, I used a double thickness for extra fullness in the bag.

Thanks for looking  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008 07:33:36 PM by Sappho » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gatling gun

rockin' out ain't like dustin' crops, boy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008 07:45:38 PM »

aaah, adorable bag!  oh i wish i knew how to crochet.  or had skills enough to convert the pattern to a knit one.  dang lack of skills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.
rillawolf
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008 07:46:47 PM »

Hi Sappho, that set and bag are gorgeous. I started a FBB a while ago, now in the UFO pile. Looking at yours I think I'll go and get me some SWS, it really looks good Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sappho
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008 08:35:55 PM »

Grin Thanks, post pics when you finish it rillawolf. Mine was in my UFO pile too, until I got off my duck and found some lining fabric. I love SWS, it is so beautiful to work with. The only thing I found was the herringbone half-double was hard in SWS, so I just did a regular half-double. I'm barring myself from my buying more yarn until I get a few more projects finished, then I'm buying more SWS for another bag, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008 08:56:21 PM »

Nice! I really like the yarn that you used on the FBB. What brand is it? I just started a FBB the other day. I'm about at line 44. It's just in navy blue though, because that was the color I had on hand. I think tomorrow I'll be going out to get some fabric to line it with, and some handles. And then probably some nice bright yarn to make another one in more springy colors.  Cheesy Good job on the Seija Set too, I made the hat for a Christmas present for my friend, and it worked up really nicely. Of course, I used green, gray, and cream, because it was for a little boy, not a girl.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008 09:33:48 PM »

Smiley How cute! HH is my FAV book for crochet! Nothing else I have even comes close!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
Sappho
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008 09:48:30 PM »

I really like the yarn that you used on the FBB. What brand is it?

The FBB is made with Paton's SWS, in Natural Crimson. It is beautiful yarn, the colours are really rich. If you go to www.patonsyarns.com you can see all the colours etc. I'm eyeing up the natural moss for my next FBB
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008 09:49:01 PM by Sappho » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008 10:10:00 PM »

Both look great! I love the color combos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
ninjanator
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008 10:26:05 AM »

*steals bag*

i have to make that some day Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
zenobia
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008 08:56:50 PM »

Nice Bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...