A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Snowflake Shuffle! IYP 8 gallery!  (Read 22742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2008 01:51:28 PM »

So, I am probably the luckiest gal alive. I got two great packages in the mail at the same time. It was better than two packages of underwear for xmas! (maybe I should clarify I was thrilled about the underwear).

First, from my wonderful, amazing internet girlfriend- ollieorange  Kiss (oh, ollie- mega bus is going to your town now, so you can be expecting a spring time visit for sure! I just read it in the paper yesterday!)
A painting for my bare walls, a birdie in a shadow box, and a awesomely made bird nest wind chime- you will have to share with everyone how you made it. It is great!

(already on the wall  Wink )

The husband loves the painting by the way. I am going to have to commission you for more. He is so hard to please!

the top and the side view of the wind chimes

Then, from the marvelous xladyluckx, all this great swag:

There's a laundry bag for my kitchen towels which I asked for and pillow in exactly the fabric I asked for, a KEEE-OOTE punch needle owl, another awesome owl painted on a slab of slate, a pincushion, and a set of halloween magnets.

Close up of the punch needle:

I love everything SO much! Thank you both ollieorange (it was a pleasure as always!) and xladyluckx (ihope we can do it again sometime!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2008 02:03:09 PM »

we have an awesome gallery going here ladies!! WOW!!  Shocked

I got my package today!! I was so excited I think I may have ripped it out of my postman's hands! Tongue

RiRa and I were partners in the 12 Days swap and I loved everything she sent me in that swap. And I knew I wanted to have her as my partner for this swap. She really knows what I like and I am TOTALLY loving this swap package! We decided to not tell eachother what we were making so this was all a surprise!
Ok, enough rambling....

I got something I REALLY wanted, a monster stuffie! He might be traveling in the next round of the Little Visitor Swap. Smiley

She also sent me a wonderfully "kish" apron, in black fabric with pink polka dots!

Snickerdoodles (my new kitten) got a load of catnip filled toys. She is already playing with one of them. Action shot to come later...

I got a really SOFT tote bag. It is going with me on my trip this weekend!

And POSTCARDS! I have been trying to amass a collection  of postcards from around the world and although I have traveled to NYC a ton of times, I do not have any from there. So RiRa picked up a bunch while she was out there for Spring Break.

RiRa, YOU ROCK my swapping socks! <3333 and many thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
ollieorange
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2008 02:17:56 PM »

I really hope you like the windchime Sundayafternoonhousewife! It was a lot of work! First I made a nest out of poly clay then an silicone mold off of that, then I cast the nest in plastic. It was my first time casting plastic. The rest of it is made out of recycled stuff.

That needlepunch owl is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2008 02:22:59 PM »

I really hope you like the windchime Sundayafternoonhousewife! It was a lot of work! First I made a nest out of poly clay then an silicone mold off of that, then I cast the nest in plastic. It was my first time casting plastic. The rest of it is made out of recycled stuff.

That needlepunch owl is cute!

ARE YOU KIDDING? I  LOVE the windchime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2008 03:39:40 PM »

Seriously, the windchime is tres AWESOME.  Also, does anyone else ever have a complex when what you make is posted? Oh well, swap anxiety reigns supreme.

Also, so my package is sitting in my leasing office. HOw do I know and why do I not have it? well, while I could SEEEEEEEEE the package, they said that I have to wait till tomorrow to get it..

grumpy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
SewingLori
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2008 01:09:53 PM »

I LOVE IT ALLLLLL! That windchime is wonderful and the painted owl... LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Sewknitter asked me to post the pics of what I sent her. She requested two very specific bags to carry her stuff in. She sent me measurements and I went from there.

outside of the two bags.

She wanted as many pleated pockets as I could fit in there and a center divide. It is kind of hard to see what the inside looks like because the pattern is so busy.

Anyway, there you have it. They are identical to each other. I want to see what these things look like full of your stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2008 03:33:45 PM »

Those butterflies are so pretty!  Who doesn't love a bag with a ton of pockets?  Great haul, Sewknitter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2008 03:46:32 PM »

really love those butterflies and the bags are amaziing!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2008 04:42:13 PM »

gooooood grief! kishcrafts spoiled me sooo much. I am working on charging the batteries up to get closeups of the polyclay goodies but..wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
javede
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2008 12:10:31 PM »

I got my super awesome package from DropDeadSuzie today(well, actually it arrived here yesterday, but I wasn't home)!
I absolutely love everything and she has spoiled me rotten!!!
Even my dad wanted to claim one of the 3(three!) sleeping shorts she send me...of course he doesn't get any, they are MINE  Grin

Will post pics tomorrow when it's light outside.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Sprinkle Wallpaper - Pixelmator
How to Create a Apple TV Style Wallpaper - Pixelmator
How to Use the Quartz Composure - Pixelmator
How to Create Godzilla - Pixelmator
How to Create a Blurred Background - Pixelmator
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...