A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I am a wonderful person, I deserve Love, happiness and success  (Read 13296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 02, 2008 11:23:28 AM »

Every New Year's I make a resolution to lose weight but the only thing I seem to be able to lose and keep off is my self-esteem, Dreading the thought of failing at another diet, berating myself and feeling as though I can't  succeed  at anything I do, made me realize that maybe the reason I haven't succeeded at weight loss was because I didn't really believe I deserved to be thin (along with a list of other self imposed mis-beliefs). My self esteem has suffered terribly.

In order to reach my heart's true desires and live my life to it's full potential,  I decided I needed to work on my self-esteem, and Being an  artistic, crafty and highly visual person, I knew that in order to succeed I would need  a hands on, highly visual and artistic craft project, in addition to books on improving self-esteem, positive affirmations and positive self talk.So the Me Scrapbook was born.
But what to put in it?

Pictures of my accomplishments, words of encouragement, positive affirmations, compliments I have received, My talents, my positive personality traits
and anything that is positive and encouraging.

I found this 4"x 6" - 200 photo, Photo  album at a thrift shop to use as my scrapbook.

My talents, illustrated by projects I have created

My personality traits ( all the images on these pages were hand drawn by me)

positive affirmations

My Favorite page, a work in progress

My real iPod, and why the above is my favorite

By using a 4"x6" photo album I can easily take a page with me on days I need to remind myself of what a wonderful person I am
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprinklez
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008 11:33:55 AM »

That's really nice. I hope it makes you as happy as it makes me just looking at the photos. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008 11:52:01 AM »

What a wonderful idea, I hope it works for you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bespectacled
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008 11:56:58 AM »

This is an adorable idea! I love it Grin
And the iPod page is terribly awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
morbidlovexox
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008 11:59:02 AM »

This is such a great idea. you are obviously very talented (dont ever doubt that). I love your drawings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
CrAfTer21
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008 12:26:33 PM »

WOW! Youre such a great inspiration to us all! You are so talented.  I wish I could draw half as well as you.  I love your idea so much.  I know I can be really harsh on myself when I dont do something perfect.  Its good to remind ourselves sometimes that we really are awesome, even if we arent perfect.  Congrats and Good Luck to your new goals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A dream is a wists your heart makes
http://www.wists.com/crafter21
seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008 12:39:22 PM »

Easier said than done, I know, but you have to start believing in your self. You are an amazing artist and hopefully this book will help you on that journey.

You should print of your compliments from this forum and add them to your book!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_christine
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008 02:12:56 PM »

Wow, this is really great!  You have an amazingly beautiful project coupled with some real honesty about your motivation.  Of course you deserve to be thin if that's what you want!  I think you are definitely on the right track to get your self esteem up to a healthy level while you tackle these goals.  Amazing work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008 04:56:51 PM »

What a fantastic book! I have been very slowly working on my own self-esteem issues. Your "me scrapbook" is a great idea - hope you don't mind if I, ahem, borrow the general idea.

I hope you add to this throughout the years and keep reminding yourself how wonderful, talented, creative, artistic and inspirational you really are.

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008 08:28:33 AM »

Wow! I am overwhelmed by such positive responses. Thank you all so much.

You should print of your compliments from this forum and add them to your book!

Thank you seeuudee for the suggestion I am going to do just that

WOW! Youre such a great inspiration to us all! You are so talented.  I wish I could draw half as well as you.  I love your idea so much.  I know I can be really harsh on myself when I dont do something perfect.  Its good to remind ourselves sometimes that we really are awesome, even if we arent perfect.  Congrats and Good Luck to your new goals!
I never intended to be an inspiration, Thank you

What a fantastic book! I have been very slowly working on my own self-esteem issues. Your "me scrapbook" is a great idea - hope you don't mind if I, ahem, borrow the general idea.

QB

Please Do, In the past I have tried journaling  but it feels too much like work, This for me is the perfect solution. I hope it works for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterbean
Comptroller of Messes

Puppy juice!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008 09:26:55 AM »

Because I have struggled with self-esteem issues for a majority of my 42 (eek!) years, I totally get your struggle, and think your crafted resolution is a wonderful gift to yourself! 

I have a write up a friend gave me years ago.  It helped me to say it out loud every morning, as an affirmation to myself.  It does contain the word "God" and you can replace that with whatever you see fit, "Universe", "Good", etc., and it still works.

I am the mighty power and joyous love of God in expression.  I always have been.  I picture myself warm, loving, open, prosperous, joyful, confident, calm, healthy, successful, strong, and beautiful.

I am a blessing to all and am blessed by all souls I meet.  I am gentle, kind, and tender with myself regarding mistakes I have made.  I release any feelings of degradation or guilt about these happenings.

Nothing has power over me but God.  I am involved in God, my highest good, at one with my beautiful unique self, the only one of my kind.  I am in line with who I am and my purpose.

