A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,249
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chunky Book Page Swap Gallery!  (Read 79198 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1030 on: May 28, 2008 12:04:20 AM »

i have been a craptastic swap partner, i'm sorry alteredmommy, it's taken me MUCH too long to post pics! i'm so totally behind on this thread as well.... there have been way too many amazing pages for me to catch up on!

am sent me this gorgeous page!

detail shot

back

it's so beautiful! and once again (just like when we were tip in partners), we both made our pages the same theme! apparently we're perfect partners! Wink

i wish you guys could see the details - you can totally see the glossy brushstrokes in the swirls on the front, and in the middle they're glittery, and there are three rhinestones (yum!), and the paper she used for the heart itself is GORGEOUS! i love the little tab, with words in several languages collages on, and the lock and key, and the little black safety pin, and those things through the heart that i can't remember the name of! (resisters?) it's so fabulous! thank you so much am!!

oh! and if anyone's interested, i posted clearer pics of the pages i sent minouette and alteredmommy on my blog... today was the day that i finally finished posting pictures everywhere, i was so behind, and i feel awkward posting them here....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #1031 on: May 28, 2008 03:35:59 AM »

Love, love, love that sacred heart AM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
gingerquilts
« Reply #1032 on: May 28, 2008 06:55:31 AM »

Love, love, love that sacred heart AM!

oooh!  Me too.  That's a gorgeous page!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1033 on: May 28, 2008 08:26:58 AM »

Love the heart AM, especially the wire thingemebobs in the heart!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minouette
« Reply #1034 on: May 28, 2008 09:08:43 AM »

thingamabobs = resistors
In fact, she's used high precision resistors. See the gold bands? 2400 Ohms to 5% precision (as far as I can see the stripes). You will all learn to identify basic electronics if you keep swapping with me.  Wink

Looks like a lovely monochromatic design AM! I love the tab as design element and the lock and key especially.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1035 on: May 28, 2008 09:13:07 AM »

So they're not just any resistors, they're special resistors! AM has some good toys! Cheesy

Out of interest, what kind of thing would resistors be found in? Anything household that I can accidentally brake for them? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minouette
« Reply #1036 on: May 28, 2008 10:02:09 AM »

Actually, yes. If you.. er... "accidentally" break many household items you would probably find resistors (especially, early analogue electronics, old tape decks, radios, digital alarm clocks, such things). However, they are quite cheap, especially if you get lower precision or older, larger ones, so you needn't engineer any accidents (say, 10 cents a piece). A resistor is as simple as electronics get. Also, they are in no way dangerous (though, don't let any itty bitty people eat them). Really modern resistors are neither pretty, nor possible to remove from circuit boards without a soldering iron, tweezers and a lot of foul language.

Some older capacitors (see pictures here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor) contain nasty electrolytes. Capacitors are harder to identify as they come in a wide variety of shapes and colours (but will have two leads and will often be marked a number of Farads, i.e 2.5 pF, or 5.0 uF). Stay away from anything which smells bad. If you use the pretty vacuum ones, the audiophile in your life with cry (and that goes double for diodes), so you should not show him or her your creation. If you try to remove resistors from old circuit boards, you will not get nice long leads, which AM used to tie the knots on the heart. Most towns will a junk electronics shop. Here is Toronto, it's Active Surplus. I go to Active Surplus and get electronics of various sorts and go to the counter to pay and I swear, they look at my stash and make up a random number, like $3.57.

After resistors, capacitors are the second most likely thing to find in a circuit. You will also might diodes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode) which look somewhat like the resistors with a single stripe.

And that concludes today's episode of "Ask a Physicist".

Now, for some art from Altered_Mommy:

I think of this as "Create-a-muse/ Create amuse". It's really gorgeous, with layers of paint and texture, little gears on the eyes, stars, dictionary definition of create and the ribbons!! On the back, she sampled a little bit of the paper I marbled and sent here, which goes perfectly with her green paper.

Thank you again, Altered_Mommy! So lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #1037 on: May 28, 2008 10:27:23 AM »

I got the shiny new resisters from skybluepink.com (home of the cool stuff)  Now I wish I would have put some on your page too minuette!   I don't bother with diss-assemblage because a. the end wires are too short/its really fussy and b. my kid (saviour of all that is old and junky) freaks out when I take stuff apart.  I need to go find a junk electronics store......

I also wanted to note that I "borrowed" the cool safety pin idea from a lovely page I received from OY in a little side swap Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: May 28, 2008 10:39:55 AM »

Thank you minouette (Resident Physicist)! I'll have to look up an eletronics store round here Grin

Another lovely page AM, I love the layered background!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #1039 on: May 28, 2008 02:47:56 PM »

What wonderful pages! so many and all so very cool!!!

here is the page I got from Katxena - front page - just love it - love the layers of color and the image!

and the back - how cool is this!

What I sent Katxena - front

back

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
How to Prepare Homemade Lo Mein
Korean BBQ Braised Oxtails Recipe
Perk Up Your Afternoon With a Glass of Thai Iced Tea
How to Make a Cambodian Coconut Shrimp Sandwich
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...