A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A bunch of horses  (Read 678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

imrahil
« on: February 08, 2008 10:47:21 AM »

This is just a horse I saw in a book, and used the photos of him for reference. Done in black and white crayons on coloured paper.

This is me riding Spotlite the Not So Famous Trotter who did one or two races ten years ago but is now more into english dressage and little trail rides in the forest. I made this one without a reference and I'm not entirely happy with it because her neck and head are too big, but I got her expression just right. I want to turn this one into a nice clean ink drawing, but that never happens Grin

And here he is: my favourite horse ever! I made tons of pics of him, but here are three of them plus one my sister made a few years ago (can you tell which one?) The picasso inspired one (#4) was a lot of fun to make, but the one I like best is the one with the two horses looking at the lake. And of course my sister's wonderful #1 happy horse!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinky_rocks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008 11:30:42 AM »

girl you can draw! when i have my nieces over i always have to draw them horses! seriously everytime. (except one of them...she had a phase where she always wanted me to draw a lawn-mower ...weird) but mine never turn out so pretty...maybe I should try the crayon thing...mmh i have some lying around somewhere here...have to go looking...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ming
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008 11:40:00 AM »

Beautiful work! I especially enjoy the Picasso one, so whimsical!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skapendee

live love laugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008 02:03:48 PM »

could i borrow your amazing sklls sometimes? id only keep them for oh- forever. as to pinky-rocks, i love love love drawing lawnmowers, they seem somewhat addicting
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imrahil
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008 12:38:16 AM »

skapendee: sure, go ahead and take em I'll just settle for my little sister's style for a while (that's the #1 in the last picture) Grin

ming: the picasso picture makes me feel I should use it for something. a card maybe or make a silk screen out of it, because now it's just lying around.

pinky-rocks: I've never come across a little girl wanting me to draw a lawn mower but I guess I'll have to start practising.. I can do horses and people but when it comes to cars and machines I have a problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
How to Make Kansas City Barbecue
How to Modernize Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
How to Make Bagels
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...