A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
304 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap Rd 11 - discussion  (Read 25770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2008 04:42:55 PM »

cute towel..the other way would have been too creepy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cookies
« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2008 07:30:57 PM »

That towel is great!   Cheesy  I'd just hang it up on the wall as it is.

PW - Let me check my knitting needle supply, I think size 8 might be the size I was needing.   Wink  (as if I really need any more knitting needles, lol, since I suck at knitting!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2008 11:55:46 AM »

I totally love that towel!  Cheesy

Thanks for all the links to cool stuff for Owen! He is feeling better today, but I might keep him home yet tomorrow. It looks like we are in for another ice storm.  Roll Eyes

If we get a warning for ice tomorrow, I'll close up shop till it is safe to go out without landing on my butt. Just a "heads up" in case you wanted to claim something. Not that I've added anything new yet. Smiley The weather could potentially shut me down for days, or even weeks if we ended up with power outages from ice. What scares me about tomorrow is that there are supposed to be thunder-ice storms in the mix, and those can dump a lot of ice quickly. In Joplin, a city of 50,000 people, there was no power for a week or more in many city neighborhoods from the Dec. 2007 storm. Icy thunderstorms caused that.

[vent] I am so sick of these storms. The January and December ice storms last year wiped out everything, and I mean everything, we made on our rentals for the whole year 2007, and then some. We are not out of the red yet, and here comes another one. ::tired::
If your SO's ever get the idea to invest in rental property, tell them LaughingLark screamed "No! NO! Run for the hills!".  Cheesy Usually things go okay, but when they go wrong, they tend to go wrong in clusters. [/vent]

Today Owen and I are weaving. My oldest boy brought home a pizza from the gig he did last night, and I took the top of the box, cut a big circle, notched it, and warped it for Owen, and started the weaving. We are doing a freeform sunbursty-looking thing, and Owen is working on the rays. Once it is done, I'll put fringe around it and hang it up. It's very cheery so far. Owen is choosing all the colors. I think that next time, if we make another, I will spongepaint the cardboard a nice color before we start, since it will show through the finished piece.

Owen did most of the rays. He's only seven, and he is learning fast.  Smiley

Heh! I seem to be gravitating towards crafts I did as a child in the mid-seventies. I made a bunch of these circle weavings when I was in sixth grade. And Owen wanted to learn weaving. I think freeform weaving is better for him at first, since he can't do it "wrong". Mistakes are part of the design.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2008 12:57:26 PM »

That is so cool, LL! I used to love craft days with my mom when I was little. I hope the storm is not too rough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happychick
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2008 02:41:58 PM »

I'm making one of those huge twirly patchwork skirts that there have been a few posts about recently, so I thought I'd show dropdeadsuzie that I'm using her fabrics already! The big skull and the clothes on the washing line  are both scraps I bought from her, although they're interfaced so that they aren't stretchy...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2008 02:47:00 PM »

I posted new ring items for 1 point in my shop.
You can choose any letter from A-Z to be put on the ring! 
If you are not digging the green, I also have a Beige neutral color for the background.

It's a nice day out, perhaps I'll head outdoors!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2008 05:19:32 PM »

Happychick, that skirt looks really fun to make! Can't wait to see it done.  Smiley

Well, our winter storm watch has been upgraded to a warning. Since it could fall as ice where I am, I'm going to close for a while. Hopefully it'll fall as snow. Snow is not a big deal, and won't keep me home, or even really bug me at all. Or knock down trees and power lines. Ice is a whole 'nuther matter, though. One thing I miss about Wisconsin is that highly destructive ice storms are more rare that far north. They can happen, and be very bad, but not as often as what we have been getting in southern Missouri. I'm closing in case I lose power or internet from the weather. Maybe I can get something new done and up in my shop for when I reopen.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2008 07:30:49 PM »

Winter storms!  Ick!  it is 10 below here and I'm freezzing my "you-know what" off!

After church, the kids convinced me to take them to a "Swarm" game.  The "Swarm" is our professional lacrosse team.  They had gone with some freinds last week and scored some free tickets for today.   How nice of them to invite me along on the coldest day of the year!  Anyhow, it was really fun...really vicious... but really fun!  They went into sudden death overtime and ended up winning!  Chipotle sponsored the game so everyone in attendance get free guacamole and chips!  Sounds good...

I got out the clay last week and played for awhile.  Not that I have a lot of time lately, with my husband overseas, but I like to try new things.  Anybody into incense?  I made the following incense holders:

I still need some practice working with clay, so I am going to list them for 1 point.  I will even throw in a stick of incense!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224407.msg2426401#msg2426401
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008 07:31:25 PM by bkrenning4 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2008 08:40:22 PM »

LL, I hope you don't get iced in! We had a year of incessant ice storms when I was in high school - we missed so much school that they added 40 minutes to each day for the rest of the year. There is actually a small chance of rain here tomorrow, I can't remember the last time it rained - maybe a brief shower in September?

I added those knitting needles to my shop - probably ought to find some more half point items. Maybe I'll felt some easter eggs. I get a break from theater stuff until Friday, so I'm planning a bit of a felting binge. Two projects are currently drying on the rack, here is a pic of one before the felting process:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2008 09:20:29 PM »

Cool incense holders, BKR!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
NYC Street Fashion
New York Style For Men
What Jeans to Buy in New York
How to Dress Casual Yet Chic
How to Shop Soho Street Vendors
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...