A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Why your website should have content  (Read 6493 times)
Tags for this thread: search_engine_optimization  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lil_ballet_girl

I want to be with you

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007 01:01:39 PM »

Nice post !! I knew a little about Adsense, but your post clarified everything!! Thanks a bunch  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Took for granted all the little things.
But now it's over,
All I can say is goodbye.
leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007 08:28:00 PM »

i had read about this on google before i saw this post and i thought it was a good idea, but now i think it's a REALLY good idea.

i'm in the process of starting my online business, i'm getting my paypal, google checkout, etsy, ecrater, etc etc etc all set up and now i'm just deciding on a webhost. i'm basically selling mostly knit accessories for cellphones and ipods, and i may through some handmade craft supplies like polymer buttons and beads and stuff in there too.

my question is, what kind of CONTENT could i include on my website?? and how do you incorporate this content into your listings of products and so on?? i love to write so i think this would be fun, i'm just not sure what i could add. does a blog count maybe? stuff like that? any suggestions would be great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2007 01:22:21 AM »

You can host your blog content on your site and then everything you write increases your content level.  You could write some simple knitting tutorials for types of items that you don't make, like scarves or something.  This is a great example of someone who does this ina a way that helps her without putting herself out of business by revelaing her secrets.  her detailed tutorials make it very clear how complex the work that she does really is.

http://entwinements.com/blog-mt3/

Doing a little research on the history, provenance, and sustainability of the supplies that you are using, and posting that info up with interesting facts about, say, spinning, sheep, what-have you.... another great way to build content.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmd32
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2007 04:38:44 AM »

So how well does this work if you have just a content only site? I have a million topics I have wanted to write up and put on a site for ages, just various FYI stuff, and it would be so awesome if I could make it pay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2007 03:20:28 PM »

income from advertising through, say, google ads, is based on click throughs and traffic so it doesn't much matter what your site is.  You can sell advertising directly to advertisers as well.  Again, doesn't much matter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmd32
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2007 03:56:52 PM »

income from advertising through, say, google ads, is based on click throughs and traffic so it doesn't much matter what your site is.  You can sell advertising directly to advertisers as well.  Again, doesn't much matter.

Cooolll...that's what I figured! Now I just need to get myself a site sorted out! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007 07:45:17 PM »

waaait a minute.... could you do this on just a BLOG? are there blog services out there that will let you put these ads on your blog?

and what exactly are affiliate programs - are they similar/a good idea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hylas
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2007 11:43:54 PM »

I can say this really works. I have made a total of......$2.72.  Wow!  I've only been working on my site for about a month, so if it keeps getting better, this might build up quite nicely.  It was fairly easy to sign up. 

I don't have a shop on my site yet, so it's totally content.  The thing is, when I signed up last week, it took 2 days for the ads to become tailored to my site.  Then I got a couple clicks.  Today I made $1.  So it seems to be somewhat cumulative. 

Thanks for the tip, Lindsayanne.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007 11:51:55 PM by Hylas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We shall continue to have a worsening ecologic crisis until we reject
the Christian axiom that nature has no reason for existence save to
serve man.  ~Lynn White, Jr., "The Historical Roots of Our Ecologic
Crisis," 1967

heather.homelinux.org
makefuncrafts
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007 03:42:49 PM »

Site Build It has a great concept for people who dont know HTML or have alot of high tech skills. I highly recommend it. I am in the middle of moving, so havent had much time to work on my site but if you click on my web site, (not my etsy store) there is  a link at the bottom so you can learn more. Hope this information is helpful to those of you wanting to learn how to have a profitable web site.
Jeanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hylas
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007 08:02:46 PM »

I've got a question about this whole subject.  I've actually got quite a bit of content on my site.  How do I go about getting my site out there so people will click?  I have a ton of completely varied subjects that come up in the top five when you search on google.  I should have no problem whatsoever bringing in a diverse audience.  These go from identification of plants to travel to crafts (of course) to cooking.  Where do I go from here in order to draw people in?  It seems like most of my traffic comes from Craftster, and I would like to mix it up a bit.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We shall continue to have a worsening ecologic crisis until we reject
the Christian axiom that nature has no reason for existence save to
serve man.  ~Lynn White, Jr., "The Historical Roots of Our Ecologic
Crisis," 1967

heather.homelinux.org
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Can You Look Like a Star Everyday?
Trend Report - The Dresses of Your Dreams
New York Fashion Week Spring 2015: BCBGMAXAZRIA
Surprising Ways Corsets Will Improve Your Life
Three Ways to Wear One Little Black Dress
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...