A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bargain Hunter Swap Round 4  (Read 10992 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2008 09:26:38 AM »

Oh. My. Gawd. I just picked up the package from craftydeb...I'm speechless! What a wonderful package!! My tyke's not here yet, so no action shots until later, but WOW! She totally nailed it on so many levels: bargains, personality, and especially the projects. Did I mention what a great package she has Wink ?!  Cheesy

I was giggling at the post office and wanted to just rip it open there...but I managed to make it home before carefully opening the package...okay, only because it was taped so well that I needed the kitchen shears!

Now that I'm writing this out, I'm wishing I'd taken pictures of the layers in the box instead of removing items and then taking pictures.  Roll Eyes

First up, a tiara-to-be! The embroiderd star - craftydeb gave detailed instructions about how to attach it to a headband so I can wear it proudly! It totally reminds me of wonderwoman! yowza!

Then: freecycle fabric for my uglytotes! I make grocery/book totes out of sad, unfortunate fabric that would otherwise be clogging the landfill - usefull from useless. There's enough here for at least eight bags!! There's also a *huge* bag full of ribbons and lace. Huge. Full of stuff.

Lots of loot for my tyke, too!

There are empty spice jars and an oj bottle for my tyke's kitchen! She will go bonkers over this stuff! Oh, I almost forgot: there are seeds in one of the jars!! We are so going to have some gorgeous plants!

And a book full of train stickers! Plus, as you can see, the cutest little appliqued train on a t-shirt for L!! (action shots soon) It is so flipping cute! The weather here is totally dreary today, so there's no way to get a good picture yet, but this is so *cute*!

Then, the piece de resistance (pardon my (poor) french)! This book is just so unbelievable! It' a fabric book with a super cute train theme! Here are all the pages:

You cannot believe how cute and colorful this is. It's just too cute! L is so into trains -- she will be beside herself. I cannot wait for her to see this!

My poor photography "skills" in no way do justice to the awesome work! Thank you craftydeb!

QB, receiver of *the* *best* swap package *ever*

I simply cannot get that book picture to flip. gah.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 09:34:39 AM by QuiltersBlock » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2008 09:36:38 AM »

I was soooo worried that the book would be under her!

Don't forget there are seeds and seedlings inside those jars - go plant those seedlings before they dry up!!!!
the seeds of course wait til after last frost!

Whew!
Relief!!
Here are the totals..
ugly fabric - free from freecycle
bag of lace - 99cents from Value Village
denim - 50cents
batting 50cents from Hancocks - 40% off sale!
sticker book - $1 - dollar store
tshirt - $1 dollar store
thread - $1
jars - was going to go to the recycling bin
seeds - purple hyancinth bean seeds from my yard
Leaf of Life babies - free from my bathroom!
tiara piece - left over from a trial sew out from Collin's birthday party last year Grin It was going to get trashed and I am so glad I saved it now!

The machine embroidery designs I used on the book were freebies from Stitchitcheap.com for anyone that machine embroiders... they are in the embchatnfreebies.ya hoogroup
I am thinking of entering the pics I took in their current contest... the theme is spring so I am going to call it a spring train book and see if I can get away with that stretch!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 09:38:50 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
oohmybees
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2008 09:37:29 AM »

Wow, that train book is adorable!!!  I see what took you so long Deb.  What a great package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2008 09:39:41 AM »

I am totally happy dancing right now.  It was such a fun project.  I am wanting to make tons more of them now!!
Okay - more like design my own and put them up on that website that I keep threatening to open Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2008 10:41:43 AM »

I am totally happy dancing right now.  It was such a fun project.  I am wanting to make tons more of them now!!
Okay - more like design my own and put them up on that website that I keep threatening to open Cheesy

You totally should! The book is so much cuter than my gacky photos show. They'd be a huge hit!

oh, and I haven't forgotten the seeds/seedlings...they are safely set on our countertop until the resident green(er) thumb (my hubby) gets home. He'll be so stoked! He's got containers ready for other seeds, so these will be planted/started indoors tonight.

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2008 11:22:27 AM »

i love the appliqued train and the train book! so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2008 02:48:24 PM »

Grin Deb does it again  Shocked awesome job see I told you everyone would love it.

Your parcels are always the best Deb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2008 02:56:24 PM »

I am a toymaker at heart - and I guess that just fit right in with the whole kids stuff!  I have great plans for more.. I can't wait!  I am just stoked and want to do it now but I know I need to do other things first.... Right now I have a stuffie pattern in the works for the site. I hope to get it done by the  end of the night and typed up tomorrow so that David can start playing with it on the site... His goal is April I think to get it all up and running.... I need to catch up on content now!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
mommys little badass

A life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2008 02:59:48 PM »

FAB stuff everyone!

I am so impressed with all the bargains and all the amazing crafting going on here.

I'm looking forward to the next round! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2008 06:14:30 PM »

I got my package in from QuiltersBlock today - and she really did a bang up job with this package!  I dont' have pictures yet but I have to rub it in a bit...
I got some seriously cool loot!  She made my boys each a duffle bag for going to grandma's house - I will get action shots - Collin's eyes went HUGE when he saw his!  Logan hasn't been feeling too hot and didn't even get to see his yet but it is sooo him - green!  She also sent me a journal which will come in handy - I go through lined books fairly regularly with my designing - and it sure is nice to design in style!

Apparently QB thinks I will be good at needle tatting and sent me a slew of books, thread and all the goodies to go with it - plus a learn to needle tat book in there - I am not sure if she went through that goody bag or not but it even has a package of notecards in there with envelops and a tatting pattern in each one!
Things for the boys.. things for me and a great big D for me to put on my craft room door - which is very appropriate!
oh and a ring kit for making a beaded crocheted ring.. and a mug for me to hold some tools in and marbles just in case I lost mine Grin and a checkbook cover that was suggested I could use it for receipts - funny thing was I looked at it and said hey, this would be awesome to hold receipts in my purse - and it really is perfect.
okay. now I am just gushing on.  dang sunlight went away and I know better.  My camera takes lousey pictures after dark. It's a fact
There's more to list too - right down to a cutting mat and tote for me!!
I can't wait to take pics first thing in the a.m. and get some uploaded!  I think it's awesome that her and I got our packages on the same day!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 12/29
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 4/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 5/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 7/12
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...