A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Get Yo Sh*t Together Board  (Read 15577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2008 08:48:07 PM »

I'm not gonna put my project into the vote cuz that would be, like, weird. But I had so much fun with this challenge that I just had to share!

One of my resolutions get a little more healthy this year and to get my apartment/life in order. So for me, this means exercising, drinking more water (why do I hate drinking water?!), taking my vitamins every day, and spending 30 minutes every day organizing (especially my office/craft room). So I had this idea to make something really visual to help me keep track of all the things I want to do every day and of course for it to be fun to look at! So here we go...

I bought a plain white board at Staples and it also is magnetic. In fact it comes with these handy markers which have erasers on the caps and they stick to the white board with magnets.

Then I sectioned off 5 squares at the top with hot glue and rick rack.

Next I sectioned off one more area on the board and added pom pom fringe and ribbon around the edges.

Look how purty!

OK so now my warped logic is hopefully starting to take shape. I printed out labels on clear 8.5x11 inkjet sticker paper and cut 'em out and stuck 'em on.

And now for the fun part. I made magnets using all kinds of kitschy plastic charms and cake decorations I had around. (Um, "had around"... I should say "that I've been hoarding.")

Every day when I accomplish one of the items listed, I will move a magnet to the top section of the board in the square for that day. Here's what it might look like if was on my game at the end of the week! Well, I suppose every one of those darn magnets would be at the top if I've been a really good doobie.

Here I am blatantly faking the board "in use."

And because I know I'm not the only one who wants to see closeups of the magnets, right?

Little bathing beauties whose paint jobs stop inexplicably right below the boobal region.

Funny little bottle charms with labels on them that are clearly not liquids like "haw flakes" and canned salmon.

Yeah. Hot dogs. Nothing says "take your vitamins" like hot dogs.

Happy little gnomes who will surely motivate me to be as industrious as they look.

Thanks for taking a look into my warped world! Cheesy

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 08:49:45 PM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Calebsmama
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008 08:54:12 PM »

LOL! I LOVE this
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mom of two, wife of 1, and owner of two little piggies diaper company
nutfish1
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008 08:55:17 PM »

I love it!!  this is exactly what I need!  I think I'll make one for me!  Grinhttp://
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008 09:02:57 PM »

can I just say I need this desperately?

whered you find such glorious things you used for magnets? i dont know what i laughed harder on, hot dog vitamins, flake and salmon water or the boobed bathing beauties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008 09:08:46 PM »

can I just say I need this desperately?

whered you find such glorious things you used for magnets? i dont know what i laughed harder on, hot dog vitamins, flake and salmon water or the boobed bathing beauties!

Glad you like the idea! Smiley I like to go to old fashioned mom & pop cake decorating stores and pick through their cake toppers. Those "gnomes" are actually part of a whole Snow White and the Seven Dwarves cake decorating set. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
RadioactvUnicorn
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008 09:09:52 PM »

hahaha those charms are darling and hilarious!  I wouldn't be able to skip a day because I'd be so excited to move them up to the top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008 09:10:57 PM »

That's great!  Very fun and colorful.  It's sure to keep your attention and keep you motivated.  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 09:15:55 PM by serendipity_sarah - Reason: » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mintbamboo
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008 09:20:22 PM »

i love those hot dog vitamins  Cheesy

this is giving me ideas for my magnetic dry-erase board, currently full of the black remnants of a week's worth of memos to myself... magnets make things easier, don't they!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
Meralis
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008 09:21:08 PM »

HAHAHA I love this! I think something like your board would even motivate me to accomplish some goals (for example, I have issues drinking tons of water too.  Undecided ) Great work! The hotdogs really made me laugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessimocha
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008 09:23:20 PM »

this is amazing! i would love to be able to play with them all day - a perfect way to make sure you do your exercises, etc! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we will arise from the bunkers,
by land, by sea, by dirigible
we'll leave our tracks untraceable now

[and] hear all the bombs fade away...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Segment Unavailable
Quilt as You Go - Strip Quilt
How to Create Constellation Art
Chance Rides: Kansas Company Stays in the Family Against All Odds
Julie_Vignette_WITH_PreRoll
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...