A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Edit *ADDed Pictures* 12 Year Old Birthday Party (Pink and Black)  (Read 1371 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

manta.panda
« on: January 25, 2008 10:07:37 PM »

Hi I am planning a Birthday Party for my Boyfriends 12 year old niece because she has never had a party with her friends and I love doing this kind of thing. The theme is Black and Pink her Favorite colors, and we are going to have the girls get together like an hour before the party to have like a beauty spa thing where they get their nails done and hair by my friend who went tos school for cosmotology and I might help a little bit on what I can. Then when eveyone comes we are going to play Dance Revolution, Sing Star, Sharades, Twister, Red Rover and other games. Then I guess Dance or whatever else they want to do.

Anys for the decorations I already know Pink and Black Balloons, Possibly a Balloon Arch if I can figure out how to do it. Black table cloth with silver stars on it. Pink Cups, Plates, Napkins. Now I really need help on the center pieces. I have one idea which is a vase and pink flowers but I can't think of anything else. Please help me out there are going to be I think 5 or 4 round tables and I  didn't want them to all look the same but I wanted them to kind of tie together. Also any other decoration idea would be great!

Thanks  Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008 08:47:07 PM by manta.panda » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Capt_Jordi

Beachin it up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008 10:59:50 PM »

maybe make black and pink duct tape or paper flowers and then the girls can all take one home?

Or maybe um...  maybe a small goblet with a black gold fish with pink stones in the bottom? that might be a lot of work but it'd be fun!

or a bowl with pink beads and black pillar candles in them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eilleen
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008 11:04:41 PM »

alternating black and pink lanterns with a candle inside?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darlingluna
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008 11:25:43 AM »

Here's a thread about balloon arches http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=176058.0

I recently had a dance with black and pink. We put some fun games on the tables, like poker chips and cards (pink cards and poker chips). Girls love magazines--always something to talk about. It may not be pink or black, but you can never go wrong with a couple of mags around.

As some food, you can put out some nice strawberries and some dark dark chocolate (almost black!)

A great addition to anything is pink or black bead necklaces (cheap at party stores). You can cut them to make one strand and hang them up anywhere, or just set them on the table around your centerpiece.

I can't think of anything for the centerpieces. Maybe if you said what she's interested in, so that we could think of tying that into the black and pink theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I was a child, I spake as a child.
I understood as a child, I thought as a child:
but when I became man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly;
    but then face to face: now I know in part;
    but then shall I know even as also I am known.
laceylovespink
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008 08:21:12 PM »

my favorite colors  Grin

Table decorations:

This is a perfect time for a pink party because of valentines day being so close!! I saw some super cute plastic champagne glasses at dollar tree that would be absolutely darling with some pink or black (or a mix) of m&m's in them!

Find some darling pictures of her when she was a baby (bare butt pictures or her playing dress up) and blow them up on a photo program then frame them (dollar tree has some awesome frames) and put them at all the tables

favors:

personalized napkins really dont' cost that much and are a very special touch.

Tiny little bottles of nail polish would be cute wrapped in tulle with a little 'Hope you had a glamourous time at XXXXX's party" tag attached

You could print off 'Best Singer' "best dancer" "most original toenail design" reward certificates and give those at the end of the party Smiley

You could mix a cd of all of your neices favorite songs and play it during the party. Make a bunch of copies, decorate the jewel case (using any print program) and give a copy out to each guest Smiley

If you can sew or find some big pink pillows for super cheap that would be a cute thing for everyone to sign and take home and keep!

Decorations:

you can't go wrong by wrapping tulle in with blinking christmas lights and have it hanging in certain places. It really does add instant magic! If you have some safe places to put them, candles everywhere would be pretty too.

another cute idea would be to have rose petals all over the tables and floor, you can get big bags of these at the store right now too

hope some of those ideas helped, I will post more if some more ideas hit me Smiley

Lacey
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manta.panda
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008 09:26:52 AM »

Thanks guys! That gave me some  more ideas! I started working on some things can't wait until the party! It's on the 15th so if anyone has anymore ideas fell free to please let me know them.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008 02:28:33 PM »

For the centerpieces, I love the black fish idea, with pink/black marbles or stones in the bottom as a decoration.

Or if you don't want fish, you could use vases and fill them with pink/black marbles/stones.  I bet you could find those at your local craft store. 

Here is a cool link for ideas of decorating for a pink-themed bridal shower.  I know she's not getting married, but it might have some good ideas.

This Modern Parisian Bridal Shower is in the black/white/pink theme.  Check out the way the pink feathers dress up the table!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

manta.panda
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008 08:52:17 PM »

Thanks for the links! Now I wonder where I can get Huge Black or Pink Feathers like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manta.panda
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008 08:42:23 PM »

Ok I got some ideas! I am going to have one table have a glass jar which I got full of hershey kisses (Silver) and I might tie a bow to it I will use it as an anchor for the pink and black balloons. On another table I will have a black fish in a fish bowel which I already asked and she is allowed to take home with pink somethings in the bottom have to find them yet this will also be used as an anchor. Then I will have the vase with stars on it filled with pink flowers and I think I am going to have black feathers also in it to decorate it (I took a picture of the vase). Then on the last table I am making a star out of foam board and then covering it with silver glitter I will be placing a high heel shoes which is mine in the center of the star and it will have two or three pink roses inside of it I was also going to use this as a balloon anchor but now I might rethink the whole using them with balloons might be too much is one spot... what do you think? I also stared on the sign which spells her name "Tara" It is supost to have white lights all around it but I need to a get some more lights to finish it... also most of the glitter fell off of it so I will probably have to re-do it, that stuff is such a mess! Oh yeah I make some mixed CD's and made some covers for them with silver stars on them! I am also giving them candy maybe some little makeup things... and I wanted to make maybe something else handmade but not sure what to use. Let me know what you think so far and if you have anymore ideas...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhettsmommy
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008 09:15:16 PM »

Everyone has great ideas, you should have fun planning this party!  Here's my 2 cents:

I love the spa day thing for the "beginning" of the party, make sure to have pink nail polish and pink lip gloss, this could be part of their party favor (you can get it at the dollar tree)
You could make them little "makeup bags" ?with their initial on it? for their nail polish and lip gloss

Maybe a kareoke (sp) machine might be fun.

you can find lots of pink stuff at the dollar tree or in the valentine section right now, go crazy!   I think a variation of the black, pink and silver balloons would be cute.
If you can find pink or black boas (try ebay), (lov ethe link rainy lake)you could tie one around each chair
Centerpieces could be more foam core silver glitter stars standing upright, paint a wooden skewer pink or black stick it in the top and put some kind of sign on each one, for table names maybe? to go with your theme? "star-struck",
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Animal-Themed Towels for Kids
How to Silk Screen Your Own Designs
How to Make an Egg Cozy
How to Make Marbleized Paper
How to Make Terry Cloth Bath Mitts for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...