A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Pyramid Bag  (Read 121117 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , gift_wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006 02:48:19 PM »

jennyleigh-

These are awesome! I love your fabric choices, too! I had toyed with the idea of making these as gifts for my friends' daughters, but I chickened out. I made another bag instead (or I'm in the process of making them- they are all cut out- now I just need to sew them!), but I'm only making 7.

But, you've inspired me to try to make a lined pyramid bag. My first one was un-lined and I had some troubles with that (probably didn't help that I was sick and under the influence of cold medicine at the time Cheesy !)

I'll definitely have to re-visit the pyramid bags as a project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006 07:47:51 PM »

Thanks!  I had fun making these.  When things slow down after Christmas I may attempt to make some mini versions.

Can you believe the only thing I had to buy for these was the mini biner clips?  I even had zippers on hand from a huge lot I bought on ebay.  The fabric was in my stash and came from the $1 table at Wally World.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cascioli
meow mix

diana, professional cat herder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2006 07:13:11 AM »

I've been making small armies of these. They are usually pretty tiny, and I put them inside of purses that I've made for friends. I think they work well for a small pouch for lip balm, tampons, change, etc.

I've also figured out a super fast and easy way to do a lined version. I can crank a bunch out pretty quickly.

Here are some of the ones I've done recently (including some Halloween-themed ones from October):
http://meatboot.com/pyramid/1.jpg
http://meatboot.com/pyramid/2.jpg

edited to move pictures to another server. evidently flickr is being a pain  Sad
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011 08:56:58 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007 08:37:01 AM »

Hey, to those of you who have made this with a lining, do the two seams show inside? After sewing the zipper sandwich-style, in other words, do you sew across the tops of the two fabrics, know-wut-I-mean?

I made a couple, without even trying to put in a liner. The one on the left was my test attempt -- you know how sometimes you can read something as many times as you want, but it simply won't make sense until you actually DO it? The instructions are super-simple, but I really did need to see it in three dimensions. I used a light interfacing to help give it body. Worked nicely.

Then I made the one I really wanted, which is the black one on the right. I used marine vinyl for the body, which is heavy enough to stand easily on its own. Did a little decorative red topstitching and added mother of pearl studs which I just received from the supplies swap (thanks, Laughing Lark!). The wrist strap is cannibalized from a $3 resale purse. (I was wearing an all red and black outfit.)

-Dorion
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007 10:16:07 AM by Dorion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cascioli
meow mix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2007 05:20:03 PM »

Hey, to those of you who have made this with a lining, do the two seams show inside? After sewing the zipper sandwich-style, in other words, do you sew across the tops of the two fabrics, know-wut-I-mean?

here's a close-up of one of mine:

none of the seams show, except one tiny little corner where i turned it right-side-out and did a tiny bit of topstitching on the inside lining. the zippers don't have any topstitching on them, either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2007 06:56:14 PM »

Cascioli, I meant on the inside. All the seams are contained? I haven't tried it, but I guess I'm a little thornw off because the outer and inner are one piece each instead of two like you'd normally have with a lined zippered pouch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cascioli
meow mix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007 03:55:15 PM »

ah, sorry. I do have one tiny spot inside where I turned everything right-side-out where you can see a tiny bit of seam (less than 1"), but it's in a corner, so it's not very noticable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007 04:34:27 PM »

Gotcha. I think I either need someone to give me a quick walk-through on how to do a lining on this bag or... just do it myself. Something isn't coming together in my brain.

-Dorion
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftMomNancy
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007 06:45:42 PM »

I haven't made one yet but someone on the boards mentioned using bias tape  to cover the inside seams. I think that sounds like a neat and quick way to give it a lining.HTH
Nancy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007 11:53:47 PM »

I haven't made one yet but someone on the boards mentioned using bias tape  to cover the inside seams. I think that sounds like a neat and quick way to give it a lining.HTH
Nancy

bias tape... sounds like a good idea..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Patriotic Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Walnut Bread Recipe
Techniques for Perfectly Frosting Your Cake
How to Put Icing on a Cake
Cupcake Masterclasses: Working with Sugarpaste
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...