A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My body is wonderful-craftalong  (Read 3897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008 06:59:25 AM »

Those aren't stretch marks.  They're badges of honor.  Smiley  (My 9 pound baby boys didn't give me stretch marks.  My 7 pound baby girl gave me a whole belly full. I still haven't figured that one out.) 

What kind of craft are you thinking of for your belly (I'm having a hard time coming up with something)?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008 06:59:59 AM by Muria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008 04:58:31 AM »

Kookaloo_Starr  oh wow that is really cool! I love it, and I love the idea of your belt, something to adorn your belly and celebrate its wonderfulness.

Muria I am having a hard time coming up with something, beyond that I want it to be round, I was thinking of how my belly has grown and nurtured two kids and it is soft so i was thinking in terms of a quilt or a throw, But it needs to be round to reflect the feminine curves. But then I was also thinking of the concept of layers, layers of meaning, layers of time and emotion, layers of relationships, different people who have touched and caressed my belly from my kids to my lovers, and to the parents who took care of me too.

So I am having a hard time coming up with something that reflects all that, I got as far as a circular quilt that has a spiral pattern, radiating from the centre to mark the journey of all those layers (and patchwork to reflect different experiences and different times in my life) but I have no idea how to do a crazy patchwork circle/spiral!!

As I type this I'm starting to think I might just do a crazy patchwork and layer like mad, keep working on a circular background until I am happy with it..hmm, When I was pregnant I had stretch marks that curved right up around my belly to my navel and a little beyond (its the freckled celtic skin!) it looked like flames and I love the phrase 'fire in the belly' so I'd like to incorporate that too,

But perhaps it doesnt need to be totally planned to start, that its in the working 'blind' that the magic of the unconscious comes in.

OK I've decided I'll start tonight!

koo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookelynne
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009 02:06:29 PM »

Is it to late to hop onto this craftalong? 
I'm just now coming out of a pretty longish crafting slump and coincidentally I suffer from BDD and I am having a fairly massive attack this week.
The tummy is one of my big panic areas, so maybe crafting something honor it would help me see it in a different light.

I was thinking maybe a beach bag or market tote with a plushy squishy tummy aplique on it... I don't know, I'll play around with the idea a little and see if that is even within my skillset. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009 05:25:58 PM »

I think this is a lovely idea! I've been sick with mono and a variety of other ailments for about 4 months, and as a result have gained some weight, on top of the weight I had already gained from college and going from a decently active job to a sit at a desk all day job. So I've been down about my looks. I'm finally feeling like I might could exercise a little, but I'd like to feel good about my self regardless. I'm not sure what crafts I'll come up with, but the wheels are turning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
brookelynne
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009 07:30:37 PM »

Ok!
I was so inspired by finding this thread that I went straight home and made a little tote for groceries to honor my belly, squishy and all!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298004.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009 01:53:21 AM »

hey brookelynne that is brilliant. I love the bag and the intent behind it is fabulous.

I didnt get my quilt made, instead I made a shrine to how women feel about our bodies... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292198.msg3374414#msg3374414

but I need to start working on crafts that celebrate us..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009 11:02:50 AM »

i would be really REALLY into this if we could get it off the ground!  and as long as its okay for something to be whole-body rather than just one area each time - like, i am absolutely baffled as to what i would do for my belly, but if for body parts we were stumped on, it would be okay to do a whole-body thing, i'd be groovy!

i am a BIG girl and ive always struggled with my weight, but when i got sick three years ago, i started putting on the pounds and then started having to take pills that PACKED on the pounds and here i am, 120 pounds heavier.  im working on taking some off sloooooowly (i cant do much physically, so its a difficult process), because i need to take some off to be healthier.  but i know im never going to be where i once was and i really need to work on being okay with that and even being okay with my body now - losing weight because i LOVE my body and want it healthier, not losing weight because i hate my body.

so im all for it!!  i know i could use inspiration and support in learning how to love my body, fat rolls and all!  (thankfully, as i was thinking about my HUGE belly, i do come equipped with a husband who has loved me without fail through all that weight gain and still peppers my belly with kisses the way he used to!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.alwaysbeenastorm.com')
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009 11:47:36 AM »

This craftalong is about any part of your body that needs some crafty love! Any or all. I'd love to see what you come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookelynne
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009 01:26:06 PM »

The shrine is beautiful! I think it expresses well what a lot of us feel. 

I can't wait to see what other crafts people come up with!

I don't know if it's too early to move onto my thighs, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do Smiley
Not an exact idea of what it is going to be, but I want whatever I do for my thighs to feature an okapi. http://www.hedonistic.org/animimag/okapi.htm

Good luck to everyone crafting along! I can't wait to see the results Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009 10:52:11 AM »

I love this idea.I too have body issues.I'm going through a tough time with a lot of issues.And it doesn't help when your stress meter is through the moon.The only time I ever lose weight is when I'm sick.But then I gain it all back.I just need to do crafts that will motivate,inspire me to exercise.I'm over 100 lbs. overweight.And I hate the way I look/feel.It sure doesn't help when my dh harps about my weight.I've always been put down on how I look/and or weight.If I can get motivated enough tostart exercising again (90th time).I know I'll lose the weight.I usuallydon't eat sweets but I don't eat enough healthy food either.I'll have to put on my thinking cap to see what I can come up with to craft.Maybe a inspirational journal,a exercise log/journal,a beaded bracelet to keep up with how much weight I lose.Hmmm I'll keep thinking.How about these ideas.First get a medium glass bottle then add sayings,quotes,etc that encourage,and makes you proud of your body.Second a beaded bracelet that has movable beads that you move around the bracelet as you meet your goals.Third I'm thinking about doing a painting about how I feel about myself.Fourth a felt doll.On one side what I hate/loathe about my body.On the other the positive about my body.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009 05:21:39 PM by anitacj » THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Vegeta
How to Draw Vaporeon
How to Draw Tyson Granger
How to Draw Tony Chopper
How to Draw Tomoki Sakurai
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...