Thank you God, for me!

I hope I have given you something that will help you in your quest!  I am sending you thoughts of success in discovering your worth and esteem for yourself.

Hugs to you, you have infinite worth.
Holly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bjarke
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008 11:45:07 PM »

What a great idea! It is a beautiful book, I wish a was able to do things like that. I have a little box with letters, clippings etc. of encouragement, but this is so much better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008 02:01:55 AM »

This is the best resolution out of all of them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blue Rose
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008 05:50:54 AM »

This is absolutely wonderful!!

I'm currently seeing a psychologist to help me with depression and low self esteem issues, and I told her about this one, and that I might do this too.. she said it was a very good idea Cheesy:D

You definitely helped me by giving me this inspiration, so thanks a bunch! <3

Hehe, you may very well set a new trend here ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pine_marten1
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008 02:39:50 PM »

I like your art and I really hope it makes you feel better Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008 07:51:42 AM »

Because I have struggled with self-esteem issues for a majority of my 42 (eek!) years, I totally get your struggle, and think your crafted resolution is a wonderful gift to yourself! 

I have a write up a friend gave me years ago.  It helped me to say it out loud every morning, as an affirmation to myself.  It does contain the word "God" and you can replace that with whatever you see fit, "Universe", "Good", etc., and it still works.

I am the mighty power and joyous love of God in expression.  I always have been.  I picture myself warm, loving, open, prosperous, joyful, confident, calm, healthy, successful, strong, and beautiful.

I am a blessing to all and am blessed by all souls I meet.  I am gentle, kind, and tender with myself regarding mistakes I have made.  I release any feelings of degradation or guilt about these happenings.

Nothing has power over me but God.  I am involved in God, my highest good, at one with my beautiful unique self, the only one of my kind.  I am in line with who I am and my purpose.

Thank you God, for me!

I hope I have given you something that will help you in your quest!  I am sending you thoughts of success in discovering your worth and esteem for yourself.

Hugs to you, you have infinite worth.
Holly

Thank you so much for the write up. It's perfect for my scrapbook

What a great idea! It is a beautiful book, I wish a was able to do things like that. I have a little box with letters, clippings etc. of encouragement, but this is so much better.
Why can't you?
The contents of your box would be a great start to your own Me scrapbook, pictures of projects you have complete would be great also!

This is absolutely wonderful!!

I'm currently seeing a psychologist to help me with depression and low self esteem issues, and I told her about this one, and that I might do this too.. she said it was a very good idea Cheesy:D

You definitely helped me by giving me this inspiration, so thanks a bunch! <3

Hehe, you may very well set a new trend here ;-)

I hope you do give it a try. I have only been working on it for a few weeks and I believe it is making a difference, Being able to take out my Me scrapbook and have a visual confirmation of my accomplishments and positive attributes does wonders for my ego.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008 08:45:41 AM »

I'm really glad I came across this post. Reading your first post was like reading my mind. I always try the New Year's diet and it fails and then I feel bad. I try do some new craft or something and I feel like I messed up, so I get down again. I get very stressed out about school and it makes me even more sad. I've tried journals and things, but when I don't write in them, I feel like I've failed again. Something like this would be so easy-and it wouldn't matter if it sits for awhile. I could add to it when a new inspiration strikes. Thank you for such a wonderful idea-and I'm glad you don't mind if people "steal" it. (:

By the way, your drawings are incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008 07:58:09 AM »

This is wonderful and a really good start, I am working on similar issues and have decided that a crafty approach might help too, so I have started a body appreciation craftalong, to learn to work with the aspects of my body that I like, to start looking for the good stuff about me and not the bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pipsqueakpirate
The Smallest Pirate to roam the Sea

The Mighty Boooooosh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008 11:15:20 AM »

I think its lovely to remind yourself of the fact that you are a wonderful person without having to change anything about the way you look. We almost all have these insecurities and this made me feel a bit better about myself so thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Pipsqueak
iwrite
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008 07:43:21 PM »

this is my favorite project so far =D I think its a wonderful idea to scrap about wonderful you! More people should do it =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently addicted to: Crochet
Want to learn: How to sew clothes
Jester~Fair
Crafting mischief maker

Llamas are cool =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008 07:52:28 PM »

You did an awesome job and I know it will encourage others. It looks like it was fun to make, I'd like to do one!
 I wish the best for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part redhead, part brunette, all scoundrel =p
KMKMaven
Metalsmith - Jack of All Trades

I never met a craft I didn't want to try

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008 03:12:07 PM »

OMG!  You need to design stickers.  I'm serious.  Your Dryad, Dragon, and Fairy drawings are exquisite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Dragon Tales Cartoon from Sacramento, California
Painting Prehistoric California
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 3/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 2/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 1/3
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...