A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stores with free stuff  (Read 14014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jhoulez
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005 08:53:31 PM »

I have discovered that this doesn't come easy all the time...
I have found it does when you work at the stores or have friends that do.
At my old bagging job, I managed to get a whole wine shelf to take home, I still have it and it rocks.
I got a broken coffee machine too, maybe someday i'll fix it.
Also, when seasonal things go out of season, then they won't want them anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005 06:26:02 AM »

Some coffee places give their grounds away for free for composting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summer Lee
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005 09:58:59 AM »

Go to any ceramic tile store and ask for their broken tiles. They often pile them up outside the store on a daily/weekly basis. They love to give them away to artists or crafters. I used to get a ton of them and use them for mosaic tile work. I used a large pile of shiny cobalt blue tile, broken into small pieces, to put a mosaic in my shower. All you have to buy is the grout and glue. And it turned out great!
                                                                                           -Summer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeweledmonkey
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005 11:49:16 AM »

My favorite freebies are the wooden boxes at the wine stores. Sometimes they have wooden boxes from cigars too and those are a great size. Oh, and for those old enough, you can get free crown royal flannel bags at bars. </wino>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006 04:43:42 PM »

Most local theaters will give away those big movie posters if you ask real nice. You can also get those little promotional signs at most video stores by asking. I was so sad to find out someone asked for the rent poster before me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
DTchick
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006 04:51:45 PM »

Most local theaters will give away those big movie posters if you ask real nice. You can also get those little promotional signs at most video stores by asking. I was so sad to find out someone asked for the rent poster before me.

I"ve been ooking for a Rent poster forever. If you buy the DVD at Circuit City, you get a free Rent calendar. I saw it in the paper today. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006 09:16:00 PM »

I"ve been ooking for a Rent poster forever. If you buy the DVD at Circuit City, you get a free Rent calendar. I saw it in the paper today. Grin

Those JERKS!  I totally bought the DVD and I totally didn't get a calendar!  I just might have to go in there and ask them about it. 

Hmph.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
DTchick
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006 04:50:57 AM »

Those JERKS!  I totally bought the DVD and I totally didn't get a calendar!  I just might have to go in there and ask them about it. 

Hmph.

I totally bought the DVD the day it came out and asked about it. I still didn't get one. I don't think they ever had them to begin with. I stood there and told the man that the only reason I was in that store was because of the calendar and I could be getting a better deal over at Target. Then I proceeded to yell "I'm really angry" and walk away with my DVD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006 08:32:08 AM »

Hmph.

I totally bought the DVD the day it came out and asked about it. I still didn't get one. I don't think they ever had them to begin with. I stood there and told the man that the only reason I was in that store was because of the calendar and I could be getting a better deal over at Target. Then I proceeded to yell "I'm really angry" and walk away with my DVD.

Okay, we'll stop the off topic chit-chat, but I just had to say:  "Hahahahahaha!"
I have one from the show, so maybe I'll just have to be happy with that...  or maybe I'll go visit my circuit city and be all like "I bought the DVD and you guys didn't have the poster and can I have one now?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
dharmadog
a.k.a. "Cheaterpants".

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006 06:56:27 PM »

The bicycle shop near my house LOVES to give away bicycle innertubes from the bikes they fix. They have them in three different widths, even. They make great belts and wrist cuffs with the addition of some rivets and a d-ring buckle or heavy duty snaps. If you have a vegan friend, a rubber belt is a nice alternative to leather for them--makes a nice gift. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For crafty madness and general musings, visit my blog:
http://eatingtacoswhiledriving.blogspot.com/

Shop to help the animals! View handmade items by Rabbit Moon Artworks at http://www.craftersforcritters.com/index.php
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Chic Ponytails
Short Hair Spring Trends
How to Create a Smooth Soft Hair Wave
Braided Hair Trends
Crimped Hair Trend Spring 2008
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...