A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jeans problems.  (Read 1006 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kittymoose
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008 09:27:27 AM »

stacysews- Wow, great link, thanks sooooo much Cheesy

Jensven- I have the same problem. Jeans would fit me well if i were oh, a size 2. But face it, that ain't NEVER gonna happen  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008 09:54:23 AM »

Ok you gave us your outseam, but what is your preferred inseam? I say preferred because I like my jeans to touch the ground while my mother hates hers to. Some jeans places you can find stuff by inseam or if you look at online places of brick and mortar stores sometimes you can find a size chart to say how long the inseam is on certain styles of pants.

As for a needle, these days, any needle weather it be singer or schmetz, should fit in your machine, just make sure you have it facing the right way. You will want a denim needle to sew denim. I like the singer because if you know the code, you can just pick one up and know their use, even if you lost the thing that said what it is for, instead of just knowing the number, which I don't know what number to use with what pattern.
Such as red is for wovens and yellow is for knits. If it has a purple band it is for heavy weight fabrics, such as denim All of that info i on the back of a singer package.

I, personally have never made jeans, but if I were I would make a simpler pair of pants first, out of a bit thinner fabric, just because seams on denim can get bulky. I would also practice a fly front zipper before I tried it on my jeans that would fit me perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymoose
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008 11:45:17 AM »

thesingingllamas - I like if my pants are juuuuuust above touching the ground. (to be honest, i'm not 100% sure how to measure inseam).

I've found a lot of denim needles for singer, and then a generic name that said 'for singer' on the package, thanks for letting me know i can use one in my machine Smiley

For now  I'm going to go through my closet and find all the pairs of jeans I love but never wear because they're too long, and hem them using that tutorial.

Everybody thank you so much, you guys really helped me out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Susannah Cahalan on Her Book "Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness"
Sheryl Brady Presents Her Book "You Have It In You"
Alfie Boe Discusses His Autobiography, "My Story"
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...