A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paris for the younger crafty set?  (Read 2071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2008 08:22:57 PM »

hello craftster community, long time no post!
anyway, for my school this year, we're going to Paris. I was wondering:
a) any "must-check-out" places you all could recommend? i know we're going to have down time so i'm hoping to compile a little list of awesome shops, cafes, restaurants, and vintage stores to go to. suggestions? anything retro, edgy, or music-related (or crafty of course!) and i'm totally there.
b) would anyone in Paris care to potentially meet up? as i said, there's going to be extreme down time, but it's kinda tentative, but i thought i would ask regardless. what better way to see Paris than by a parisian craftster?

thanks for your help, guys!
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cicile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008 11:07:08 AM »

I would recommend :

- Rougié et plé, 13 Bd des filles du calvaire, Métro : Filles du Calvaire. A huge variety of different craft supplies such as beads, papers etc...

- Le marché st pierre, 2 rue Charles Nodier. The whole area is dedicated to fabrics stores. I like the atmosphere.

- Junku, 18 rue des Pyramides, Métro : Pyramides. A japanese bookstore with a lot of sewing / knitting / crochet selection. If you are in the area, go also at bouchara, a big fabric store.

- La droguerie, 09 rue du Jour, Métro : Halles. It's a yarn store (very chic and very expensive). If you are in the area, go also in wolf, rue de la grande truanderie (for all things related to vampires ^^) and in the St Denis street, it has a lot of second hand clothing.

- Entrée des fournisseur 8, rue des francs bourgeois (for buttons, beads etc...). But don't go too early in the morning. This place has a lot of chic stores that don't open before 11am !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

parisgirl
I craft for comfort

Alice in Parisland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008 05:32:51 PM »

Bonjour cicile, 

I'm visiting Paris in September and hopefully if time permits, I'll be able to visit one these locations.  Which location has the best yarn?

Merci!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Weddy_in_Paris
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008 02:38:49 PM »

Hi Parisgirl ! La Droguerie has the best choice of yarn (exclusive yarns in great colorways, a dream). Not really cheap, but the skeins are all nicely displayed against the wall of the shop... Yopu have to see that. Yummy ! The shop is always crowded, so if you want to buy something, you'll have to wait... long ! They also have a great choice of beads, ribbons and so on. Plus, it's really in the center of Paris, in the "Halles" (big shopping center) area, so you can find it easily. Have a nice trip ! Smiley Welcome in Paris !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

parisgirl
I craft for comfort

Alice in Parisland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008 12:47:55 PM »

La Droguerie was the best!  I took a picture of all the yarn I bought there.  I was in heaven

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008 12:48:53 PM by parisgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook and Brown Coconut
How to Make Thai Chicken With Rice Noodles
How to Cook Chinese Noodles With Steak
How to Make a Japanese Style Marinade
How to Make Sichuan Mapo Tofu
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...