A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newborn Sweater  (Read 2240 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_sweater  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2008 03:42:49 PM »

Backstory- I'm due in 7 days on Jan. 27th, and am seriously going bonkers with the waiting.  This will be my 2nd girl, and since I took up crochet a few months ago, she's definitely full up on the blankets.  So I figured that I'd try my hand at a sweater. 
http://www.sandiangels.com/pattern-page.html  This is the pattern used, and I used the F hook like suggested for a newborn.  Gods, it looks so small, lol...but comparing it to some newborn clothing items here, the size looks the same.  It didn't take but 2-3 hours with lots of breaks.  I has the yarn from another project, and thought that I might just have enough.  I got to the 2nd sleeve, 2nd row and had a couple feet left, so I needed to go out and get another skein.  I might make the hat now that I have more yarn, but I'm not sure.  If I do the hat, I'll feel compelled to make booties.  I really hate working with this yarn, so I really don't want to use it right away again.   I do want to make a couple yarn buttons and loops to close up the top.  We'll see.

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008 04:39:50 PM »

awh! I LOVE IT! its so cute good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
TeaJoyGreye

IndieDyer, KnitterCrocheter, JewelryArtist, Sewist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008 05:58:45 PM »

cute! and congratulations in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008 08:59:09 PM »

Thanks!  I gave in and finished up the set...adding booties and a hat.  The hat pattern started out the same as the one in the link posted above, but it seemed small, so I did a couple more increases, and switched from dc and sc to dc and hdc instead.  I also changed the bottom to have more of a scalloped edge.  The booties were fun to find.  I wanted something that tied in with the sweater, and didn't use worsted weight yarn.  I found the perfect booties made of shells and baby yarn that was used on the other 2 items.  Pattern here- http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/shell-booties.html
Pardon the excess brightness...since the hubby was on the computer at the time, I had to use another location for taking the pics, and the white is a bit blinding.  And the camera died, so I gave up, lol.

The hat

Shell Booties- Somehow, one came out a little bit bigger than the other.  Since it's not TOO much bigger, I'm leaving it.

The full set.

I'm going to add the ribbon on the booties as soon as I find the right ribbon.  I'll probably do the same for the hat and sweater too.  If nothing else I'll use a chain of pink yarn. 

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
pinklamb
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008 12:37:43 PM »

That sweater is SOOOO cute!! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kadou
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008 05:18:57 AM »

It's lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Get Soft Hair
How to Get Waves in Your Hair
How to Get Victoria Beckham Hair
How to Grow Out Your Hair
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Dress
Wonderful Washi
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...