A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dog Toys  (Read 1444 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_toy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mom2blu
« on: January 28, 2008 06:13:01 PM »

These are kinda dumb, but I'm trying to share pics of my work so....

I made these toys for my dog using some old macrame cord I had stashed away. One I did the square lanyard stitch (like you do with plastic lacing to make lanyards in summer camp) then tied knots on the end.  The other I just used scraps and braided them, then braided those then braided those, until I was out.

We'll see how they hold up, sicne I have a 60+ pound boxador who is still in the puppy stage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

HELPPPP I'm addicted to wists!!!!! www.wists.com/mom2blu
mento_bug
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008 06:49:13 PM »

looks like a good use for left overs, hopefully it last a bit
THIS ROCKS   Logged
narhloki
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008 07:53:06 PM »

Their cute, your dog will love them, for my girl I plait torn up old jeans and tie knots at the end to make 'thingies'. She loves her 'thingies'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atheris
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008 10:53:40 PM »

Uh correction- these are NOT dumb!!!!  Smiley

I think this is a GREAT idea. I recently became aware of the problems with pet toys from China. Apparently a lot of baby and children's toys were recalled that had come from China because of toxic levels of lead in them- so someone decided to test pet toys. Same toxic levels of lead- but the pet toys are NOT being recalled. If you look at the pet toys in any store- most come from China and I don't trust any of them anymore. So I went through all the pet toys- and threw out most of the toys I had for my puppy and most of Bug's toys too- and now am making them myself!

I just cleaned my boyfriend's closet and plan to make something similar to this out of strips of his jeans that are too worn out for him to wear now.

You can buy rope too and I think it would be great to use this idea with any rope or strips of cloth.

Jo Biasi
www.camofish.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jo Biasi
www.camofish.com
camofishus.blogspot.com
Santa Rosa, CA
Chubby Pixie
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008 09:24:47 PM »

I agree, those are awesome toys.  I make my guys toys like that out of fleece scraps  but I bet they'd like the texture of the macrame cord better.  I've done denim ones as well but ran into some problems when my dog mistook my jeans for his toy and chewed a big chunk out of the waist.  Shocked I've since learned to put my jeans in the hamper.  Wink   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Taz from the Looney Tunes
How to Draw Big Bird from Sesame Street
The New Camera Raw in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Spider Monkey from Ben 10 Alien Force
How to Draw Anais The Amazing World of Gumball
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...