A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heading to Ft. Polk  (Read 3799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 28, 2008 10:49:13 PM »

Hello, Smiley

We have just found out that we are moving to the Ft. Polk area from Germany. I am coming from a really wonderful group of crafters here and was hoping to connect with some crafty, thrift shop hunting, out side of the box thinking wonderful folks.  Smiley
Was wondering what kind of craft classes or shops they have on base and wanted to confirm that there are FIVE thrift shops in the area there?  Grin
I have been only getting info on line so far as it has been hard to find folks willing to be positive about that area.
We are a very crafty and close knit family though and can be happy where we are planted. I am sure that there are wonderful things there and I am sure that there are wonderful people there to do them with.
Drop me a line and maybe we can do an I owe you one exchange and I can get some goodies for you while I am still here in Germany. I have not signed up for any swaps because of how long the mailing system takes from over here and there is a slight chance that I could be a wee bit overweight for the move as it is...oops. I am choosing every scrap of fabric with care these days. However I probably have room for some more antique crafting things if need be.

Much Peace to all,
Tero
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008 12:12:24 PM »

At the risk of coming off pathetic......... Undecided I am now at Ft. Polk and really having a hard time meeting positive, crafty folks. If there are any of y'all out there, I would love to chat and craft together.

Much Peace,
Tero

Or perhaps a trip to Alexandria to a Hoby Loby together?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
olive_juice
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008 02:02:59 PM »

Hey there Tero, i hate to burst your bubble but LA (NO aside) is miles from crafty central.  Undecided  I'm a bit above you up here in Natchitoches, but the view's not any better!

I think i'm only 30 or 45 minutes from you, actually. So if you ever come in for the christmas festival or just to feel like a tourist for a day, let me know and i'd be delighted to show you around town (and give you a place to park, too! not an easy feat.). We've got a few thrift shops and antique stores i've grown to love, but sadly we are lacking in otherwise crafty areas.

Oh, and i'd so be down for trips to hobby lobby! There are a few crafty places in Eleck i have yet to explore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy .com
AliceUnderground
Epicurean Let's go

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008 12:26:55 PM »

I'm from Diridder. about 15 minutes from you and well it is a craft waste land down here.  I have resigned myself to getting stuff on line and that is pretty much it. I am sorry you are having a hard time finding people on base that craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PureOath
Raconteur Extraordinare

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009 01:22:33 AM »

I know it's been awhile Tero, but we are out here.  Wish I would have seen your post months ago.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to do a personal swap with (or will outright pay for) a knitter who could make an adult sized knitted t-rex sweater for Christmas. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
HeyVern
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009 08:26:46 AM »

I'm moving to port allen in July, relatively far away from alexandria, and it's disappointing that there is not a good craft club around. 

I think I might assemble one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.thecraftykind.etsy.com   Fused Glass Beads and findings
http://www.bungalowbettie.etsy.com   adult coloring book
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009 09:33:15 AM »

Yeah!!! So happy to see folks starting to come closer and Pure Oath your right here !! I am not sure where port allen is, if it is with in driving distance I would be happy to join your crafty group. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphireluna
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010 11:30:27 AM »

Woe to the crafty girl that lives in louisiana!!!!
i am in simpson which is 17 miles on the other side of leesville from you & i have to go to alex to get ANYTHING!
my son & daughter-in-law just got here from germany, also. he is 10th mt. div. & she is very crafty & at this point very p.o.'d about no outlets here.
i am 53 vs her 24 so i am more patient than she is...i watch the hancock ad & save up for the good ones & make my trip.
if you need to vent or want to brainstorm let me know!
luna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`*`*`my soul is fed by needle & thread`*`*`
     `*`*`follow the yellow quilt road`*`*`
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010 04:53:42 PM »

Oh Luna, Smiley So very happy to meet you Smiley I am 40 to your 53 and your daughter in laws 24 Smiley

I would love to be included in your little crafty family. What sorts of crafts do you ladies do? I have been here two years now and am still looking for crafty friends to swap ideas, supplies and labors of love with. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphireluna
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010 01:53:55 PM »

hi, tero
i do alot of different crafty things--quilt, clothes, anything with fabric...i paint--some stencil, some freehand...i have played around with jewelery making...i just like crafts in general.
my d-i-l will be craftier when she doesn't have small children & a job but for now she is spread too thin!..lol
right now i am working on some small quilts to sell on etsy or ebay...hopefully!
what are you working on?
luna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`*`*`my soul is fed by needle & thread`*`*`
     `*`*`follow the yellow quilt road`*`*`
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crawfish Etouffee Recipe - Part 3
Crawfish Etouffee Recipe - Part 4
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 1
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 2
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...