A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heading to Ft. Polk  (Read 3885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

afjenny

A cute crochet hat on my daughter Katie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010 10:24:59 PM »

Hi Tero!
I arrived at Ft Polk this summer and am a little bummed about the lack of good crafting as well!  I knit, crochet, sew, and recently got into making jewelry about a year ago...but it's a little hard to drive to Alexandria or anywhere in a crunch if you need supplies...and WalMart ain't cutting it!!  I'm also 40 and I'm recently retired from the Air Force, hubby is still active Army for a couple more years.  First time not working and staying home with the kids (6yr old in 1st grade and 4 yr old)...so I now have a little more time to relax and enjoy some of my hobbies in the wee hours of the night.  I would love to meet up and craft sometime!  I also have found a couple of my neighbors here on post in Dogwood also sew, crochet, etc....so we could potentially get a little group together and inspire each other (or console) either way, it would be nice to have a craft buddy!

Jenny
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010 10:31:59 AM »

yay !!!! ( doing a happy dance) I would LOVE to get together and start a craft group or join up with one that you have started. So happy that you posted here. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
holly5
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011 05:26:36 PM »

Hi Ladies,

My family and I will be moving to Ft Polk sometime this summer.  I am a newly crafty person looking to learn to be crafty.  My son is 1 1/2 and since I have been staying home with him I've been learning how to sew, and am interested in learning other things as well.  I would love to meet some of you when we get there this summer.  I am actually from the Lake Charles area so I can just imagine how frustrating it must be to be at Ft Polk so far away from anything!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...