A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Pyramid Bag  (Read 119587 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , gift_wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2008 10:12:18 PM »

I know this thread is quite old, but I just found it (I'm slow Cheesy ) and wanted to share the very first one I have ever made!

Found a quarter flat sitting around and bought a matching zipper.

It's not lined, but it is interfaced.

In use.  I have really geeky friends who would love a 4-sided die shaped bag Cheesy  In fact, hubby has claimed this one for himself but is requesting one with numbers on it to more closely resemble a die.

Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial, and thanks to everyone who elaborated on it Smiley  Next time I might be brave and try to line it.  I'll have plenty of practice since I know what my friends will be getting this Christmas.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smacckk

Don't count the days, Let the days count for you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2008 05:05:06 AM »

I know this thread is quite old, but I just found it (I'm slow Cheesy )

I just saw this for the first time today (so I'm even slower) and I decided I needed one! So I started cutting and sewing and now it's done! Will post pictures when I get a chance. Thanks for the tute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will trade for Winter 2008 issue of Stitch Magazine aka The One With The Skirts Grin

Check out my wists!
tenshinoyo
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2009 12:25:13 AM »

I found this thread a about a year ago. I am now ready to try this tutorial but I can't figure out how to get the pouch smaller. I would like all the sides to be 3.5" each. Any suggestions? TIA
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love to do swaps for Hello Kitty fabrics & sewing patterns, crochet patterns and etc. I also am almost always looking for Hello Kitty fabrics to buy
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2009 08:30:33 AM »

I found this thread a about a year ago. I am now ready to try this tutorial but I can't figure out how to get the pouch smaller. I would like all the sides to be 3.5" each. Any suggestions? TIA
(This is IMO)
The long side is twice the length of the short side.  Plus, you need to add in your seam allowances.  So with .5" seam allowances your fabric should measure 4.5x9.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2009 08:19:00 PM »

So I made one using recycled material and zipper from jeans.  I'm having trouble making the top of the zipper close nicely.  It wants to balloon out and I have to tuck the extra back in.  Is it just because it's a metal zipper?  Do I just need to cut it off closer to the seam?  Any help is welcome.

And my husband also loved the idea of this for a dice bag.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
junelegs
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2009 06:59:32 PM »

I just read the message from your blog about a pyramid purse instructions. I was just
searching the net and found pattern instruction for this purse at LivingCreatively.co n.
Hope this can be of help to the person who inquired about it.
Junelegs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rauni
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2010 06:59:16 PM »

Here's my version, thanks for the tutorial!

Rauni

Closed:

Open:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
tramca
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2010 02:22:05 PM »

I am loving everyones bags. The colours and patterns are lovely!

I'm on a night out at the weekend, and need lots of pink accessories. I don't own a pink bag, and it wasn't something I wanted to buy, as I'm not a pink person, so I wouldn't use a pink bag again. I rummaged through my scraps, and came up with this. I used iron-on interfacing to stiffen the bag lining a bit, as the pink stuff is very flimsy. Also my machine refuse to play nice, so I had to hand stitch from start to finish.
It's only holding a small purse, mobile phone, and ciggarettes, so should hold up for the night!

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/13/34/89/18/th/100_7210.jpg

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/13/34/89/18/th/100_7211.jpg
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011 08:57:13 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
almira
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2012 12:38:29 AM »

I know this post is some years old.  But here is a tutorial for making this bag in a coin purse size.  I'm sure you can adjust the measurements to make it bigger...

http://sewmesomethinggood.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-sew-coin-purse.html

almira
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...