A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Couple more new ones..nother teal pearl resin and one more scrabble tile  (Read 2701 times)
Tags for this thread: scrabble  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenni74
« on: January 24, 2008 08:59:02 PM »

I'm having so much fun with these tonight!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~ Scott Adams

www.ErkNJrkCreation s.etsy.com
www.AJCreation.etsy .com
*MAR*
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008 09:04:44 PM »

Cool! Tell me about the resin. Are you mixing them yourself, or setting the embellishments onto pieces of already set resin. They are both very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenni74
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008 09:07:08 PM »

Hi there! Glad you like them! I'm having a blast making them. I mixed the resin myself, added the pigment and let the resin set overnight. After popping them out of the mold I took my charm, some e6000, placed it on the front and then covered it with a clear krylon glaze. I set the crystals into the glaze and left it alone to set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~ Scott Adams

www.AJCreation.etsy .com
snlfreak83
Hemp Kitty Art

The Crafty Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008 09:12:26 PM »

I've never done anything with resin before. Seems like the creativity can really flow with it! I love the blue pendant so much! It's beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu tiful.....I'm eager to see all of your stuff.

GREAT job! Smiley I love it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013 10:31:16 AM by I Sew Cute - Reason: to comply with craftster's guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafty kid. I just can't help myself.
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008 09:17:03 PM »

lol, i got crystals earlier to add to some pieces without anything but color in the resin! they're pretty!!  wheeeee! i'm about to try engraving them, the only time i tried it was interesting, but not visible enough.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013 10:32:31 AM by I Sew Cute - Reason: to comply with craftster's guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008 09:22:26 PM »

lol, i got crystals earlier to add to some pieces without anything but color in the resin! they're pretty!!  wheeeee! i'm about to try engraving them, the only time i tried it was interesting, but not visible enough.
What if you were to engrave them and then swab it with ink, and then seal it?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013 10:33:28 AM by I Sew Cute - Reason: to comply with craftster's guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008 09:28:45 PM »

the teal resin is just gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
Jenni74
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008 09:38:19 PM »

the teal resin is just gorgeous!

Thanks so much! It's actually paint pigment. I've been debating over getting some of the actual resin pigment but saw this and just had to try it! I loved the color. It works fantastic and a little goes a LONG way. I got a 5 oz jar for about 4 bucks. I'm definitely going back for all of the colors!

You're resin ROCKS girl. I favorited you right back! I love the steampunk black pendants!
I've never done anything with resin before. Seems like the creativity can really flow with it! I love the blue pendant so much! It's beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu tiful.....I'm eager to see all of your stuff.

GREAT job! Smiley I love it.

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013 10:35:44 AM by I Sew Cute - Reason: modified to comply with craftster's rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.AJCreation.etsy .com
rosebudinnh
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008 09:40:22 PM »

oh wow these are great! I love that blue , such a pretty blue.  Thanks for sharing this. I really need to try resign. these are awsome. Rose
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenni74
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008 09:44:12 PM »

Hi Rose! Yeppers I'm a resin newbie too! I think next time though I'm gonna try some Easycast..(whatever it's called stuffed) lol...right now I'm using two big bottles of stuff I got at Lowe's. It works pretty well..although every once in a while I have a hard time curing it (of course that could be because of my measuring and mixing skills at 3 a.m. lmao)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.AJCreation.etsy .com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VX Method QuikTip Video #1
How to dance Disco
Introduction to Fresh Flower Foam
How to Beatbox: Cow Bell
Backgammon Doubling Cube
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...