A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I am a wonderful person, I deserve Love, happiness and success  (Read 13307 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

butterbean
Comptroller of Messes

Puppy juice!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008 09:26:55 AM »

Because I have struggled with self-esteem issues for a majority of my 42 (eek!) years, I totally get your struggle, and think your crafted resolution is a wonderful gift to yourself! 

I have a write up a friend gave me years ago.  It helped me to say it out loud every morning, as an affirmation to myself.  It does contain the word "God" and you can replace that with whatever you see fit, "Universe", "Good", etc., and it still works.

I am the mighty power and joyous love of God in expression.  I always have been.  I picture myself warm, loving, open, prosperous, joyful, confident, calm, healthy, successful, strong, and beautiful.

I am a blessing to all and am blessed by all souls I meet.  I am gentle, kind, and tender with myself regarding mistakes I have made.  I release any feelings of degradation or guilt about these happenings.

Nothing has power over me but God.  I am involved in God, my highest good, at one with my beautiful unique self, the only one of my kind.  I am in line with who I am and my purpose.

Thank you God, for me!

I hope I have given you something that will help you in your quest!  I am sending you thoughts of success in discovering your worth and esteem for yourself.

Hugs to you, you have infinite worth.
Holly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bjarke
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008 11:45:07 PM »

What a great idea! It is a beautiful book, I wish a was able to do things like that. I have a little box with letters, clippings etc. of encouragement, but this is so much better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008 02:01:55 AM »

This is the best resolution out of all of them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blue Rose
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008 05:50:54 AM »

This is absolutely wonderful!!

I'm currently seeing a psychologist to help me with depression and low self esteem issues, and I told her about this one, and that I might do this too.. she said it was a very good idea Cheesy:D

You definitely helped me by giving me this inspiration, so thanks a bunch! <3

Hehe, you may very well set a new trend here ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pine_marten1
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008 02:39:50 PM »

I like your art and I really hope it makes you feel better Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008 07:51:42 AM »

Because I have struggled with self-esteem issues for a majority of my 42 (eek!) years, I totally get your struggle, and think your crafted resolution is a wonderful gift to yourself! 

I have a write up a friend gave me years ago.  It helped me to say it out loud every morning, as an affirmation to myself.  It does contain the word "God" and you can replace that with whatever you see fit, "Universe", "Good", etc., and it still works.

I am the mighty power and joyous love of God in expression.  I always have been.  I picture myself warm, loving, open, prosperous, joyful, confident, calm, healthy, successful, strong, and beautiful.

I am a blessing to all and am blessed by all souls I meet.  I am gentle, kind, and tender with myself regarding mistakes I have made.  I release any feelings of degradation or guilt about these happenings.

Nothing has power over me but God.  I am involved in God, my highest good, at one with my beautiful unique self, the only one of my kind.  I am in line with who I am and my purpose.

Thank you God, for me!

I hope I have given you something that will help you in your quest!  I am sending you thoughts of success in discovering your worth and esteem for yourself.

Hugs to you, you have infinite worth.
Holly

Thank you so much for the write up. It's perfect for my scrapbook

What a great idea! It is a beautiful book, I wish a was able to do things like that. I have a little box with letters, clippings etc. of encouragement, but this is so much better.
Why can't you?
The contents of your box would be a great start to your own Me scrapbook, pictures of projects you have complete would be great also!

This is absolutely wonderful!!

I'm currently seeing a psychologist to help me with depression and low self esteem issues, and I told her about this one, and that I might do this too.. she said it was a very good idea Cheesy:D

You definitely helped me by giving me this inspiration, so thanks a bunch! <3

Hehe, you may very well set a new trend here ;-)

I hope you do give it a try. I have only been working on it for a few weeks and I believe it is making a difference, Being able to take out my Me scrapbook and have a visual confirmation of my accomplishments and positive attributes does wonders for my ego.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008 08:45:41 AM »

I'm really glad I came across this post. Reading your first post was like reading my mind. I always try the New Year's diet and it fails and then I feel bad. I try do some new craft or something and I feel like I messed up, so I get down again. I get very stressed out about school and it makes me even more sad. I've tried journals and things, but when I don't write in them, I feel like I've failed again. Something like this would be so easy-and it wouldn't matter if it sits for awhile. I could add to it when a new inspiration strikes. Thank you for such a wonderful idea-and I'm glad you don't mind if people "steal" it. (:

By the way, your drawings are incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008 07:58:09 AM »

This is wonderful and a really good start, I am working on similar issues and have decided that a crafty approach might help too, so I have started a body appreciation craftalong, to learn to work with the aspects of my body that I like, to start looking for the good stuff about me and not the bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pipsqueakpirate
The Smallest Pirate to roam the Sea

The Mighty Boooooosh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008 11:15:20 AM »

I think its lovely to remind yourself of the fact that you are a wonderful person without having to change anything about the way you look. We almost all have these insecurities and this made me feel a bit better about myself so thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Pipsqueak
iwrite
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008 07:43:21 PM »

this is my favorite project so far =D I think its a wonderful idea to scrap about wonderful you! More people should do it =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently addicted to: Crochet
Want to learn: How to sew clothes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pen and Ink Tutorial: Drawing from Observation
How to Stipple
How to Paint Outdoors
Field Sketching Essentials
How to Use Gouache in your Art
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...