A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted & Felted Noro mini tote+ cell cozy  (Read 1580 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2005 08:29:44 AM »

Hi there, another F.O. minus the "U."  Cause I'm done-yay!
  Here's a little noro set knitted and felted up with #88 yarn.  I was looking for #95, but settled on this, and I'm so happy with how it turned out!  My first felting project, and my first experience with noro yarn.  It's scrumptious if I do say so...

BTW, could you tell that the cell cozy was my felting swatch?  I just closed the rectangle, and single crocheted around the edge in purple (the next color going) and voil!
  I love how these turned out. Did I say that already?  I can hear more noro calling me from a distance....Saaarraaahhhh........you neeeeeeed meeeeee....... 
 Wink
Peace.
Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tangerine

I'm feelin' hella good.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005 08:20:11 PM »

Its more than scrumptious! Its scrumdiddlyumptious! .. I must learn how.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eat your fruits and veggies <3
You know you love me.
knitaclaw
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005 09:55:44 PM »

what is noro yarn?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patchworkarmy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005 10:58:54 PM »

Shocked
OOH!! Let me tell you!  Noro is a brand of yarn from Japan.  There are several different kinds they make, but there are some common features to almost all of their yarn.  The kind I used is the most common, called Kureyon (Crayon in english).  It's 100% wool, and the other types they make are silk garden (which has silk in it, duh!), and Big Kureyon (larger bulky version), +more.
  The reason Noro's yarn is so awesome is the colors! Google "Noro yarn" and see what pops up.  The skeins are verigated in slow stripes and in a LOT of different beautiful colors. Each color combination is coordinated with a number.  I used #88.  Greens, red, orange, and purple. 
  SO, this is my 1st project with it, and I'm in love.  Check it out!
Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewer Rat
Fabric will be my downfall!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005 06:01:54 AM »

Sooo beautiful!  You did a great job!  How nice to have a warm, fuzzy, colorful purse in winter! 

I just started knitting a scarf with Noro Kureyon (indigo, purple, pink)  and I love it, too.  Please tell me a beginner might be able to tackle this purse!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organ donation rocks!  Recycle, reuse!
patchworkarmy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005 03:44:38 PM »

OH! This purse and especially the cell cozy would be perfect for a beginner!  I'm actually a beginning knitter myself.  I only started learning to knit a few months ago.  Like, september, october, maybe?  I've crocheted for years, and it seemed silly not to learn to knit, too!

For the cozy, I just knit a big rectangle (my swatch) and sewed up the side. Then crocheted around the edges w/purple.  EASY! (can't remember the needle size I used... probably 8 or 10 b/c you want a looser gauge for felting than you'd normally want when knitting anything else!)
  And for the tote, I knit in garter stitch for the bottom- make a rectangle- and then just picked up stitches all around it, and started knitting in the round using dpns. Then knit till there's just enough to B.O. and there you have it!  The handles are I-cords, and you'll probably want to knit those first so you can just use up the rest of the yarn for the tote like I just said.  I didn't do this, and actually kinda ran out.  =0(
  I made both of these with the same skein of yarn.  So everyone go get some Kureyon and knit yourselves a matching set!  It's sooo fast and fun!
Peace!
Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShiningStar
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005 07:39:28 PM »

Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
knitaclaw
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005 07:46:46 PM »

oooooh i found some really pretty noro yarns! the colors are beautiful! are they really hard to find, though? like, would they be in my LYS or would i have to get them online (did you?)

http://www.theknittinggarden.com/no-kureyon.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patchworkarmy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005 08:08:54 PM »

oooooh i found some really pretty noro yarns! the colors are beautiful! are they really hard to find, though? like, would they be in my LYS or would i have to get them online (did you?)

http://www.theknittinggarden.com/no-kureyon.htm

You shouldn't have to order it, all the LYStores around here carry Noro yarns.  There are so many different colors, though, that if you're looking for a specific #, you might have to hunt around a little.  I've found that Kureyon sells for about $8 or just over per skein. But you can get 3 skeins for about $20 on ebay if you look! With shipping, though, you might be right back up to the price locally, so just check and compare...
Good luck!
<3
Sarah Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewer Rat
Fabric will be my downfall!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005 12:14:38 AM »

I think I'll frog my Kureyon scarf and make a tote instead!  i just started knitting two weeks ago, made two scarves and now have a yarn addiction!

Again, beautiful job!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organ donation rocks!  Recycle, reuse!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Guides Using the Line Tool
Adobe Illustrator CS2 - How to Open Files from Bridge
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Transparency to a Gradient
Macromedia Flash 8 - Choosing a Gradient Overflow
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving and Locking Gradients
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...