A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,545
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: See my Flower Washcloth  (Read 1932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snowflake
« on: January 11, 2005 09:34:44 PM »

Look at this...  I was expecting it to be very difficult when I first saw the pattern.  After trying it, it wasn't that bad...   Grin

http://http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/little_g76/detail?.dir=7baf&.dnm=f1e3.jpg&.src=ph

PS: SOrry, I'm new and don't know how to post the photos here directly... Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005 10:16:39 PM »

I like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
slystr
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005 06:39:18 AM »

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/little_g76/detail?.dir=7baf&.dnm=f1e3.jpg&.src=ph

yahoo may not allow direct image linking, but the url needs to be between the brackets
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005 06:41:11 AM by slystr » THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005 07:54:57 AM »

yahoo may not allow direct image linking, but the url needs to be between the brackets
Yeah, apparently they dont, as you can see, we have both tried...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
legallyblonde
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005 08:54:26 AM »

Very cute! I made several of these to go along with Christmas gifts, and everyone seemed to really like them. Now I have  2 balls of Cotton Chenille to make some for myself but am so sick of doing them at this point!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005 10:35:20 AM »

Very nice job on the flower.  I like the peach color.  Smiley  You should try uploading your photos right here on Craftster.org.  It's really simple and makes your life a whole lot easier.

Legallyblonde, I know what you mean. I made a few for myself when I first got "Weekend Knitting".  I always do get compliments on them but making them does get tedious pretty quickly.  And do not get me started on weaving in all those freakin' ends.  There are few things in life I despise more than that stupid darning needle.
 Angry

But I do [heart] Crystal Palace Chenille and those flowers are really cute so it is worth it in the end.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005 08:24:44 PM by daria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
Jane2
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005 07:51:58 PM »

Almost an off-topic question:

Is there any company that sells *cotton* chenille yarn - other than Crystal Palace?

The closest yarn store to me that is officially listed as selling Crystal Palace yarn is two hours drive away. And it is in a direction of travel that I can't think of  going for anything other than the yarn.
Which makes it too expensive for me to "just pop in and get" - especially since I don't think I can find the Flower Washcloth pattern. (I borrowed a magazine (?) with it in, and I've either returned the magazine or lost it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vpop
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005 07:59:19 PM »

I just finished my first flower washcloth too!  Must remember to take a pic and post it.

Almost an off-topic question:

Is there any company that sells *cotton* chenille yarn - other than Crystal Palace?

The closest yarn store to me that is officially listed as selling Crystal Palace yarn is two hours drive away. And it is in a direction of travel that I can't think of  going for anything other than the yarn.
Which makes it too expensive for me to "just pop in and get" - especially since I don't think I can find the Flower Washcloth pattern. (I borrowed a magazine (?) with it in, and I've either returned the magazine or lost it.)

You can buy the Crystal Palace chenille online at Fuzzy Galore- http://www.fuzzygalore.biz/knitting.shtml .  I just bought a few skeins from them and they ship quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jane2
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005 08:15:37 PM »

vpop;

Thanks for your quick answer.
I've thought of buying Chrystal Palace online ... but I'm an old fashioned gal and would rather go to an actual store to look at the real yarn "in person".
And to feel it, if truth be told.

I only thought of mentioning my little "phobia" just as I hit the Post button.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
legallyblonde
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005 08:48:56 AM »

Jane,

I don't have any better ideas on Cotton Chenille but most of the ones I made were from other yarns. My LYS doesn't carry Cotton Chenille either but I did get some when I was in another city.  I used Bernat Cotton Tots and Plymouth Fantasy Naturale.  I fell in love with a colorway in Fantasy Naturale and wasn't sure if it would be okay in a washcloth since it's a mercerized cotton (and I'm not even sure what exactly that is!  Smiley ) but a lady at my LYS said she had used it for some washcloths for her daughter because she wanted to match up a color, and she said it had held up well.  The Bernat Cotton Tots is really soft and feels great but the color selection isn't great, outside of baby shades.

The Cotton Chenille is great if you can get your hands on it though! I love how it looks and feels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oleander Girl by Chandra Divakaruni
The Demonolgist from Andrew Pyper
Fran Byrne Performs His Poems "Nerve Cell" and "Science Soulmates"
Bridget Minamore Performs Her Poem "Kings College Hospital"
On the Road With Atria’s Great Mystery Bus Tour
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...