A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How Far In Advance?  (Read 1637 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008 10:18:42 AM »

yay, thanks MAR!  i'm overwhelmed by the tissue options, now... do i want a roll?  what size do i want?  argh, decisions. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
*MAR*
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008 10:30:55 AM »

I found that the standard size of tissue was the easiest to work with. I wish they made it in perfect squares, because it would save so much time! But, you could probably save even more money if you got a roll and cut them yourself, you can get through a ton of layers in just one cut! If you have some tissue laying around, make a practice pom, and see how you like it, then go from there with your ordering. Nothing worse than having 1000 useless pieces of tissue (or anything) laying around your house! ha ha.

Were you able to find the colours you were looking for? White should be easy enough, but sometimes red can be tricky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008 10:35:22 AM »

the second link you gave me had red in packs of 48 pieces of tissue for $3.50...  which seemed like a pretty good price.  i'd probably order white from there, too, to save on shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008 08:20:56 PM »

I still need to do mine too, but was worried about where to store them, I didn't even think about doing the whole thing except the fluffing!  great idea, maybe that'll be another weekend project!

I am lucky (or not) and live VERY close to the Mexico border, I got sheets of crepe paper in turquoise.  I made paper flowers out of it before and it's much sturdier than tissue paper. I'm anxious to see how the pom turn out.

I also have lots of other colors, I may have red, it was not dark enough for me to use.  You are welcome to it if you want it.  pm me if you're interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008 08:16:42 AM »

ooh!  yay!  i'm pm-ing right away, rhettsmommy Cheesy

thank youuu!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TeriLynn
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008 09:09:45 AM »

Paper Mart (papermart.com) - I got red tissue, 20x26 (I think that's standard size) for $14.44 for 250 sheets. Total with shipping was $27.63 because it was a small order. You could save more by It was a good, decently dark red, and I didn't trim it down to square with no problems- they still worked out round.
Also, the good part of putting them together but not fluffing them is that you can usually sucker someone ELSE into doing it on the day of! My niece & nephew, and all my new inlaws handled that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TeriLynn
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008 09:14:55 AM »

oops- forgot to finish a line in there- you could save more by ordering more. I bought last August and haven't gone back, so I don't recall what else they had, besides tissue in every color of the rainbow. My wedding purchasing was sporadic & scattered!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zarafa
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008 09:50:39 AM »

i was thinking about making these as well to hang up in our tent but i've wavered back and forth about whether they will look out of place. they make me think of flowers and we're doing more of a fall theme.  but i guess if they are brown and orange and cream it should look ok. 

i haven't really looked into how to make them (i tore the instructions out of MS Wedding but haven't read it).  Do you get one pom-pom per sheet?

ETA: nevermind, i looked it up  Grin i'm very wedding-productive when i should be studying instead

rhettsmommy, i'd be interested to know how the crepe paper works for the pom-poms as well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 10:19:53 AM by zarafa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008 10:30:57 AM »

yes, me too.  I'l try to at least get one done to see how they turn out.  The flowers looked great, so hopefully the poms will too
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mylasbags
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008 06:59:19 PM »

Ruby Soho -  good to see someone else using Brown Ivory and Orange too. I am using daisied like you... gerbera daisies. I will try to post some pics of some of the items that I have done. I still have to finish printing my invites and assembling them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live, Love, Laugh.. it's what I do!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Aperture Priority (Av) Function
Canon G10: Set for Sunset Scene
Canon G10: Set for Sports Scene
Canon G10: Set for Product Photography
Canon G10: Set for Portrait Scene
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...