A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap Rd 11 - discussion  (Read 25772 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cookies
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2008 12:48:14 PM »

If I were to embroider some dishtowels...would owls be popular?   Wink

(pics from a purse I stitched a couple years ago)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2008 12:53:42 PM »

Ummmmm, that first owl is frickin' adorable!!!! I'd definitely purchase one of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nosusanfx
« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2008 01:06:10 PM »

i'm on an owl kick lately. both owls look fabulous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2008 02:11:06 PM »

Speaking of hot dogs ...ok, that was a page ago but humor me Wink ...I have the oddest linen towell I got at a thrift shop in London a few years ago. It starts at the top with a weiner dog then he morphs into a hot dog, in several steps, until he is a hot dog in a bun at the bottom of the towell. It is vintage so it has a quirky charm about it, but it sure is strange. I've never figured out anything good to do with it because even hanging it over a towell rack doesn't work because you only see half the design that way. I'll have to take a picture for y'all and see if you have any ideas.

BTW- your owls are cute, cookies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2008 02:18:18 PM »

Speaking of hot dogs ...ok, that was a page ago but humor me Wink ...I have the oddest linen towell I got at a thrift shop in London a few years ago. It starts at the top with a weiner dog then he morphs into a hot dog, in several steps, until he is a hot dog in a bun at the bottom of the towell.

That is somewhat disturbing - and definitely odd   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2008 02:43:03 PM »

Wow, sounds fun...and strange...I think we definitely need to see that to get the full effect! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2008 08:32:14 PM »

Hmmm, sounds like it needs to be a pillowcase!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpleone
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2008 03:15:39 AM »

I'm intrigued by that hotdog towel pinkanddinky!

New things and price reductions in my shoppe Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224407.msg2447413#msg2447413
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2008 08:40:04 AM »

How fun, P&D! It sounds like something I might put behind a frame and hang in my kitchen.  Cheesy A pillowcase would be fun, too.

I knid of disappeared from the thread a couple days ago. Owen woke up yesterday with a rash and a fever, so we took him to the doctor. Poor guy has strep throat again. The rash, however, is a mystery. It looks just like chicken pox, but he's had the vaccine for that, and no one around here has it right now to give it to him. At any rate, the strange rash seems better today, and he's more chipper in general.

I'll be looking up some cardstock models--probably cars for Owen-- to print out later on today, so he can cut them out and play quietly till he's feeling better. If I find some great links to cardstock models, do you guys want me to post links? I found a whole bunch of paper doll links once. Would some of this stuff be fun for making into altered art crafts (to keep us on topic)? Crazy vintage paper doll ATCs? Cheesy I print the models on 110lb cardstock, and that works pretty well for Owen's stuff.

Here is a "fractal fidget" to print, for example.  It'd be fun to glue sparkly crap all over them, or maybe resize them and hide small easter gifts in them. I did that one year. Smiley
http://www.ss42.com/pt/fractle/fracdo.html

Today will be an internet-hunting and playing with kids day, so I don't know what I'll get crafted, but I'm starting to get my mojo back. I have ideas to sketch out for when I have the time to make them. Yay! Smiley

Speaking of hot dogs ...ok, that was a page ago but humor me Wink ...I have the oddest linen towell I got at a thrift shop in London a few years ago. It starts at the top with a weiner dog then he morphs into a hot dog, in several steps, until he is a hot dog in a bun at the bottom of the towell. It is vintage so it has a quirky charm about it, but it sure is strange. I've never figured out anything good to do with it because even hanging it over a towell rack doesn't work because you only see half the design that way. I'll have to take a picture for y'all and see if you have any ideas.

BTW- your owls are cute, cookies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2008 10:47:01 AM »

I had a link to a really cool website with printable foldy doo-hickeys (technical name) that would probably be right up your alley...
let me try to find it...

Ok, I couldn't find the one I was looking for, but I did dig up this one, altough it's not especially young kid friendly, I dont think... lol
http://ravensblight.com/papertoys.html

But there was a really cute site with printable toys (like firetrucks, dogs etc) that looked roundish and cartoony, with faces and the like.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about???

Ok, there's this one too: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/paper_craft.html
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008 11:10:48 AM by Legerdemain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Recycled Papier Mache Piggy Bank
Amazing Watermelon Carving Creations
How to Make an Ocean in a Bottle
Proenza Schouler Creates Easy Tie Dye Scarfs
Pretty Savvy: Vacation Memory Cuff
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...